Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

The desert dogs can't lose 26 of their last 27, can they?

I remember a Montreal team that only lost (NHL) eight or eleven games all season in the 70's I believe. So as good as they were, Darcy's teams are proving they can be that bad. 

So, assuming a 6-point edge (after Thursday), what kind of minimum record would the Sabres need to clinch?

If the DD's pick up 1 tomorrow and 0 Thursday. The Sabres M# would be 10 and the Yotes would be 21. Sabres would have 8 games left so 5-3-0 would make the Yotes efforts irrelevant. That's w/ 30 points remaining available to the 2 and ignores the Eulers (because it's too close to bedtime to bother with checking if that scenatio puts them back in 2nd).

I remember a Montreal team that only lost (NHL) eight or eleven games all season in the 70's I believe. So as good as they were, Darcy's teams are proving they can be that bad.

60-8-12. 132 out of 160.

The way Arizona is playing I'm not sure they can lose a game the rest of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised if they won out and took the shart trophy home.

The gap is still 3 points. They're running out of games remaining to make up the gap. Have faith grasshopper. :flirt:

The way Arizona is playing I'm not sure they can lose a game the rest of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised if they won out and took the shart trophy home.

They've gained 1 point on us in the past 10 games. Both the Yotes and Sabres are equivalently elite CHL teams...the difference is one of those teams still has a 3 point lead.

The gap is still 3 points. They're running out of games remaining to make up the gap. Have faith grasshopper. :flirt:

Yup. Every game closer to the end of the season we get with this lead maintained, the more likely it is we take home the Shart.

I can't believe the Sabres still have 2 against the Yotes and 1 against Carolina and the Leafs.. The Yotes only 2 loafers are against us so I am thinking that we need to sweep them. And how great would it be to have this wrapped up before the final home game against Pitt. The whole arena would be ecstatic and cheering on with all their might to take the Pens down. I think the atmosphere would be amazing as the end of the tank would officially be over.....THAT'S how I want this season to end!

I can't believe the Sabres still have 2 against the Yotes and 1 against Carolina and the Leafs.. The Yotes only 2 loafers are against us so I am thinking that we need to sweep them. And how great would it be to have this wrapped up before the final home game against Pitt. The whole arena would be ecstatic and cheering on with all their might to take the Pens down. I think the atmosphere would be amazing as the end of the tank would officially be over.....THAT'S how I want this season to end!

Don't count out SJ as the West equivalent of the Leafs at this point. In another two weeks, if they continue to slide, when they play back-to-backs with Arizona they might be ready to just call it a season too. 

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/03/24/darcy-regier-planning-to-be-in-buffalo-for-sabres-game-against-coyotes/

I just don't like the sound of this. It's almost like he's coming back to make sure the job's done right, but ironically for another team.

Or, the stench Darcy will carry with him throughout FNC will just cause the Sabres to raise their game. Perhaps the Sabres should through together a little video tribute for him - just to get our players and the crowd nauseated enough to pull out the win.

Edited by kas23

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/03/24/darcy-regier-planning-to-be-in-buffalo-for-sabres-game-against-coyotes/

I just don't like the sound of this. It's almost like he's coming back to make sure the job's done right, but ironically for another team.

Or, the stench Darcy will carry with him throughout FNC will just cause the Sabres to raise their game. Perhaps the Sabres should through together a little video tribute for him - just to get our players and the crowd nauseated enough to pull out the win.

I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome.  :P

I would love that!  If they have 30th wrapped up, they should hand out McEichel 2015 t-shirts to all in attendance.    

I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome.  :P

True story.   I ran into Darcy in Phoenix a few weeks ago at my kids tournament.   we were watching the Coyotes practice at the Ice Den in Scottsdale before my son's game.    The smug look he had made me want to punch him the face.    I said "hey Darcy!  you tanking for McEichel?"  he just gave me this wry smile and a wink before turning and walking away.     

True story.   I ran into Darcy in Phoenix a few weeks ago at my kids tournament.   we were watching the Coyotes practice at the Ice Den in Scottsdale before my son's game.    The smug look he had made me want to punch him the face.    I said "hey Darcy!  you tanking for McEichel?"  he just gave me this wry smile and a wink before turning and walking away.     

Not sure if DR ever has a smug look on his face, I think that's just his face  :lol:

Good story though; if DR did that to me I'd probably laugh my ass off. Good on him

Looks like Buffalo is starting Hackett against game 1 with the Yotes.  Tank on..

Not doubting you, but how did you find this out?