Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Bob McKenzie on NBCSN:

-Washington is interested in Curtis Glencross and he may expand the list of teams he would accept a deal to in order to facilitate a deal.

-Jagr wants to be moved and the Devils WILL fulfill his request.

-Vancouver will fill the Ryan Miller hole from within. Markstrom and Lack will be the guys going forward.

-Islanders want to extend Boychuk. There have been talks but it's early. Boychuk will get more than Leddy did at $5.5M.

-More intensity in the market now that a few trades have happened early. Bruins getting "antsy."

-Boston is talking to Buffalo again about Stewart.

-Rangers are interested in Tyler Bozak.

McKenzie believes that the Hawks will look hard at Vermette and Glencross with Kane out.

Sportsnet believes Washington is the leader for Glencross' services.

Chicago was previously linked to Jeff Petry, but you have to think they'll focus their assets on forwards now instead. Who does Edmonton have left on Petry? Pittsburgh had reported interest. Tampa Bay, too. They may not get a whole lot for him now.

Edited by Tank

Wow, that McKenzie is a real genius!

Comments like this are ridiculous. He's reporting what he's hearing. Do these guys make up/embellish some of what they hear? Probably. But his track record is tremendous. He likely said that because he's hearing that Boston is asking for Buffalo to do just that or something along those lines...

Looking over teams and looking at situations that make sense I keep falling on Colorado and Carolina. I deal where the Staal brothers go to Colorado in exchange for a package including some #1s and Ryan O'Reilly just makes a lot of sense to me. The Canes can either decide to O'Reilly of deal him off as a rental. If a deal like this happens, I can see the flood gates opening on the 2015 trade market.  

Is there any deal possible involving Stewart where the Sabres get a first back?

I think it is as simple as Stewart and our second. I would rather do that than give up a prospect. Boston makes the playoffs and they give up at worse 16-18 draft slots for Stewart. They go deep and it becomes 6-8 slots. Put a stip in the deal that it is protected by adding Boston's third if the difference is less then 8.

Edited by sicknfla

Stewart + NYI 2nd + Cornel for Subban and 1st. While Compher is having a sophomore slump at Michigan, he plays the type of game that this team needs more of.

I agree Subban should be our target but Boston has said that he will not be traded. I was thinking the trade wild be something like Stewart + for a 1st or Stewart + for Spooner(the rumored offer) plus 2nd.

If we get their 1st I hope we trade Neuvirth to the Flyers. Their goaltending is awful and they could push the Bruins out of the playoffs.

Edited by Sherman

Comments like this are ridiculous. He's reporting what he's hearing. Do these guys make up/embellish some of what they hear? Probably. But his track record is tremendous. He likely said that because he's hearing that Boston is asking for Buffalo to do just that or something along those lines...

No, comments like Mackensie's are ridiculous.  Of course the Sabres will get more if they give more.  It's a no-brainer.  No one needs to be told that.  And, since you've decided to get your panties in a twist about it, there is no context indicating that "he's reporting what he's hearing."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.