Royal Blue Color - Why Has it Disappeared?

CallawaySabres

Oddly enough, the gray bits don't bother me very much.  They would, however, look more out of place with royal blue.

I like the dark blue much better in person than on TV.  They really do look almost black at times.  I wouldn't mind something between dark navy and bright royal.

Pegula has previously said that the royal blue color will return:

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-uniform-royal-blue-return/20892090

See I knew I wasn't crazy. This is what I was talking about upthread.

Although to be fair, my posts resembled a drunken homeless man at 4am in terms of cohesiveness. :bag:

Did you by chance listen to Murray yesterday? Your meddling theory got blown to holy hell. Murray said Pegula asked him some questions about the deal and said "do what you think is best."

OK, so maybe he no longer meddles. That would be great news. He's probably too busy with the Bills. That doesn't mean he didn't meddle in the past.

• 1 month later...

Just digging this up... I have no clue if this has been mentioned before but I think I finally realized why our jerseys have the random grey piping and armpits:

ennistopstory92209.jpg

Right there. They were keeping some elements of the slug jersey. It has the grey pulling just the same but in a thicker stripe. The armpits are white and bigger, but it's there.

Just digging this up... I have no clue if this has been mentioned before but I think I finally realized why our jerseys have the random grey piping and armpits:

ennistopstory92209.jpg

Right there. They were keeping some elements of the slug jersey. It has the grey pulling just the same but in a thicker stripe. The armpits are white and bigger, but it's there.

I thought that was part of the Reebok jerseys, of which Buffalo was one of, if not the, first unveiled. I think they all were going to look like that until the reception was so bad they canceled a bunch of the planned redesigns.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.