GDT: Buffalo at Nashville. 3/21/2015 8:00 MSG

Doohickie

Also, what is there to lose by playing Grigererenko (as Rob Ray fumbles...)? He still looks completely outmatched, but let him get a feel. That rip from the point should be enough to pique the interest.

I think Ray gets nervous everytime he has to call Grigs name. Tonight he has called him Mike, Micah and Michael, but never Mikhail.

Edited by Claude Balls

So we got some young guys finishing the season strong. Ennis, Larsson and especially Risto have really come on in the last few. I'd be fine with the Ennis, Mouls, Larsson as our #2 line next year. 

Also, what is there to lose by playing Grigererenko (as Rob Ray fumbles...)? He still looks completely outmatched, but let him get a feel. That rip from the point should be enough to pique the interest.

He is playing so scared! It's seems obvious to me that he knows one wrong 5 second stint and he is a bump on the bench the rest of the game.  I just never imagined Nolan being the straw that broke the poorly played out hockey career of Grigerenko.

So we got some young guys finishing the season strong. Ennis, Larsson and especially Risto have really come on in the last few. I'd be fine with the Ennis, Mouls, Larsson as our #2 line next year.

Nice work on the boards and nice pass to Hogdson by Grigs....That shot he rang of the pipe was a good one timer. Sabres have been lacking in that department. I'd rather keep him. He needs to work on his skating a bit more. I know the consensus is that he sucks. Everyone sees the world through different eyes.

Good effort by the boys tonight (especially Hackett).

Sabres got plenty of shot attempts, just not many on net. Too many whiffs, posts and just plain wide. They all seemed snake bitten tonight. But Hack was def the star for the Sabres in this one. Should be interesting to see who gets the start in Dallas on Monday. I'm guessing Lindback seeing how that's where he came from. Maybe we'll get to see an Enroth/Lindback matchup. That would make it interesting.

Nice work on the boards and nice pass to Hogdson by Grigs....That shot he rang of the pipe was a good one timer. Sabres have been lacking in that department. I'd rather keep him. He needs to work on his skating a bit more. I know the consensus is that he sucks. Everyone sees the world through different eyes.

I'll admit, tonight was Grigs best game in a long time, maybe even of his few stints in the NHL.

I will skip this game too.  In all honesty, I haven't watched an entire game for two entire seasons, and the only regular season I attended, ended with the puck in the back of the visiting team goalies pants.  Tee hee.

Ah yes, the Pysyk butt goal.

I thought he said youngest D-man?  Not sure now.

Yes, youngest.

I really dislike terrie the smoking lady

You're supposed to.  You're supposed to link her with cigarettes and never want to touch another.

Of course if you're not a smoker, it's just unpleasantness for no good purpose. 

Sabres got plenty of shot attempts, just not many on net. Too many whiffs, posts and just plain wide. They all seemed snake bitten tonight. But Hack was def the star for the Sabres in this one. Should be interesting to see who gets the start in Dallas on Monday. I'm guessing Lindback seeing how that's where he came from. Maybe we'll get to see an Enroth/Lindback matchup. That would make it interesting.

Good call on Lindback for the Dallas game. As long as Hackett gets enough games to retain his rights, I don't mind; I want them to keep him in the system long enough to get a good look after his performance tonight.

Circumstances for Nikita, will lead to him being sat next game.

It was perfect that this happened now and not after the end of this season.  That's a game situation that he's gotta be able to make an instant decision on; now he knows what happens if he makes the wrong choice.  Good lesson for the kid.

Is lindback/Hackett going to be the next Miller/Biron combo in the coming years...... I honestly haven't seen much of either of them, small sample size I know, but are they really looking that well.

I wouldn't count on any of the UFA goalies being back.  And if one returns it will only be because it was the best one Murray could get (but I think he'll get someone better).

Perfect game.  Good effort by the good guys, entertaining, and the young guys showing that the future is bright ...

... but 0 points. ;)

Yep.  The only thing I would have liked would have been if Cody or Mikha- Michae- Mike scored.

I'll admit, tonight was Grigs best game in a long time, maybe even of his few stints in the NHL.

He had a good game a few games back.  I think it was the one where he was up for one and immediately sent back; I thought he played pretty well.  Starting to see a little chemistry between Grigo and CoHo.  They both know they're on the outside looking in as far as the future core goes and holding their sticks a bit too tight.  If they could relax just a little I think you'd see better things out of them.

If Rex pulls an Irbe, the Bills will be in the playoffs winning more than meaning less games.

Remind me.... who's the QB coach again?  Cuz that's where we need the magic.  I think any of the 4 QBs we have has the potential to be the starter (although Cassel not over a long haul) if they get the right coaching.  Last year no Bills QB was getting coached worth a damn.

Hey! The Sabres and Razor are coming to a town near you next!  Buy Razor a beer and get us a good SS story....

I know.  I should.  There's a contingent going to the game from Ft Worth (the local Bills Backers) but I never bought a ticket.

Foligno just seems like he rushes too many shots and hits them off the heel of his stick.  It seems to happen just about every time he has an open shot.  I like his "compete" but the "finish" is terrible.  Not sure why Foligno stands out so much, except that I think the rest of his game looks so good. If he could just finish.....

Marcus, why can't you be more like your brother?

Hey! The Sabres and Razor are coming to a town near you next! Buy Razor a beer and get us a good SS story....

Well you'll have to buy Rayzor a Coke, he quit drinking awhile back. Although you would think he had half a load on when he's broadcasting.

I also agree about Foligno. He has been playing pretty good all around except for the scoring part. He just seems to himself everytime he gets a good opportunity. Love the kid with his toughness and determination, but it's time to start burying those chances. Besides, I have his jersey so he better be here for awhile.

Edited by Claude Balls

I thought Coho and Grigorenko had chemistry in the preseason already, even excpected them to anchor a 2nd line with stewart.

Maybe a good thing for the tank that didn't happen.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/3/21/8271195/sabres-player-loses-teeth-blood-after-taking-painful-stick-to-face   ouch

Edited by Heimdall

I believe the current Buffalo playing style let the goalies shine:

Many shots, so they are always in game, ready and focused.

I do not believe that Irbe is the master mind behind that.

He has some influence, but I think he is not the main root cause for the uprise of 4 different keepers this year.

What got me angry today was the equalizer from Pittsburgh against Arizona. Mike Smith shots the puck behind the net on a Pittsburgh player directly in front of the net so that the puck deflected in. I shout : Foul play!!

What got me angry today was the equalizer from Pittsburgh against Arizona. Mike Smith shots the puck behind the net on a Pittsburgh player directly in front of the net so that the puck deflected in. I shout : Foul play!!

Just watched that goal (below).  Wow, f'ing ridiculous.  If that type of thing gets them 30th, I'm going to go ballistic.

Edited by carpandean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.