Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I see Myers through a different focus now. The hopes and prayers of this woebegone franchise is not on his shoulders anymore. Like Kane and Bogosian with the Thrashers, it was too much too soon for Myers. He was screwing up in Buffalo because he had nothing around him and they depended on him too much. Now that he has a decent team around him, he can grow organically into the hockey player he was meant to be. I hope he does well in Winnipeg, which is like Buffalo as a city in many ways.

Speaking of too much too soon, Buffalo is relying on McEichel and Reinhart in a way that's reminiscent again of Kane and Bogosian with the Thrashers. My fear is they push these boys ahead too far, they rely on them too much and they suffer chronic injuries you've seen with Kane and Bogosian. The latter two were depended on too much by a weak organization when really they were boys playing against men.

The result, chronically injured and professionally stunted.

Yea but how are we relying on reinhart and McEichel when we have talented players like ennis, moulson, kane, ristolainen, zadorov, girgensons, bogosian, and pysyk.  (and hopefully grigorenko).  There are also good supporting players like pysyk, foligno, gionta, and deslauriers.  Thats not a bad cast

Yea but how are we relying on reinhart and McEichel when we have talented players like ennis, moulson, kane, ristolainen, zadorov, girgensons, bogosian, and pysyk.  (and hopefully grigorenko).  There are also good supporting players like pysyk, foligno, gionta, and deslauriers.  Thats not a bad cast

You forgot Hodgson.

People have been cracking on Hodgson this year since he's being outscored by Kassian, among other problems. I say wait til next year when we have a semblance of a team. I'm giving him a pass this year. He's a me-too kind of player, not a leader, but you need those guys too once the ball is rolling.

People have been cracking on Hodgson this year since he's being outscored by Kassian, among other problems. I say wait til next year when we have a semblance of a team. I'm giving him a pass this year. He's a me-too kind of player, not a leader, but you need those guys too once the ball is rolling.

Yeh, I don't see Hog as a cancer... too quiet.  Me too sounds about right.

It likely wasn't going to happen for Stafford or Myers here in Buffalo and Kane has yet to play a game for the Sabres. I don't consider this robbery. This trade was a long term investment. The Sabres bought stock in Kane not to get rich quick but to extract dividends over the long term.

The Jets have seen immediate results which is good for them. We knew after the trade the results for us would come in the future. The article is crap because he's judging a trade that can't be fairly judged right now. Talk to me in a couple of years.

The Jets have seen immediate results which is good for them. We knew after the trade the results for us would come in the future. The article is crap because he's judging a trade that can't be fairly judged right now. Talk to me in a couple of years.

Bingo

Oh ya, Stafford hot, how long will that last? And he'll probably be gone after the season

eh a Winnipeg newspapers claims they robbed us, whatever.  Kane hasn't played a single game.  Bogosian has been fantastic. The key part of the trade is Armia, Lemiuex, and the 2015 1st.  Those three pieces can't be properly evaluated for another 3 years at the earliest.  Right now I am content with the trade.