Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Sorry, had family walking in for dinner and didn't comment with the link I posted.

You have to take anything that hack writes with a grain of salt (worst in newspaper history) but the trade (so far) is really working out well with Stafford and Myers playing very well.

If Bogo can keep his nose clean (pun intended) and Kane plays up to his potential, you guys should be happy with them.

I'd like nothing better than to see the Jets and Sabres playing for the cup one day.

He has them fooled.  He's playing for a contract.  After he signs his $4.5M-$5M per deal if he were to stay with Winnipeg watch the head scratching eyeroll performances to come in.  The guy has the talent but once he gets his $$$, he checks out.  

He has them fooled.  He's playing for a contract.  After he signs his $4.5M-$5M per deal if he were to stay with Winnipeg watch the head scratching eyeroll performances to come in.  The guy has the talent but once he gets his $$$, he checks out.  

As they say in the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future results. Things might be different for him in Winnipeg. I never saw Stafford this good in a Sabres uniform, where he was just the way you describe him. 

Players somehow get better once they leave Buffalo...

Edited by 716

He did pretty good after he left Buffalo, but he did have a really talented team around him in Pittsburgh.

Sure he did and that certainly helped him to get that much better.

He did pretty well in Buffalo, too.

Sure, but not two cups well.  Always seemed to have a 5 hole soft spot.

We were living in Pittsburgh at that time (their first two cups) and in the first one the Penguins were down 3 - 1 in the opening round against NJ.  Barrasso was hurt and their back up (you know ... *what's his name*) stood on his head and won that series.

I hope The Jets keep their wildcard spot.  I think they would be my favorite Canadian team in the playoffs.

For their fans and the atmosphere they create, I hope so also. Also rooting for Myers and the Staph for the playoffs.

I know I went out on a limb but Stewart, Halak, Brayden McNabb, Ehrhoff, Sekera, Pardy, Kassian,  Boyes, Byron, Butler, McArthur, Raffi Torres, Bernier, Zubrus, Gilmour, JP Dumont, Myers and Stafford with Armia and Lemieux in reserve. Meanwhile Ellis, Weber, Kaleta etc. are still here. When a player goes to a better team, they'll probably get better because they're in a better system, coached and managed better and surrounded by better players who can make better plays. Plus the change from Buffalo seems to refresh many of them. Buffalo's had a real problem with picking, developing and keeping good players. It's like the Sabres are a minor league team masquerading as an NHL team. It's the management of these "assets" that's historically at fault here. You don't want to trade with teams that are smarter than you and unfortunately they're all smarter.

Edited by 716

As they say in the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future results. Things might be different for him in Winnipeg. I never saw Stafford this good in a Sabres uniform, where he was just the way you describe him. 

Players somehow get better once they leave Buffalo...

Stafford was even more productive with the Sabres in 2010-11 (over the whole season, but especially during the middle of the season) with centers like Roy and the Tin Man than he is in Winnipeg.  Then, he signed his contract.  Maybe this time will be different, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Edited by carpandean