(716) Food and Sport discussion

mjd1001

Its the beginning of December, haven't visited harborcenter/716 yet but I'm thinking of.

For anyone who has recently, 2 questions: How busy is it? If we go on a Saturday for lunch (around 11-noon) or an early dinner (4-5pm), is it crowded or is there a wait?

Also, what is everyones overall opinion of the food and service?

Thanks.

Went there for the first MTL game last week (Friday night I believe). Got there at 6:30pm and waited in line for about 10 mins. Talking to the bouncer he indicated that the wait for a table (of 3) would probably be 2+ hours. When we got in I put my name in at the hostess table and she echoed the "it's gonna be a while" narrative. For having people wait outside, there was still plenty of room in the restaurant and bar. Went to the upstairs bar and there were four open stools and plenty of space so we sat down. Ordered drinks (red margarita, black rock) that the girls in my party really loved. As soon as we ordered our drinks I got the text that or table was ready. this was maybe 10 mins into being in the place. So take that for what it's worth.

Ordered food at the bar (Spicy burger, chicken avocado flatbread and buffalo mac n cheese.) I had the burger and it was pretty awesome, my fiance liked the flatbread thingy and our friend didn't care for the mac just because it was quite spicy. I had a taste and thought it was as spicy as my burger, which was good for my taste.

Bar started to get crowded (2 or 3 deep) around 9pm. Girls ordered second round of drinks and liked them as well. My fiance got some alcoholic arnold plamer type drink that she liked. I will say it was kind of tough to watch the game since there was a lot going on and I was easily distracted. But overall we had a great time.

1 hour wait last week Friday at lunchtime; same Sunday 11/16 at lunchtime (there was no Bills game that day). They do not take reservations. I will not go again until they take reservations.

EDIT: I should say that I walked out both times, so I know nothing of the food and service.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour wait last week Friday at lunchtime; same Sunday 11/16 at lunchtime (there was no Bills game that day). They do not take reservations. I will not go again until they take reservations.

EDIT: I should say that I walked out both times, so I know nothing of the food and service.

I find this funny.

Nobody goes there anymore. It is too crowded. - Yogi Berra

Girls ordered second round of drinks and liked them as well. My fiance got some alcoholic arnold plamer type drink that she liked. I will say it was kind of tough to watch the game since there was a lot going on and I was easily distracted. But overall we had a great time.

Careful Chet. Muffy may not want it to be known that she drinks the Arnold Palmer type drinks lol.

I went before the Leaf game with a group of six and feel the place is awesome. I'm amazed at the fact the second floor wing bar is identical to the first floor wing bar. I will go there on weekend games and probably try to sit on the second floor on the rail facing the TV.

Eleven, they will eventually start taking reservations from the public. I was lucky enough to have something pre arranged and when we went, which I believe was Nov. 15th they were telling people a two hour wait for a table. We walked in and I don't know anybody who would be willing to wait two hours for it though.

The food was less than what I was really hoping for. Wasn't bad but didn't live up to my own hype. But then I only know by what I ordered and that was the fish and chips. I wandered around the place and checked out the main rink which is really cool. It is a great addition down there. The prices were not out of line and it is a sports bar.

Careful Chet. Muffy may not want it to be known that she drinks the Arnold Palmer type drinks lol.

I went before the Leaf game with a group of six and feel the place is awesome. I'm amazed at the fact the second floor wing bar is identical to the first floor wing bar. I will go there on weekend games and probably try to sit on the second floor on the rail facing the TV.

Eleven, they will eventually start taking reservations from the public. I was lucky enough to have something pre arranged and when we went, which I believe was Nov. 15th they were telling people a two hour wait for a table. We walked in and I don't know anybody who would be willing to wait two hours for it though.

The food was less than what I was really hoping for. Wasn't bad but didn't live up to my own hype. But then I only know by what I ordered and that was the fish and chips. I wandered around the place and checked out the main rink which is really cool. It is a great addition down there. The prices were not out of line and it is a sports bar.

Well that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. "Hey, come find me, I'm standing near the Golden Tee game in the corner". Crazy drunks may not be able to find each other.

Hopefully when pizza plant opens up across the street and Hofbrauhaus opens nearby as well the demand will fall off and I'll actually be able to visit one of these places, lol

Pizza plant is moving down there? Awesome. Their pizza isn't the usual Buffalo fare, but their beer selection is top-notch.

Yeah, its going to be in One Canalside, the old Donovan Building.

Here's an article from Buffalo Rising confirming. Gives the layout of the space if you're interested. Looks like it is going on the North side of the building facing main street.

http://buffalorising.com/2014/10/pizza-plant-signs-one-canalside-lease/

and here's the Hofbrauhaus info from May 2014. Looks like it is scheduled for opening in 2015 "within walking distance of Canalside".

http://buffalorising.com/2014/05/hofbrauhaus-buffalo/

and here's the Hofbrauhaus info from May 2014. Looks like it is scheduled for opening in 2015 "within walking distance of Canalside".

http://buffalorising...auhaus-buffalo/

I've been picturing the Hofbrauhaus right on the canal, but my wife is making a convincing argument that they might actually put it in the HSBC tower. There's a section that right now is a cafeteria or something that could be converted fairly well. Either way, pumped for it.

I've been picturing the Hofbrauhaus right on the canal, but my wife is making a convincing argument that they might actually put it in the HSBC tower. There's a section that right now is a cafeteria or something that could be converted fairly well. Either way, pumped for it.

I can't see the tower with the thought of 300 seats outside.

• 4 weeks later...

Oooof...this place must be a dud if it has been 1 month for a bump.

My question is...... Tonight......what game goes on the big screen?

Steelers/Ravens

Sabres/Rangers

?????????????

I'd actually check it out if it was the football game.

An hour wait and so-so food tends to kill a place.

My bet is that they split the screen tonight.

i went on Dec 31 for lunch... it was crazy busy but the staff is super nice. My cousin works for the Sabres so he emailed Dominic and got reservations but without that we only would have had to wait about 30 min they said. The astheics of the place are awesome, and I'd love to just hang out and watch the big screen all day, but the food is trying to be too fancy if you ask me. i don't like weird stuff, just regular (some would say boring) food is what I like so when everything has Aieoli (??) spread on it or some strange crumble cheese or stuff like that, I'd rather not be bothered. But I got the chicken finger sub without all that nonsense and it was good. Don't sit near the upstairs door, you'll be freezing cold (only like three tables along the edge but still wanted to mention it). The staff was super nice and attentive. The deserts are really good too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.