Puck Daddy's Summer of Disappointment Sabres Edition

darksabre

Outstanding little summary of the worst moments in Sabres history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-s-most-disappointing-summer-series--buffalo-sabres-042842338.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Most Disappointing Team: 2006-2007 Buffalo Sabres

Most Disappointing Sabre: Tim Connolly

Most Disappointing Moment in Sabres History: Darius Kasparaitis' overtime winner in Game 7 versus Pittsburgh in 2001

Most Disappointing Sabres Transaction: Chris Drury and Daniel Briere becoming unrestricted free agents

Most Disappointing Sabres Coach/Executive: Scotty Bowman

Most Disappointing Sabres Fashion Choice: Sabres' 2013-Present third jersey

Fashion choice has to be the Slug. The current third jersey only makes limited appearances.

Moment would be the immaculate bounce in the same series Game Six when the puck ended up at Lemieux's Stick.

Other than that they are spot on

Edited by BRAWNDO

Fashion choice has to be the Slug. The current third jersey only makes limited appearances.

Moment would be the immaculate bounce in the same series Game Six when the puck ended up at Lemieux's Stick.

Other than that they are spot on

Agree w/ your 2 changes. Would go w/ Buddy Cloutier as being a faaar bigger disappointment than Timmy.

Too many disappointing teams from the late-70's to pick 1 particular one out. Might put the '86 team that finished out of the playoffs for the 1st time in ~14 years as a bigger disappointment than the PT winning '07 team.

Puck Daddy shows up with the insight, but as stated the moment and the fashion aren't strong.

No Goal. Simply crushing to be cheated like that.

The leaking of the The Slug. We didn't want to believe it was real. And then Larry Quinn's press conference came. And he said they we would like it better with the word mark. Which wasn't on the jersey.

Puck Daddy (Greg Wyshever) didn't write it.

Most Disappointing Sabre: Tyler Myers would have been a strong pick. Everyone had him pegged as a Norris candidate by now.

Most Disappointing Moment: Brad Park's very tough to beat. Sabres also led 2-0 in that one.

That Park goal is my Most Disappointing Moment as well. Seems like older members look at things a bit differently, as least so far.

Most Disappointing Sabre: For me it is Hasek, because he quite on the team. One of the greatest Sabres ever will be forever tarnished, for me, because of that.

I'm going to offer a darkhorse candidate for most disappointing player. Thanks to the way he arrived in town, Slava Kozlov deserves consideration.

Doesn't disappointment imply high expectations? Kozlov scored some big goals for Detroit in the playoffs — Leino cough cough — but I think most people saw him for what he was — a lesser player who was acceptable to Dom, someone Dom didn't need in Detroit to win a Cup.

Doesn't disappointment imply high expectations? Kozlov scored some big goals for Detroit in the playoffs — Leino cough cough — but I think most people saw him for what he was — a lesser player who was acceptable to Dom, someone Dom didn't need in Detroit to win a Cup.

I'll look at it from a different angle. Is there anything more disappointing when hearing that the Sabres just traded Hasek, only to find out that the return was only Kozlov and some picks? Then again, maybe this line of thinking belongs more in the most disappointing moment category.

Ugh, it sure is tough to read that stuff, remembering the memories I shared with my Father.

It's really starting to sink in that I will never be able to watch another Buffalo Sabres hockey game with him for the rest of my life...our favorite thing to do, all the time, we did not miss a single game.

And before he died, he said to me..."It's hard knowing I'll never see the Sabres play again."

It's certainly going to be a bittersweet moment the day they finally raise that hardware...but I hope it happens.

Sidenote: Nothing will ever sting as much as Brett Hull's skate, and nothing is as ugly as the Slug logo. Lol.

Oh, I see. They have to be appointed first, in order to be disappointed with them.

Here's what I found out:

Disappoint: (verb) to fall short of fulfilling the hopes or expectations of;

to hinder the fulfillment of, as of hopes or expectations.

Disappointing is the present participle of the verb. The present participle refers to things that are still happening, such as Pegula is disappointing me as an owner.

In the case of 'Most disappointing,' it is an adjective, meaning "failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations."

Historically, it derives from the act of removing someone from an appointment or office...

Team most failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations (most disappointing) :

EQUALS

Team least fulfilling someone's hopes or expectation.

HOPES or EXPECTATIONS?

Oxford:

Hope - A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

Expectation - A strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future

My Oxford conclusion: hope is the feeling of a strong belief. A feeling of a strong belief is rationally weaker than a strong belief.

Living Webster:

Hope - the belief that one's desires may be attained

Expectation - the act or state of awaiting or looking forward to; the act or state of regarding something as likely to occur.

My Living Webster conclusion: hopes can be silly and baseless, whereas expectations should be grounded in certainty or probability

It seems to me, that hopes are more closely tied to personal feelings, and expectations are more closely tied to the general consensus.

These questions of most disappointing can be further categorized I think, as:

Sabres team least fulfilling my personal hopes:

OR

Sabres team least fulfilling the general expectations:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.