Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I know they have the money now, but they may not want to spend it all on Hughes; maybe they have higher priorities in Lupati or another lineman. If they get more cap space, they probably believe they can get both

For the record, it's "Iupati." With an i instead of an L to start. It's probably hard to tell with the way the board does capital I's.

And I think this team has high hopes in free agency. I think they'll go hard after Iupati and possibly Julius Thomas/Charles Clay.

LeSean McCoy and #Bills have agreed upon new 5-yr contract once trade w/ #Eagles is finalized on Tues, per NFL sources. Told it's a whopper.

@john_kucko: Per @Jeff_McLane, LeSean McCoy to get 5 year deal from #Bills, frontloaded with guaranteed $ #BillsMafia http://t.co/nRCfC8i6ip 

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7s7 seconds ago

LeSean MCoy gets $16m in 2015 from Bills.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45s45 seconds ago

LeSean McCoy and Bills have agreed on a $16M first year total with $26.5M total guaranteed and $40M over 5 years, per @RosenhausSports

Would like to know his actual cap his this season now

Definitely the most important part of this deal. We knew he was going to get a ton of guaranteed money from the Bills, but the cap hit is what makes or breaks this deal. 5 years isn't bad though

@MikeGarafolo: Of that $16m in the first year for LeSean McCoy, $13m comes as a monster signing bonus. Total value of the deal: $40m over 5 years. 

Oh wow... Chris Johnson (former Jets and Titans running back) was shot last night. Not sure how serious.

EDIT: just shot in the arm. He'll be fine. One of his friends died though.

Definitely the most important part of this deal. We knew he was going to get a ton of guaranteed money from the Bills, but the cap hit is what makes or breaks this deal. 5 years isn't bad though

@MikeGarafolo: Of that $16m in the first year for LeSean McCoy, $13m comes as a monster signing bonus. Total value of the deal: $40m over 5 years.

If I'm thinking correctly that should put his number at $5.6 million this season. Edited by Tank

@Jason_OTC: Looks like McCoys first year salary cap number will be $5.6 million (using numbers from @MikeGarafolo ) #Bills 

If I'm thinking correctly that should put his number at $5.6 million this season.

@Jason_OTC: Looks like McCoys first year salary cap number will be $5.6 million (using numbers from @MikeGarafolo ) #Bills 

Either you cheat or thing extremely well  :flirt:

Either you cheat or thing extremely well :flirt:

Bonuses spread out over the length of the contract. $16 mill on the season -- $13 mill in bonuses and $3 mill in base salary. $13 mill over five seasons is $2.6 mill per season. $2.6 mill plus $3 mill is $5.6 mill.

LeSean McCoy and #Bills have agreed upon new 5-yr contract once trade w/ #Eagles is finalized on Tues, per NFL sources. Told it's a whopper.

@john_kucko: Per @Jeff_McLane, LeSean McCoy to get 5 year deal from #Bills, frontloaded with guaranteed $ #BillsMafia http://t.co/nRCfC8i6ip 

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7s7 seconds ago

LeSean MCoy gets $16m in 2015 from Bills.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45s45 seconds ago

LeSean McCoy and Bills have agreed on a $16M first year total with $26.5M total guaranteed and $40M over 5 years, per @RosenhausSports

He better be worth that kind of coin.  They could have had Suh for that.

Suh just signed with the Dolphins and WJag was horribly wrong.

Here are McCoy's cap hits:

Cap numbers for LeSean McCoy: $5.5M in 2015, $7.675M in 2016, $8.875M in 2017, $8.95M in 2018, $9.05M in 2019.

And here is Suh's numbers:

Chris Mortenson: Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.

Get ready to pay Dareus in that ballpark.

Edited by Tank

Cap numbers for LeSean McCoy: $5.5M in 2015, $7.675M in 2016, $8.875M in 2017, $8.95M in 2018, $9.05M in 2019.

Chris Mortenson: Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.

Which is another reason why I wouldn't mind if Hughes walked. Dareus would be much harder to replace

Which is another reason why I wouldn't mind if Hughes walked. Dareus would be much harder to replace

True. Mario will likely be restructuring his deal at some point over the next two offseasons (hopefully with an extension). Chances are we still won't be paying any QBs...

So $5.6 against the cap, but he gets $16 mil. Good thing I never cared to figure out the NFL cap rules.

I explained it above. Bonuses spread out evenly throughout the contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/quarterback/

Next years free agent QB class. A little better than this years

Zero chance any of those big names hit the market. RG3, Foles and Bradford are the only starters with a chance of hitting the market.

If Bradford hits the market it's for the wrong reasons (poor year or another injury). Same with RG3. And Foles. Heck. Same for every good QB. They just don't hit free agency unless there is crazy circumstances.

Edited by Tank

What not just give everybody bonuses and forever remain under the cap?

They do. But those bonuses will be paid against the cap eventually. If they were to cut him after this season then the entire rest of the bonus goes on the cap.

Yikes.  That is some real coin in comparison.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.