GDT: Buffalo at Nashville. 3/21/2015 8:00 MSG

Doohickie

I agree with this. Oversized goalie equipment, elaborate defensive trap systems, clogging up the shooting lanes, etc. Get up by a goal then go into a defensive shell. And (as someone said upthread) the shots that go into the net these days are the result of luck much of the time in that they pinball off of players.

There won't be any 100-point players this year and there is a high probability of only three 40-goal scorers (Ovi, Stamkos, Nash).

I laughed about this the other day when I saw some clips of lacrosse goals.  Their goalies looked ridiculous kicking at the ball.  Could you imagine if NHL goalies only wore basic (skater) shin pads on their legs and they made the goals twice as tall?

I laughed about this the other day when I saw some clips of lacrosse goals.  Their goalies looked ridiculous kicking at the ball.  Could you imagine if NHL goalies only wore basic (skater) shin pads on their legs and they made the goals twice as tall?

Scoring sure would go up, but what I want is a return to the speed and flow of the game of the 80's and early 90's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.