Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I'll say it again, since it seems to be getting lost. Look at established market value. The best comparison to Hall who was recently traded is Kessel. Both are/were elite scoring wingers who are top 10 scorers in the NHL Kessel went for two firsts and a second. We will have to move one of our key chips: Reinhart, Myers, Zads, Girgs, Risto or this year's top pick. We should not have to move two or three of them. If we offer all three first rounders this year, they will have to pay attention, assuming they are fully embracing the tank. This is exactly the type of move Murray said he wanted to make, Also, Hall is a hard worker on the ice, fast and a little on the reckless side. And I would bet good money that playing with him with Hodgson gives us a legitimate second line,

We already have a reasonably solid second line, we don't need another. :)

Fair point. But we have center depth we never had then. For those who don't know there will be a trade freeze from December 19th to the 27th. Last year there was a lot of talk leading up to it that something would happen and nothing did. This year there appears to be less talk. Doubt we see anything. Hoping we do.

Luke Adam!

Should the Sabres acquire Hall Nolan will certainly help him with attitude issues. Nolan is a motivator who pushes for a strong work ethic, team-work, and results. The Sabres already have leadership to help Hall fit in seemlessly. A concern though would be who should play on the same line as Hall. I am not a fan of breaking up the Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis line. They are a great 2nd caliber line (best line the Sabres have). I think a Foligno-Hall-Gionta(Stafford) is a good line for the season.

Who to trade? Ristolainen-Zadorov should be immovable. They are fantastic on the ice together. I don't think any of the 1st rd picks should move either. The draft is deep enough for all the players the Sabres might get to be NHL caliber players. Some combination (3) of Stewart, Myers, Enroth/Neuvirth and Grigorenko, Pysyk, Ruhwedel, McCabe. Only 2 D-men should be traded at most. This sort of trade would help Edmonton and the Sabres. We wouldn't deplete our team much either.

Not commenting on the trading thoughts and this was a really well written first post. To counter your argument on Nolan being the fixer of all bad things I present Cody Hodgson. He seems to be a bit more interested in things these days but also seems to be passively holding out against the system and commitment. I would say Nolan can get a lot out of anyone who is willing to be engaged like that. There will continue to be those who aren't interested and will think of themselves first.

This team has come to far to unload a combination of 5 players/picks for one guy. This isn't the time for this kind if deal. Let the season play out as planned. Unload the UFA's and go into the draft with all options on the table.

Good point. I agree.

I save the R word for very particular occasions and this Risto for Hall garbage is one of those occasions. We're sitting on what might turn into the best defense we've seen in years for this team and you want to trade away a crucial part of it?

Retarded. You've all gone full retard.

I agree. Stay the course.

There are a few guys that are untradeable for me.

Risto, Zadorov, Gorges, Myers or Pysyk.

only one of enroth or neuvirth should go, i prefer to keep enroth.

Ennis, Moulson, Zemgus,

Grigorenko to, besides me being a fanboy, he still is the only thing we got at center with top 6 potential that is developped physically.

And like said, we don't need to make any moves at the deadline, unload our UFA and see what we get out of our kids.

Lets say we get that #3 spot and pick hanifin, then you trade myers for hall. :P

Edited by Heimdall

I wouldn't have a problem trading Pysyk, but I wouldn't trade Grigorenko just yet. He is one of only two or 3 players/prospects that have top 3 natural ability. I'd wait some more to see if he can put that natural talent to full use. I'd consider trading Myers and Ennis if someone is willing to overpay. They might be worth more in a trade than on the roster long term.

I'm hoping Murray can get the Sabres back in the race to the top pick. Stewart, Stafford, and Enroth should go. I'd resign Neuvirth. Zemgus, Moulson, Gionta, and Gorges are virtually untradeable due to their circumstances and leadership, Risto, Zadorov, Grigorenko, Reinhart and Armia because of their potential. Everyone else is available especially if someone wants to get silly with 1st round picks this year.

