Carrion Hockey League All Stars

Taro T

Now that we're nearly a month into the season some of the leaders have started to show themselves. The best at being the worst, so to speak.

We should allow for a fall far from star contest. I figure we can nominate some players for 2 teams and then check their stats (maybe for the week before and week after the NHL ASG?) and find out which batch most exemplifies CHL values.

But what should the criteria be for nomination and selection and how should they be differentiated into 2 teams?

To keep it simple, I'm thinking we split the 2 squads into players representing NHL E/W Conferences (we currently have 4 reps from each, if that changes and we need to we can adjust to balance it out). But should CHL AS's be limited to players from CHL squads? I'm leaning towards yes on that. And how should players be selected? Again, the easiest way would be to take the THN top lines, top D pairs, and starting goalies and use their stats (I'd probably go w/ Yahoo's version because I've got ready access to it). But it would probably be more fun to take nominations and then vote on a team.

Thoughts?

Thanks to bunomatic for the idea.

Edited by Taro T

In the other thread, I mentioned that I want Benoit as a captain. Screw that--I want a conference named after him!

Too bad it's already named after Leino, a legend of his trade. Seriously, why'd we get rid of that guy? If Pegs wasn't so busy buying the Bills it never would've happened.

Edited by kas23

• 5 months later...

Well, the Sabres earned this.

golden-poo.jpg

Now we need to pick out winners for the following:

Jack Hoff - coach most likely to get the least from the most;

The Buddy - least valuable contributing player (aka the one that contributed the most to the least);

Rocket Richart - fewest goals for a top (2 or just 1st ?) line player;

Sulky - defensive forward most likely to get an assist on a goal scored against;

The Golden Sieve - worst goalie;

Fart Ross - least points for a top (2 or just 1st?) liner; and

The Quinny - worst executive.

And some others we have yet to name:

Least valuable rookie in an important every day role;

Worst save %age;

Worst GAA;

Worst D-man;

Worst +/-;

Worst sportsmanship - would need to define the crieria for it;

The go-away player of the year - who fell off the face of the earth worst who had been good only a season or 2 before;

Goon award - the guy least likely to have a night w/ Lady Byng and most likely to take a soul crushing penalty at the most opportune time;

A Drew Stafford-ish leadership award; and

An anti-Masterton award. I'm probably missing a few and we may want to go out of the box for a few more: Maybe add a Leino - worst off-season acquisition?

Well, have at it guys (and gals).

My nomination for best speech

And even, and even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far over our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days. Even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field. Even if every man, woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter, because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk cause they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! - Bill Murray

Edited by WildCard

Jack Hoff co winners TN and Dave Tippett

The Buddy ( not sure I get the criteria) Brian Gionta

Rocket Richart. Shane Doan

Sulky. I got nothin

Sieve Fasth

Fart Ross Cy Hdsn

Quincy Darcy Regier the destruction he wrought spanned two franchises and served as a foundation of the CHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.