SIGNING: Sabres Sign Matt Moulson

spndnchz

Glad everyone is so in love with him. I disagree. This is probably the first TM dud. Time will tell. He's certainly entitled to miss on a couple when he's taking big swings.

I'm not in love with him, but he's a good player and we needed to get to the cap floor. Would you rather get there with this, or Orpik's deal? (And yes, I plan on making Orpik jokes for quite some time).

I guess I just don't understand how you see him as a dud. I understand the contract question but the player himself you see as a dud?

Let me see if I can explain thisso we can all move on. To me this is a Darcy contract. He's a decent player, but the contract is too long and the player is unlikely to be able to perform to the contract when we will need him to the most. He's also a Darcy kind of player in my opinion. I want TM players. I want ass kickers and power forwards who are bigger stronger tougher and meaner than the other team. I don't give a ###### what numbers moulson can put up in the first three years because I don't care what our results are. I care about year four and five when moulson will likely be a contractual and performance liability. As chz said we can buy him out then I guess. I was just hoping that the days of buying out bad contracts were behind us.

Let me see if I can explain thisso we can all move on. To me this is a Darcy contract. He's a decent player, but the contract is too long and the player is unlikely to be able to perform to the contract when we will need him to the most. He's also a Darcy kind of player in my opinion. I want TM players. I want ass kickers and power forwards who are bigger stronger tougher and meaner than the other team. I don't give a ###### what numbers moulson can put up in the first three years because I don't care what our results are. I care about year four and five when moulson will likely be a contractual and performance liability. As coz said we can buy him out then I guess. I was just hoping that the days of buying out bad contracts were behind us.

Guys that can score, playing with very young, highly talented guys who need the experience (Reinhart, Girgensens, Grigs, McDavid?), can often make the young talented guys ascension a lot quicker and better.

Let me see if I can explain thisso we can all move on. To me this is a Darcy contract. He's a decent player, but the contract is too long and the player is unlikely to be able to perform to the contract when we will need him to the most. He's also a Darcy kind of player in my opinion. I want TM players. I want ass kickers and power forwards who are bigger stronger tougher and meaner than the other team. I don't give a ###### what numbers moulson can put up in the first three years because I don't care what our results are. I care about year four and five when moulson will likely be a contractual and performance liability. As coz said we can buy him out then I guess. I was just hoping that the days of buying out bad contracts were behind us.

I don't think these are unreasonable concerns, but if he doesn't fit in 4 years, I have full confidence GMTM can get creative.

So if they aren't a power forward they aren't a Murray player? I assume you disliked the Reinhart pick.

I'm going to assume moulson is a TM player since TM saw him first hand last year and just signed him

Okay, that seems fair enough. I disagree but I understand the point.

We can also take heart that GMTM gives absolutely zero ###### about what we think of the signing.

Every time I see "GMTM," my mind says GAMETIME!

My mind has yelled "GAMETIME!" a lot today.

Not every player is going to be a knuckle-dragging beast who eats pucks, breaks bones, and spits goals.

If Moulson were NOT the type of player Murray respects and appreciates, WOULD MURRAY HAVE GIVEN HIM 5x5? Why does this question need to be asked, it's so obvious.

Matty Mo has skill, is capable and obviously willing to to teach, makes the organization look good (in several ways), he does go into the dirty areas (I can't believe anyone who watched his game would question that), and most importantly, WANTS to be here.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Like I said in another thread, I really like Matt Moulson - Traded to a crappy team, if ever there was one, no nosense, all business, no complaining. Just went out there and was our best player easily, and added offense.

Now, I realise Moulson isn't going to set the scoreboard alight like cracy, but I'll say this - Any decent contender in recent years, has a Matt Moulson on the roster somewhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.