Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I think Kane for Myers could have been done, especially since the Winnipeg divorce was in progress.

Stafford can be a 15-20 goal scorer on the right team. I think you are undervaluing him.

I agree with this but I think their wouldn't be many takers on Drew. But I feel the same as this poster does about Kane and Myers. I think Winnipeg was desperate for a deal. This is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I agree with this but I think their wouldn't be many takers on Drew. But I feel the same as this poster does about Kane and Myers. I think Winnipeg was desperate for a deal. This is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Murray pushed for the deal now. Winnie wanted to wait until the off season (i guess to get more buyers). Not that desperate.

Murray pushed for the deal now. Winnie wanted to wait until the off season (i guess to get more buyers). Not that desperate.

I watched the video.  Murray claimed that Winnipeg pushed for the deal now.

I watched the video.  Murray claimed that Winnipeg pushed for the deal now.

That doesn't mean they were desperate.

My point is that we may have overpaid, but it certainly wasn't massively. I also think that nobody is factoring in the price it takes to appear to be trying to make the team better while actually making it worse this year.

My point is that we may have overpaid, but it certainly wasn't massively. I also think that nobody is factoring in the price it takes to appear to be trying to make the team better while actually making it worse this year.

Fair.  But I don't think people are factoring in that Kane is broken and might not even be available for the start of the season.  A lot will depend on when his off season surgery is and what they find.  But it is a fact that he is damaged goods at the sale.  That has to devalue him somewhat too.

Edited by wjag

Fair.  But I don't think people are factoring in that Kane is broken and might not even be available for the start of the season.  A lot will depend on when his off season surgery is and what they find.  But it is a fact that he is damaged goods at the sale.  That have to devalue him somewhat too.

Didn't he already have it?

Not sure if it mutes or there's just no audio... I get the same generic "the game will resume shortly" type message on screen as when there's an MSG conflict.

Whenever I watch a game that doesn't have commercials, like any MSG game with two MSG teams, my audio mutes every time they go to break. I have to manually turn the volume back up every time. I was wondering if it was just me or not. 

Didn't he already have it?

I thought I read (could be wrong) that he delayed doing it.

I read he had it three days ago. Kane made some comment about being woken by his agent, making some kind of reference that he hasn't been able to sleep much because of the pain from the surgery. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Whenever I watch a game that doesn't have commercials, like any MSG game with two MSG teams, my audio mutes every time they go to break. I have to manually turn the volume back up every time. I was wondering if it was just me or not.

Huh, never had to do that. This is what I see (with a variation at intermission).

Edit: pic won't attach for some reason, but it's the stock NHL message.

Edited by biodork

I read he had it three days ago. Kane made some comment about being woken by his agent, making some kind of reference that he hasn't been able to sleep much because of the pain from the surgery. 

That's what I remember, too, and that's when they found the hole.

I think they were desperate. They had issues with this guy. And once they knew he was out wanted to make a deal. It seem like he was out in Winnipeg regardless of this injury. I just hope he works out and becomes a great player for Buffalo but all the talk about teams interested in Myers to me seems like we traded him for too low. All this talk about teams wanting right handed defenseman. Yes we know he won't be Chara but he wasn't that bad and with him on a good team not having to be that number 1 defenseman he might finally break out now.

I think they were desperate. They had issues with this guy. And once they knew he was out wanted to make a deal. It seem like he was out in Winnipeg regardless of this injury. I just hope he works out and becomes a great player for Buffalo but all the talk about teams interested in Myers to me seems like we traded him for too low. All this talk about teams wanting right handed defenseman. Yes we know he won't be Chara but he wasn't that bad and with him on a good team not having to be that number 1 defenseman he might finally break out now.

Hard to say we settled too low when we don't know what other teams were offering for Myers. I have faith that GMTM took the deal that made the most sense for the Sabres. 

Yeah, I get the same one. Too bad, I like seeing the out of town commercials. 

Roby does a Yancey Fancy Cheese Commercial on the Yotes Broadcasts 

Murray was on Hockey Central at Noon

About the trade:

Was talking to TP this morning and said they where buyers yesterday. 

Feels there are two sides to every story and he did not need to talk to Kane prior to the deal.

Kane cannot start rehab for one month, and no decision on where he will rehab has been made

Kane will be in Buffalo Feb 20-23 to meet with medical staff/trainers, meet the team and for press availability

He is not concerned about the labrum repair, as this is the same surgery that Foligno had. 

He and Chevy were not concerned about winning the trade, wanted to get fair deal for both sides

Edited by BRAWNDO

He and Chevy were not concerned about winning the trade, wanted to get fair deal for both sides

This brings up an interesting phenomenon IMO.

Everyone wants to win the trade. As Sabres fans we surely hope we "win the trade." But it really means nothing. I was sooooooo sick of Stafford, and wanted him gone, and was extremely frustrated with Myers a lot of the time. But they were nice guys. I hated Stafford as a player at times but I liked him as a guy. I really hope he does well. I really hope Myers does well. I hope both teams think they won the trade. I wouldn't say that about other players. Has nothing to do with how good you think they are.