Good point. I agree.

I agree. Stay the course.

I would hate to see another young extremely talented player moved like Hall without the Sabres taking a serious run at him. In the past the excuse was always that the Sabres didn't have the assets to get a deal done. The Sabres now have the assets. There surely is a deal to be made that doesn't bankrupt the future and the Sabres would be getting a 23 year old that could grow with this franchise. If there is one lingering concern it's that Hall is a more talented Hodgson. Are the Oilers trying got maximize an asset or is getting Hall off the roster the primary goal.

Sure, just wait til the off season to get Hall, the Oilers will wait til whenever the Sabres are ready to deal and young talented 1st overall picks are available all the time in trades. You don't want to risk losing. A possible shot of having the #1/2 spit in the draft because you picked up a great young player already with NHL experience

Hypothetical situation. In the Sabres end up drafting 3rd this year select Hanifin and they are interested in Hall. How many on the board would give up Ristolanen in a deal to acquire him? I don't know if I would consider it, but the other pieces besides Risto would have to be minimal.

Hypothetical situation. In the Sabres end up drafting 3rd this year select Hanifin and they are interested in Hall. How many on the board would give up Ristolanen in a deal to acquire him? I don't know if I would consider it, but the other pieces besides Risto would have to be minimal.

No thx, I will be holding onto Zadorov and Risto regardless.

IF we're moving any of Risto, Zadorov or Reinhart they are the center piece for me. You're not getting much more than that. I do think it would take much more than that, though.

I think we could get a package centered around Myers done as long as we're willing to include a couple other solid pieces (Grigorenko, Pysyk, two firsts).

IF we're moving any of Risto, Zadorov or Reinhart they are the center piece for me. You're not getting much more than that. I do think it would take much more than that, though.

I think we could get a package centered around Myers done as long as we're willing to include a couple other solid pieces (Grigorenko, Pysyk, two firsts).

If that gets it done. Go for it

Myers, Pysyk, Enroth, Grigo, and a #1 might get it done. They add Nurse to the equation and suddenly their D isn't so bad.

Now the question is do we do that deal? I say yes.

Moves like that you only make after the season when you know where in the draft you are at.

You don't trade Myers if you don't get hannifin,

You don't trade Grigorenko if you don't get Eichel/Mcdavid.

Grigorenko is our most rdy natural center for top 6 we got, i doubt reinhart will be physically ready next season.

Moves like that you only make after the season when you know where in the draft you are at.

You don't trade Myers if you don't get hannifin,

You don't trade Grigorenko if you don't get Eichel/Mcdavid.

Grigorenko is our most rdy natural center for top 6 we got, i doubt reinhart will be physically ready next season.

Totally agree a draft day tpye deal. I don't agree about Grigo. He has shown me nothing to think he will be a quality top 6 forward. Yes he is only 20 but I just don't see it. Like someone mentioned last night - he never has the puck. Kind of just skates around in la la land.

Totally agree a draft day tpye deal. I don't agree about Grigo. He has shown me nothing to think he will be a quality top 6 forward. Yes he is only 20 but I just don't see it. Like someone mentioned last night - he never has the puck. Kind of just skates around in la la land.

The puck is on his stick a bunch more in Rochester but he and Armia just skate circles around the D. It may never translate to the NHL but it may take time.

The puck is on his stick a bunch more in Rochester but he and Armia just skate circles around the D. It may never translate to the NHL but it may take time.

He seems very timid. Hopefully when that wears off he will play the way I think he is capable of playing. Time will tell but if we draft another center in the top 6 I see him being someone Murray packages in a Myers type trade.

He seems very timid. Hopefully when that wears off he will play the way I think he is capable of playing. Time will tell but if we draft another center in the top 6 I see him being someone Murray packages in a Myers type trade.

I'm not overly optimistic about GRIGS but until I have 2-3 more centers in the org, I hold onto him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.