Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

With E. Kane it seems like it is all a bunch of hearsay and piling on.  So what if he does pushups with cash and wears track suits.  Other pro sports are full of guys like that.  Is it so outrageous just because he plays a sport where historically the players are more conservative?

To me the only question that matters is can he help a team win a Cup.  If the latter, then the other stuff is noise.

For the right price he is worth the risk. Murray won't give up the farm for him. He isn't the only jerkoff in professional sports. Back in the day I used to work security (aka bouncer) at Jim Kelly's Network Club. Used to often work his VIP room. Half our early 90's "heroes" were complete aholes when they were in that place - which was very often BTW.

This.  It all comes down to the price. 

I do think though that there are going to be plenty of teams who are interested in taking a low-cost flyer on him -- which is going to drive up the price.

That's comparing on-ice.  One plays with a loaded team.  The other has never played with good teammates.

Back to their attitudes, though, really, are they that different?  One punches a cabbie, the other does pushups with stacks of cash on his back.  They're both ######.

Exactly. I'm far more concerned that his teammates apparently hate him.

Exactly.  Behaving in a manner that makes your teammates hate you is qualitatively different from behaving like a drunken DB in public.  I've never heard that Patty's teammates don't like him.

Exactly. I'm far more concerned that his teammates apparently hate him.

That is the real issue here. The pictures don't mean a thing. I do t know if any of the reasons for the rift with teammates have come out, but you better believe that other players and GMs are aware of some of it. Whatever the reasons are, they're are definitely red flags here.

As for the comparisons of the Kanes, I don't recall ever hearing stories that the entire Chicago roster had turned on Pat. That's the big difference.

That is the real issue here. The pictures don't mean a thing. I do t know if any of the reasons for the rift with teammates have come out, but you better believe that other players and GMs are aware of some of it. Whatever the reasons are, they're are definitely red flags here.

As for the comparisons of the Kanes, I don't recall ever hearing stories that the entire Chicago roster had turned on Pat. That's the big difference.

Yes.  I don't care about the off-ice antics until it affects the dressing room, and I don't think the Jets' problems with Kane have to do with his photos, but I could be wrong there.

If I was 23 and a multimillionaire I would probably do both. 

If I had millions when I was 23 I would have drove around this town dressed as the Million Dollar Man in the original Batmobile with Traci Lords in the seat next to me dressed as Virgil making people do f'd up sh!t for $100 bills. 

Isn't Kane from Vancouver ? If Kane the hockey player can live up to the legend of Kane I'd take him on my team too. If GMTM can buy low and get him without selling the farm I'm on board. He's clearly damaged goods at this point so I'm not sure the jets make a move. 

Seguin was damaged goods in Boston. When young players are made available there is always underlying circumstances. That's why they are available. I look at Kane with all that talent and I would like him on this roster, all the other crap can be fixed. 

Yes.

Committing a violent crime is less offensive than showing off? That's a weird take. 

Edited by DeLuca1967

Committing a violent crime is less offensive than showing off? That's a weird take.

Oh, brother. First, it was a joke. Second, the cabbie knew he f'd up by locking him in the car so he got what he got, and thus no charges either way. Edited by SwampD

Seguin was damaged goods in Boston. When young players are made available there is always underlying circumstances. That's why they are available. I look at Kane with all that talent and I would like him on this roster, all the other crap can be fixed. 

This.  He has similar numbers to Ennis, but is a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier.  Place him on a playmakers winger these numbers improve.  Plus he can be said playmakers bodyguard

Wait, did someone just try to legitimately defend Patrick Kane's shenanigans?

I don't see anything that E Kane has done as any worse than P Kane or Tyler Seguin. I also think they're symptoms of E Kane being an immature punk, that could likely be worked out, especially by a coach like no- Ted Nolan.

As everyone has said, we should try to establish a "right price." And then we should seriously consider paying it.

Wait, did someone just try to legitimately defend Patrick Kane's shenanigans?

I don't see anything that E Kane has done as any worse than P Kane or Tyler Seguin. I also think they're symptoms of E Kane being an immature punk, that could likely be worked out, especially by a coach like no-###### Ted Nolan.

As everyone has said, we should try to establish a "right price." And then we should seriously consider paying it.

One variable to the equation is Nolan may not be the HC next year.  There is speculation out of Arizona that the new ownership group does not want to pay Dave Tippett 2 Million per year to be the HC during their rebuild.  If he and Babcock are available, I imagine one ends up in Buffalo 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.