GDT:11-1-2014 Buffalo at Pittsburgh 7PM, MSG B WGR

Brawndo

Trade Myers for Larkin and play Zadorov the rest of the season?

Yeah, seems we're so fantastically outmatched this season, what would it hurt? Unlike Samson, Zadorov is physically ready for the NHL. We know we're playing for the future, might as well get the kid (Zadorov) some experience and add some other pieces up front.

The only real question going into each game is whether or not we'll get shut out.

That's the truth. The team is arguably worse than last year. The passing is like they play hot potato...nobody wants/are able to carry the puck so they throw it or dump it to someone else who also doesn't have a chance...no doubt they'll break the NHL record for being shut out. They can't even get the puck.

That's the truth. The team is arguably worse than last year. The passing is like they play hot potato...nobody wants/are able to carry the puck so they throw it or dump it to someone else who also doesn't have a chance...no doubt they'll break the NHL record for being shut out. They can't even get the puck.

We've been shut out 5 of the last 8 games. The "hot potato" comment is dead on. Guys are trying to get rid of the puck rather than trying to make plays.

Rob Ray@robray32 7m7 minutes ago

71 to go

This was a pretty decent effort for the Sabres. It's only 2-0 until the Sabres start taking penalties. Not many teams can stay with the Penguins when giving them five chances on the power play.

The players the Sabres are counting on for offense need to cash in some chances. Two minutes into the game Moulson is on the door step and fails to cash in. Later, Gionta is all alone in front of the net and shoots it off the glass. Bury one of the chances and the complexion of the game changes.

This was a pretty decent effort for the Sabres. It's only 2-0 until the Sabres start taking penalties. Not many teams can stay with the Penguins when giving them five chances on the power play.

The players the Sabres are counting on for offense need to cash in some chances. Two minutes into the game Moulson is on the door step and fails to cash in. Later, Gionta is all alone in front of the net and shoots it off the glass. Bury one of the chances and the complexion of the game changes.

Those two misses were huge. But at least they had opportunities. I don't even remember scoring chances happening until the last two games.

We've been shut out 5 of the last 8 games. The "hot potato" comment is dead on. Guys are trying to get rid of the puck rather than trying to make plays.

Rob Ray@robray32 7m7 minutes ago

71 to go

If I hadn't seen the verified icon on that account, I wouldn't have believed it was really Rob. Earlier tweet: "79 to go"? Really? Maybe he wants out like everybody else.

That was disgusting. Can someone tell me why Andre Benoit is an NHL player? Can someone tell me who sharpens Cody Hodgson's skates?

If I hadn't seen the verified icon on that account, I wouldn't have believed it was really Rob. Earlier tweet: "79 to go"? Really? Maybe he wants out like everybody else.

When I moved back to Buffalo, right at the end of the '03-'04 season, I remember watching Mike Robitaille stare into the camera and say that he couldn't take it anymore.

Obviously, what followed the next season was worse (no hockey at all), but what came after that was glorious.

I guess we only can hope.

But I remember the look on Roby's face and I never will forget it.

Edited by Eleven

That was disgusting. Can someone tell me why Andre Benoit is an NHL player? Can someone tell me who sharpens Cody Hodgson's skates?

When I moved back to Buffalo, right at the end of the '03-'04 season, I remember watching Mike Robitaille stare into the camera and say that he couldn't take it anymore.

Obviously, what followed the next season was worse (no hockey at all), but what came after that was glorious.

I guess we only can hope.

But I remember the look on Roby's face and I never will forget it.

That's the problem isn't it? We're not sitting this year out due to a lockout. We got a free pass in 04-05. 14-15 isn't quite so easy to ignore.

I get the hate on every player we have, but I agree, freakin benoit. That guy needs to go, there cannot be anyone in the organization that doesn't think pysyk would be a huge upgrade. And the way Nolan and TM talked about Pysyk, it seemed they thought he was nhl ready...

I get the hate on every player we have, but I agree, freakin benoit. That guy needs to go, there cannot be anyone in the organization that doesn't think pysyk would be a huge upgrade. And the way Nolan and TM talked about Pysyk, it seemed they thought he was nhl ready...

I'm certain that GMTM is aware that there are a handful of guys in Rochester that would be a huge upgrade. GMTM is a genius.

That's the problem isn't it? We're not sitting this year out due to a lockout. We got a free pass in 04-05. 14-15 isn't quite so easy to ignore.

Right. This is embarrassing and expensive.

I have no idea why Benoit is in the NHL at all. I don't know why the Sabres have him, because, as you say, Pysyk is ready. There is no point to this person. He adds no value. He is a career minor-leaguer who saw some time on a good team last year, and that's it. I know it's a vet minimum contract, but, still, he is taking a roster spot from someone who might actually be skilled. This is frustrating. People hate on Meszaros, and ok, but this guy is the WORST. He makes Mike Weber look like Bobby Orr.

I'm certain that GMTM is aware that there are a handful of guys in Rochester that would be a huge upgrade. GMTM is a genius.

GMTM is pissing me off right now. Angry Eleven activated.

Edited by Eleven

Right. This is embarrassing and expensive.

I have no idea why Benoit is in the NHL at all. I don't know why the Sabres have him, because, as you say, Pysyk is ready. There is no point to this person. He adds no value. He is a career minor-leaguer who saw some time on a good team last year, and that's it. I know it's a vet minimum contract, but, still, he is taking a roster spot from someone who might actually be skilled. This is frustrating. People hate on Meszaros, and ok, but this guy is the WORST. He makes Mike Weber look like Bobby Orr.

GMTM is pissing me off right now. Angry Eleven activated.

Me too buddy. It doesn't have to be this bad.

I don't even think GMTM is keeping a couple guys down for the tank. He may legitimately feel like letting them win down in Rochester is the better strategy.

It is the better strategy with the forwards, and, from what I'm learning, especially with the Grigo/Armia/Carrier line. Pysyk should be up here.

I'm accepting of that for everyone but pysyk. That guy needs to be in the nhl imo

I like a guy like Grigo getting some time in Rochester, if only for a half season or so. But, some of our guys have more than paid their dues in the AHL. In particular, Larsson and Pysyk and to a lesser extent Rudy probably should be on the big club.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.