Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I agree, last year the tank was about finishing last in order to guarantee a pick no worse than second with no clear cut McEichel as the prize. This was said ad nauseum from October right up until the lottery, yet still when the Sabres didn't get the first pick we immediately had all the told you so and woe is us posts.

Which was especially awesome considering it didn't matter to who we were going to pick.

Could you imagine if we had won the lottery, still drafted Reinhart while Florida took Ekblad with the second pick, the uproar about the fact Ekblad is producing in Sunrise while Reinhart is back in Kootenay. :wallbash:

Edited by BRAWNDO

So much pessimism here. If they finish DFL, they have the best chance of getting McDavid than any other team in the league. Or they finish 2nd from last and they could still win the lottery, or even 3rd or 4th last and still get McDavid. Also, Eichel or McDavid are not gonna turn this franchise around on their own... it's more about the supporting cast. For all we know Reinhart might have a better career than both of them. Bottom line is the Sabres are bad and they will be bad for a few more seasons no matter who they draft. What's important is they draft wisely and develop them the right way.

The collective "woe is me" attitude of "just because we're Buffalo" is an embarrassment to the city and those of us who grew up there.

Edited by pi2000

Are we experiencing Carrion League Ennui? The badness is so satiating it has created listlessness. The weight of the leagues own inertia has us second guessing where second guesses come to die.

Well today is your day! There is not one Carrion League game on the schedule. And you will miss that there are...

No CandyCanes to Intoxicate us.

No Jets to crash.

No Pathers to stupify.

No Cyotes to befuddle.

No Sabres with arthritis or acne to watch.

No Eulers to lament with.

No Isles to un-enervate our senses.

No Flames to immolate our sorrows upon.

No Carrion to feast upon. No meat of the damned on which to dine.

Carrion League action returns Tuesday Night with all three Canadian Carrion teams on the slate.

Sorry folks.

Just the Rangers and Blues in the NHL.

Edited by X. Benedict

This is how the odds shake out:

1 20.0% - 80% they don't meaning they probably won't.

2 13.5% - 86.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

3 11.5% - 88.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

4 9.5% - 90.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

5 8.5% - 91.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

6 7.5% - 92.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

7 6.5% - 93.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

8 6.0% - 94% they don't meaning they probably won't.

9 5.0% - 95% they don't meaning they probably won't.

10 3.5% - 96.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

11 3.0% - 97% they don't meaning they probably won't.

12 2.5% - 97.5% they don't meaning they probably won't.

13 2.0% - 98% they don't meaning they probably won't.

14 1.0% - 99% they don't meaning they probably won't.

Thus: nobody will be getting the first pick.

Are we experiencing Carrion League Ennui? The badness is so satiating it has created listlessness. The weight of the leagues own inertia has us second guessing where second guesses come to die.

Well today is your day! There is not one Carrion League game on the schedule. And you will miss that there are...

No Jets to crash.

No Pathers to stupify.

No Cyotes to befuddle.

Carrion League action returns Tuesday Night with all three Canadian Carrion teams on the slate.

Sorry folks.

True, a pretty quiet day NHL-wise. I'll still be rooting as hard as I can against the Blues - despite losing some of their key players (Backes, Oshie, etc...) they have been playing at a high-level. But as long as they hold our first-round pick, I want them to lose every game. Go Rangers!

No Jets to crash.

No Pathers to stupify.

No Cyotes to befuddle.

Sorry folks.

The only thing Pi$$ing me off as much as the Sabres not having a perfect record in the Carrion is the fact that the Blues continue to win in the NHL - I would have thought 3 injured centres would set them back a bit. From what little I've seen of them i can say Tarasenko is a real player.

The only thing Pi$$ing me off as much as the Sabres not having a perfect record in the Carrion is the fact that the Blues continue to win in the NHL - I would have thought 3 injured centres would set them back a bit. From what little I've seen of them i can say Tarasenko is a real player.

They have the luxury of being able to lean on their D corps, which is arguably the best in the league.

Essentially, the argument for not discussing McDavid as the prize/target is saying that no fans should talk about him because it's not likely that any individual team gets him.

Fact is: he's exciting. Finishing last means you have the best shot out of anybody in the NHL. Talk about him if you want.

Essentially, the argument for not discussing McDavid as the prize/target is saying that no fans should talk about him because it's not likely that any individual team gets him.

Fact is: he's exciting. Finishing last means you have the best shot out of anybody in the NHL. Talk about him if you want.

+1

The Shart winner is granted the most favorable of the long shots at the top prize. This is the way of the carrion. #becauseitstheshart.

Edited by Claude_Verret

The Shart winner is granted the most favorable of the long shots at the top prize. This is the way of the carrion. #becauseitstheshart.

And when that goes to the Sabres, add the Garth Goober odds onto the 20%, and you've got a recipe for good times a-brewin'.

The best part about this entire league is that at some point during this holiday season, a board member is going to have some left overs that are a few hours too old, trust the next fart just a little too much, and suffer the inevitable consequences.

They will then spend the rest of the day trying to explain to their families why they ran out of the room screaming "VICTORY!!!" and came back with different pants on.

The best part about this entire league is that at some point during this holiday season, a board member is going to have some left overs that are a few hours too old, trust the next fart just a little too much, and suffer the inevitable consequences.

They will then spend the rest of the day trying to explain to their families why they ran out of the room screaming "VICTORY!!!" and came back with different pants on.

Holy Shart, that's a good one.

Outstanding.

Taro, you never revealed your smarmy nickname for the Sabres. I sometimes call them the Sombreros with disdain. Butterknives also worked nicely during the first third jersey embarrassment.

Smarmy nickname? :huh:

If going w/ a nickname for them, it's typically simply the Saab-rays.