Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Why Zadorov? They can't be sitting him due to his play in Montreal, can they?

He made some reckless plays early in that game. Right in front of his own bench to boot.

Or maybe Meszaros is a low return trade showcase. He'd probably be a good depth defenseman on a playoff team.

I wish WGR wouldn't talk in absolutes about getting Eichel yet.  They were talking this morning about how Hodgson might get bought out because one of his main attributes is PP scoring but with guys like Reinhart, Eichel etc. they won't need him.  We're only 4 points away from Edmonton (2 Carrion points) not 14.

This is how I feel, we are in the drivers seat, but we are not in the garage yet.

He made some reckless plays early in that game. Right in front of his own bench to boot.

Or maybe Meszaros is a low return trade showcase. He'd probably be a good depth defenseman on a playoff team.

I'm alright with those scenarios.  I was assuming that it was being implied that inserting Meszaros was trying to improve the chances of a CHL win, which I will say is much better with Meszaros, but I was hoping that wasn't the teams reason behind the move. I still have some fan dignity, and I need to deal with that during the Tank.

Current standings through games played 2/5.

Team         GP L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      52 34 15 3 71 131 60 57

Edmonton     52 29 14 9 67 127 60 61

Carolina     51 26 18 7 59 121 62 68

Arizona      52 26 19 7 59 119 60 69

Toronto      52 26 22 4 56 116 60 72

New Jersey   51 22 20 9 53 115 62 73

Philadelphia 52 22 22 8 52 112 60 74

Columbus     49 24 22 3 51 117 66 77

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

2 of the 3 CHL games went as well as they could have and the other wasn't a total bust.

Joisey and the BJ's the only 2 in action Friday night. Everybody but Filly in action Saturday including potential 1 pointer and 3.5 bagger between our only 2 remaining Canuck CHLers - the Eulers visit the Loafs.

Exactly. Regardless of how bad the team is, we all know that we'll get points somehow. We've now beaten Montreal 3X - sometimes that just happens. I expect a solid end to the week when we welcome in St. Louis, Dallas, and NYI. If we lose tonight, we're guaranteed to gain more ground on either Carolina/Arizona (they play each other - root for OT!)

I'm lurking here. I think we should beat NYI no? Helps potentially generate a bonus lotto ticket? Surely the tank can endure a win against them to benefit the tank huh?

I'm lurking here. I think we should beat NYI no? Helps potentially generate a bonus lotto ticket? Surely the tank can endure a win against them to benefit the tank huh?

They can get to 131 and only need 128 (technically only need 127 because they win anti-tie breakers over the Eulers) so we can all pull for a regulation 0 pointer on Sunday. :)

They can get to 131 and only need 128 (technically only need 127 because they win anti-tie breakers over the Eulers) so we can all pull for a regulation 0 pointer on Sunday. :)

Oh god. That's likely to happen too! :doh:  lol I'm not going Sunday, so I guess I can endorse this abuse.

I maybe in the minority here, but I would rather get a win and create more separation at the top of the CHL

I maybe in the minority here, but I would rather get a win and create more separation at the top of the CHL

Your not in the minority. It means way more for us to get a chl win in this game. The potential drop in the standings from one to two is way bigger than any outside shot of the isles falling to the last team to miss the playoffs.