Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

Yea because when Conacher skated on TB top line he was terrible...

Will it be the Tampa Conacher skating on their top line or the Conacher who was let go from two bad teams in the last year? We shall see.

I am still sticking with my "the Islanders will be better than you think" thesis.

They very well may be, but it's still the Islanders we are talking about. They've been trying to improve for a long time now without much success...let's hope the trend continues.

I agree that I think the Isles will be much better than what I'm hoping but you're not going to start defending Conacher I hope. He's been an absolute disaster since leaving TB, we literally saw that when he was here.

Edit - Now I see you are rooting for the Isles to make a point? Dude you are probably right in what the Isles will do this year but you should be happy with being wrong on this one. Its our pick.

Edited by Derrico

I agree that I think the Isles will be much better than what I'm hoping but you're not going to start defending Conacher I hope. He's been an absolute disaster since leaving TB, we literally saw that when he was here.

Edit - Now I see you are rooting for the Isles to make a point? Dude you are probably right in what the Isles will do this year but you should be happy with being wrong on this one. Its our pick.

I am not cheering for the ###### canes.

You can cheer for whoever you want but I know you are a big juniors guy like me and realize how big this draft is. Not only would the loss help one of our 3 firsts but it will also help with the tank as Carolina is a big team in the running for bottoming out. If you hate the Canes then don't fret over a couple of wins to start the year, there will be many losses coming their way this season.

Edit - Just read your newest post and I am having some trouble understanding. I can completely respect you or anyone else not wanting to see Buffalo lose. But not wanting the Isles to lose is just baffling.

Edited by Derrico

I get this vague impression that ppl are assuming I don't understand the purpose of cheering for Carolina, or hoping the Sabres lose, or cheering for the Islanders to lose.

Meh. It was just an observation that you are being inconsistent is all.

You can cheer for whoever you want but I know you are a big juniors guy like me and realize how big this draft is. Not only would the loss help one of our 3 firsts but it will also help with the tank as Carolina is a big team in the running for bottoming out. If you hate the Canes then don't fret over a couple of wins to start the year, there will be many losses coming their way this season.

Edit - Just read your newest post and I am having some trouble understanding. I can completely respect you or anyone else not wanting to see Buffalo lose. But not wanting the Isles to lose is just baffling.

I dont care if the Isles lose. I am just not cheering for the Hurricanes. I am not going to a Sabres message board to post "go canes go" ###### either. I refuse. Since others want to do that dumb thing, I will actively cheer against that type of thing, meaning I hope the Isles win tonight to spite the ppl posting that crap.

I'm complicated.

Out of Calgary, Edmonton, Arizona, Ottawa and Carolina, I'm concerned about the Hurricanes finishing last more than any other team. As mentioned above, Carolina has little to offer. Thankfully they aren't in the North East division. That'd put the nail in the coffin. That is an advantage the Sabres have. If Buffalo is out played, I'll admit I didn't see the game, like they were against Columbus for a majority of the season, McDavid and/or Eichel will most likely be a Sabre. I do agree w/ what posters have said though. The Sabres lines will improve and chemistry will develop. It's just a matter of to what extent. Even w/ better chemistry, I don't see how they can improve that much in the shot for/against department. Strong chance the Sabres will finish near the bottom in shots against. Last year they were 28th in that area, and they finished dead last in shots for. Argument can be made this is a better lineup and decent changes have been made, but not enough to see significant improvement in those numbers. Goal scoring is still going to be a problem, and w/ the amount of shots Enroth/Neuvirth will encounter, I don't see the goal differential improving that much. Miller was w/ Buffalo most of the season and managed a respectable save perectenage. Enroth/Neuvirth won't match his numbers. Hope to see glimpses of excellence on the horizon from the younger players as the season progresses. Girgensons is well....dude is a stud. As for the others, ones not on the Sabres roster, hopefully when called up they'll give an idea of how high their potential level may be. And just to add, I'm a pro-tanker. Do want the Sabres to play hard night in and night out, and to give the fans something to be excited about, but I want McDavid and/or Eichel in Buffalo.

Edited by thanes16

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.