GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, 1/9/2015 - 7:30pm MSG

LGR4GM

Sweet we got to play a crap team yesterday and the best team in the east today! I feel a blowout coming.

Tyler Johnson - 17g, 28a, 45pts

Tyler Ennis - 9g, 15a, 24pts

Each teams leading scorer. They have 6 Players with 9 or more goals. We have 2 and the highest is Zemgus with 11. So yea, should be a rip roaring good time in Tampa Bay tonight. The Sabres have lost 9 straight on the road btw.

Edited by LGR4GM

Sigh, yup this team is tough to watch with no players that can carry the puck up ice except members of an overwhelmed D. Just keeping an eye on the prizes McEichel and the rest of number draft pics. Last night was a very good win for the Carrion standings though.

Too soon. I have not finished savoring last night's effort.

Indeed.

Last nights shart is but a distant memory. Going into this game with renewed optimism and a fresh outlook. and clean underwear.

As always, GO SABRES !

:lol:

Time to shake up the top line. They aren't creating much anymore.

Stewart seems one of the few Sabres playing better now than a month ago.

Why not try him with Girgs and Ennis, and put Girgorenko between Moulson and Stafford?

I like the idea of those two lines.

Why not try him with Girgs and Ennis, and put Girgorenko between Moulson and Stafford?

Agreed, the top line GEM, is really a brown diamond and no longer sparkles.

Paul Hamilton@pham1717 1h1 hour ago

Nolan said all lines and all D are changing tonight. Said players don't know who's scratched.

He's still furious at the pen 44 and 24 took. Hinted that it may cost them their line up spot.

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 1h1 hour ago

Nolan said the 4 centers (Girgensons/Varone/Grigorenko/Schaller) will stay in the middle. Confirmed Neuvirth in goal (vs. Bishop) #Sabres

this actually looks good on paper. Stafford likes to take it wide behind the net. Carrying a dman with him might free up Grigs in the high slot.

Nolan said all lines and all D are changing tonight. Said players don't know who's scratched.

He's still furious at the pen 44 and 24 took. Hinted that it may cost them their line up spot.

Nolan said the 4 centers (Girgensons/Varone/Grigorenko/Schaller) will stay in the middle. Confirmed Neuvirth in goal (vs. Bishop) #Sabres

You know how I can tell I hate this team, I can't say who 44 and 24 are off the top of my head... Deslauriers and Varrone? idk

Is it sad that that is probably the best 4 centers this team has iced since 2009?

You know how I can tell I hate this team, I can't say who 44 and 24 are off the top of my head... Deslauriers and Varrone? idk

Is it sad that that is probably the best 4 centers this team has iced since 2009?

Deslauriers and Strachan.

To your second point: It is actually encouraging in a sense.

This morning was a mess and that probably screwed up the whole day's schedule.

As for flights, my wife made the point that the weather east of Buffalo is more than likely affecting the flight schedules. That aside, looking at the news on mobile devices leaves the impression WNY got whacked by another killer snowstorm and everything was forced to shut down. Really?

Meanwhile, the Muzak in the lobby of this hotel is making me wonder if Elvis were alive when Willie released "You Were Always on My Mind".

If Elvis were paid to smoke a J, I have no doubt, in my capitalist mind that he'd have been stoned for his indigression

Have you ever seen the letter he wrote to President Nixon, asking to be made a federal agent-at-large in connection with the war on drugs? Handwritten on airline stationery IIRC. Hilarious.

Liger, your advertisement was too much. I couldn't click on it for fear of it being too critical. What was the jist?

This new paradigm of outside forces, leaves me wary of new introductions.

Without even clicking, I'm almost positive it's the Latvian rap video about Girgensons. ;)

Edit: I stand corrected!

Edited by biodork

Have you ever seen the letter he wrote to President Nixon, asking to be made a federal agent-at-large in connection with the war on drugs? Handwritten on airline stationery IIRC. Hilarious.

omg has anyone seen this amazing new video that came out? it is amazing and totally new, never before seen...

I had no idea the letter was so well-known! Had I not seen the original at the National Archives years and years ago, I'd probably still not know about it. I don't know much about Elvis, I'm afraid.

I had no idea the letter was so well-known! Had I not seen the original at the National Archives years and years ago, I'd probably still not know about it. I don't know much about Elvis, I'm afraid.

Oh lol mine had nothing to do with your letter. I was making a joke about the 3 posts in the GDT yesterday about the Girgoosons video.

Side note the National Archives have some absolutely amazing pieces of history hidden within their vaults.

So 3 AHL centers and a 21 year old Girgs against the best team in the East? Is there any wonder why we're losing game after game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.