GDT - Anaheim @ Buffalo 3pm

inkman

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres

Nolan: Sometimes if you have nothing good to say, it's better not to say too much.. #BUFvsANA

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres

Nolan: We'll sort this out, and figure out who wants to play. #BUFvsANA

If I'm Zadorov and I hear that my coach just said "we'll figure out who wants to play" I walk into his office and tell him to play me. I tell him that I want to play.

Reinhart is not skating at an NHL level yet. He isn't using his feet to insert himself into plays and battle for the puck. He's got good passing instincts and positioning, but that's all the good I can say about his game.

Tyler Ennis had a fantastic game. More of that please. Weber also put in another nice effort. Zemgus was alright, but it was a quiet game by his standards. Cody Hodgson finally seems to be waking up a little bit. His skating stood out to me today.

Gionta, Meszaros, and Benoit are not good. The C on Gionta's sweater is starting to look like a joke. Gorges looks like a solid 3-4 option for this squad.

I really hope we see Nikita on the ice tomorrow.

Reinhart is not skating at an NHL level yet. He isn't using his feet to insert himself into plays and battle for the puck. He's got good passing instincts and positioning, but that's all the good I can say about his game.

Tyler Ennis had a fantastic game. More of that please. Weber also put in another nice effort. Zemgus was alright, but it was a quiet game by his standards. Cody Hodgson finally seems to be waking up a little bit. His skating stood out to me today.

Gionta, Meszaros, and Benoit are not good. The C on Gionta's sweater is starting to look like a joke. Gorges looks like a solid 3-4 option for this squad.

I really hope we see Nikita on the ice tomorrow.

Spot on.

I think we collectively underestimated how much losing The Hoff would matter. He definitely mailed it in at the end of last year, but he was the only defenseman who could consistently generate offense. The Hoff was on the ice for 80 of the 150 goals the Sabres scored last year.

I firmly believe the hoff will be back next year. I always liked him, yes he went down with the rest of the team.

Let me remind you guys though, he wanted to be a sabre and play in buffalo.

Next year we got

Myers-gorges

erhoff-risto

Mcabe-pysyk

Zadorov, well even if erhoff don't come back, :P

Mez is making 4+ mil? :lol: :lol:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Timmeeh the tank general :D

pretty sure he said to terry, we are going after Mcdavid and i got a plan.

Lets sign, meszaros and Benoit, and send our kids down to rochester/juniors for another year.

Serious question: How many times can Nolan play the "we're not working" card? Obviously he can't say they are terrible, but when they're trying hard and simply being crushed by the opposition for lack of talent, I can't imagine the players want to be told every game they didn't try. If I'm him, especially when they play the league's best teams, my strategy would be to heap praise on them rather than say much about my own team.

While we're ranting, can we get some mean defensemen. I'm getting to the point where I'd be alright with Myers going. I'm enamored with his skating for a big man, but if the mean streak isn't there, I don't see him being what we need.

Who do we have that brings the nasty beside Weber (Nikita??). Anyone in the Roch pipeline?

Serious question: How many times can Nolan play the "we're not working" card? Obviously he can't say they are terrible, but when they're trying hard and simply being crushed by the opposition for lack of talent, I can't imagine the players want to be told every game they didn't try. If I'm him, especially when they play the league's best teams, my strategy would be to heap praise on them rather than say much about my own team.

Good question. Today, it looked like they weren't working. But a superior team (as most NHL teams will be) may make us look like we're not working. Hard to look like we're working when we're being toyed with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.