Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Can the bolded really be done without league backlash? I feel like for a lot of people that would be going too far.

Can starting an ECHL goalie be done without backlash? Aside from pulling your goalie at the start of the game, nothing is going too far at this point. What, we're gonna get scolded by Bettman? Nobody is gonna remember any of it anyway. 

GO SABRES!!!

Can starting an ECHL goalie be done without backlash? Aside from pulling your goalie at the start of the game, nothing is going too far at this point. What, we're gonna get scolded by Bettman? Nobody is gonna remember any of it anyway. 

GO SABRES!!!

What other goalies do they have? I've streamed a lot of Zona recently and have seen loads of Mike Smith, and i know their backup is trash but what other goalies do they have that are better?

Edited by Randall Flagg

What other goalies do they have? I've streamed a lot of Zona recently and have seen loads of Mike Smith, and i know their backup is trash but what other goalies do they have that are better?

I honestly don't know what other goalies they have, but starting an ECHL goalie makes no sense to me. Unless they are doing it to ensure last place. 

GO SABRES!!!

Must be Arizona had a goal waived off? Saw 3-2, back to 3-1 now.

They had a kicked in goal waived off and then had TO stop the play to figure out a non-goal was an actual goal. Unfortunately they are still down (NHL style) by a goal w/ 8 minutes to go.

I honestly don't know what other goalies they have, but starting an ECHL goalie makes no sense to me. Unless they are doing it to ensure last place. 

GO SABRES!!!

I think they're starting that guy whenever they are resting Mike Smith, their starter, because I've seen a lot of Smith in the games I've streamed. Just looking now, and he's gotten 5 of the last six starts before tonight so it's not like they're riding the ECHL guy 

And it's not like Smith is any good anyway for that matter

I just think there's a huge difference in a backup goalie getting one start in six games versus resting your three best players who are currently healthy for the rest of the year, ya know?

And yotes down 4-2 now. If we beat the devils at home tomorrow, it's 1 point. Was 14 a month or so ago.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/19 (23 days left in the regular season)

Columbus - 3

Carolina - 11

Toronto - 12

Edmonton - 21

Arizona - 22

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia, New Jersey - Clinched

Nobody clinched tonight and nobody can tomorrow.

Current worst case: 6.5% (7th place) in the lottery

Also: Arizona officially controls their own destiny with Edmonton getting a point tonight. Them and Buffalo. Let's do this.

Arizona is 1-15-1 in their last 17...

The thing is, Lindback is pretty much strictly playing for the 1st save relying on his D/F's to crowd around the net and block that next shot and give him time to be in position for the 3rd or 4th attempt.

So swapping to Hackett doesn't necessarily get them any closer to the precious 2 points than Lindback does. If the Sabres' pp was as inept this week as it had been all season prior to this week, they wouldn't have given 3 points away. If several shots that rang off posts or just go wide end up true, they wouldn't have given 3 points away.

Yes, the Sabres hit a couple of posts, but they're hitting a couple of posts out of 25 attempts per game, not 70.

I'd expect Murray isn't saying "you must play Goaler X" because Teddy has these guys playing for OT and these other guys could very easily luck into the same astronomical save %age for a week or so.

Isn't this more reason to play Hackett? Given Lindback's size and how he's playing out at the top of the crease, wouldn't Hackett be more likely to miss the first shot, so his teammates couldn't then bail him out?

ARI will NHL win their next three games (all at HOME).   BUF will NHL lose their next three and the spread will be up to 9 when we met them next week.     

Everybody needs to just calm the ###### down.

So is it time to panic now?

So is it time to ###### panic now?

Arizona has this thing wrapped up. I'm not even concerned about the Oil but Zona, no way Nolan will have his guys lose once, let alone twice against that pathetic team.

I feel like Tim Robbins trudging through miles of shiit only to find an iron gate blocking me at the end. That iron gate will turn out to be your shart winners....the one and only Arizona Coyotes.

Arizona has this thing wrapped up. I'm not even concerned about the Oil but Zona, no way Nolan will have his guys lose once, let alone twice against that pathetic team.

I feel like Tim Robbins trudging through miles of shiit only to find an iron gate blocking me at the end. That iron gate will turn out to be your shart winners....the one and only Arizona Coyotes.

And their Asst. GM - the one and only Darcy Regier. Honestly, all you can do is shake your head and laugh. Did we expect anything different??

Who would have thought that the most talked about and anticipated two games in the last god knows how many years would be under these conditions? Good times!!

And their Asst. GM - the one and only Darcy Regier. Honestly, all you can do is shake your head and laugh. Did we expect anything different??

Who would have thought that the most talked about and anticipated two games in the last god knows how many years would be under these conditions? Good times!!

BEttman and Regier get exactly what they want. And I have a feeling that Nolan and his boys are going to do everything in their power to stick it to everyone who put them in this position. On a side note, they absolutely should.....

BEttman and Regier get exactly what they want. And I have a feeling that Nolan and his boys are going to do everything in their power to stick it to everyone who put them in this position. On a side note, they absolutely should.....

I 100% agree agree with that.

Buffalo Schedule:

New Jersey - Home

Nashville - Away

Dallas - Away

Arizona - Home

Colorado - Away

Arizona - Away

Toronto - Home

Chicago - Home

Islanders - Away

Carolina - Home

Columbus - Away

Pittsburgh - Home

6 Home. 6 Away. 8/12 games against bottom 10 teams.

Arizona Schedule:

Pittsburgh - Home

Vancouver - Home

Detroit - Away

Buffalo - Away

Pittsburgh - Away

Buffalo - Home

San Jose - Away

San Jose - Home

Calgary - Away

Vancouver - Away

Anaheim - Home

5 Home. 6 Away. 2/11 games against bottom 10 teams (both us).

Edmonton Schedule:

Philadelphia - Home

Winnipeg - Home

Colorado - Home

Dallas - Home

Colorado - Away

Anaheim - Away

LA - Away

Calgary - Home

LA - Home

San Jose - Home

Vancouver - Away

7 Home. 4 Away. 4 games against bottom 10 teams.

I think we finish 28th this season

Nolan will get a kick in for his good buddy La la. Paybacks a biatch.

Can't see us winning the shart.  Only thing to see now is if we can end up in second.  Atleast then we would still have a 1 in 3 shot at McEichel.....

I think second is close to locked.  Edmonton is improving and has some winnable games on the horizon.  The season comes down to our Arizona games, which are pick 'ems.  No sense in panicking until those games are played.

We weren't supposed to beat Boston, we weren't supposed to go into OT with the Caps, but that's why they play the game. Arizona will win some random games it has no business being in, and we still play them twice. We lost to the Oiler's twice, we know how to show up for CHL games, we'll take both from Zona.

Sorry for mixing in NHL and CHL lingo, got kinda confused myself there for a minute. 

With the sharks starting to implode and the canucks without Miller until the playoffs. I could see the yotes and oilers picking up a few points against those two teams.

I don't think that Ari will lose another game this season.  They have clearly bought into the tank from management all the way to the coach and possibly players and don't seem to care what they do to win it.  The key will be the two games with Ari but I don't see how the Sabres can beat them at this point.