(OT) Robin Williams died today

Weave

I'm having trouble with this one. I'm slowly getting to the age where the celebrity deaths aren't just names my parents know... They're names I know.

This one in particular was always a favorite. From Batty, to Patch Adams... An awful end.

I dug into my inner child to watch Batty's rap from Ferngully (my all-time favorite cartoon still as a 22-year-old. For those unfamiliar it's basically a comedic version of Avatar without the explosions and gunfire)... These lyrics from the comedic rap couldn't be more appropriate if the apparent suicide is what happened:

They used and abused me

Battered and bruised me

Red wires green wires stuck em' right through me!

So hear my Batty word, And exercise a little prudence

When dealing with humans

I knew I really liked the man's work, but I'm not certain I understood how much he meant to me until now. I'm honestly heartbroken by this news.

Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, The Birdcage, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, Insomnia...

These are all movies I watched more than twice. We are losing great actors at a troubling pace this year.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Jesus. So unexpected... I knew he'd struggled with addiction but thought he'd come all the way back and was well. So sad.

Worse. He struggled with mental illness.

Watched An Evening with Robin Williams tonight. Bittersweet.

His forgotten Classic, the Fisher King, watch it guys……Was one of a kind and was in so many movies that people fell in love with the movie and him.

Jeff Bridges was on Stern this morning and while listening on ny commute I told myself I'd watch one of his movies tonight. With the Robin Williams news it had to be The Fisher King, I just finished it on Netflix. Brilliant.

I knew I really liked the man's work, but I'm not certain I understood how much he meant to me until now. I'm honestly heartbroken by this news.

Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, The Birdcage, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, Insomnia...

These are all movies I watched more than twice. We are losing great actors at a troubling pace this year.

Peter Pan, and I will never forget Mork and Mindy with Jonathan Winters as their child. Sad day indeed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.