Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Summing up that ESPN article on Murray by Custance:

- Stewart is about to go. Murray essentially said he needs to be on a good team to have success and Custance says that Murray said a change of scenery will be best for him.

- Goalies available once he gets an idea what they want in a contract.

- He's ready to make moves. He has let everybody know who is available and what he wants. Waiting for counter offers.

- He wants a left-handed shot defenseman back if he's going to deal Myers. That and top prospects.

I didn't quote it but gave a run done just about this. Won't copy and paste, because ESPN has actually contacted people and threatened to sue them for quoting full insider articles on the internet. My brother has it. I would never pay for that crap.

Thanks for the summary, much appreciated. Only thing really illuminating there is that he wants a left-handed d-man back. It's good to know GMTM is trying to make moves now though, I hope a trade comes real soon, need to get this tank back on track.

Please don't make requests like this.

Why? Because of what Tank said?Sorry but I need more info if you're gonna tell me not to do something nfreeman

Edited by WildCard

No one would get sued, but you can't post articles like that from other websites, especially if its paid content. I imagine either ESPN would contact an SS administrator, or more likely, they would report it to IP board. And then we would get replaced by prospects with a better future!

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

It sounds like they have great headlines and then articles filled with common sense. Basically they're just good at advertising. The best info I ever get is from here anyways, and most of that seems to come from twitter or opinions formed better than Lebrun and cast

So you are saying trade Myers and basically our 1st round pick for the #1 or #2 overall pick and a prospect?

Kind of. I'd have to explain it a little better.

I'm saying that we'd be giving up on drafting in the range of Zacha/Barzal and strongly increasing the likeliness of drafting in the 1/2 range. We're not technically receiving that in the trade, nor are we giving the other team our pick, but it's a trade-off that comes with the deal.

Fair enough. Didn't know espn had that policy.

Curious though, who would get sued in that case, if Tank posted the exact quote? SS I assume?

If the content wasn't removed, Scott (the owner) would likely get a takedown notice and have to deal with a bunch of red tape that no one wants him to have to deal with.

Kind of. I'd have to explain it a little better.

I'm saying that we'd be giving up on drafting in the range of Zacha/Barzal and strongly increasing the likeliness of drafting in the 1/2 range. We're not technically receiving that in the trade, nor are we giving the other team our pick, but it's a trade-off that comes with the deal.

So you are thinking of making this trade prior to the trade deadline when we technically wouldn't know where Edmonton or another similar team is drafting?

So you are thinking of making this trade prior to the trade deadline when we technically wouldn't know where Edmonton or another similar team is drafting?

Yes. You're thinking far deeper into it than what I said. I'm thinking of increasing the chances of drafting 1/2 vs 4-7 based on these deals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.