Trade Ideas: Summer 2014

Eleven

What about

Myers, Stafford/Stewart, and Armia for Mantha, 2015 1st, a D-Man (Kindl?), and Sheahan

I'd trim that down. Trading Armia doesn't make sense at the moment. I'm not a big fan of trading Myers, especially in-division, but no one's untradable and Mantha's special. Mantha's 6'5", 205lbs as a 19 year old (according to wiki, the height changes) and is playing like a top-five draft pick. This year he was the Q's top scorer, league MVP, and CHL player of the year.

I'd rather see Myers and Stewart for Mantha and their 1st. If GMTM can hold out for more, fine, but this is good value for both teams.

It would cost twice that to get him, and I don't think we're at the stage of going after a guy like that yet. Maybe next offseason is a possibility. Especially with the first rounders we'll have.

We can afford him and what it would cost to get him.

A young power forward. Why wouldn't we want him other than for tanking?

I would love to get Mantha but from reading Detroit boards they will riot if they give him up for Myers…which I'm perfectly okay with :) i definitely think murray should hold out for him, exactly the kind of player we need (finishing winger). were in no rush to move myers where detroit has young forward talent to the max and needs a good current NHL defenseman to stay in contention for the cup now.

Just curious though, I'm as big of a Zadorov fan as any here on this board, and i know there are a ton, but i remember myself and other wanting Mantha in the draft last year… couldn't believe he fell to detroit. so-- Would you trade zadorov straight up for mantha at this point (hypothetically speaking that detroit would accept)? i think both have improved their stock a lot, even being mid-first rounders in the 1st place

Nikita is an untouchable to me. I believe he will be the best we ever had on D.

Edited by beerme1

Nikita is an untouchable to me. I believe he will be the best we ever had on D.

This is interesting to me, because I don't think you are alone.

Rasmus was drafted ahead of him has achieved more than him, is further ahead in his development, and is ranked higher by most scouting services.

Yet I read fans posting how Risto should start the season in the minors and Nikita should be with the big club.

I love the kid, but I am scared we are close to creating the concept of Nikita Zadorov.

This is interesting to me, because I don't think you are alone.

Rasmus was drafted ahead of him has achieved more than him, is further ahead in his development, and is ranked higher by most scouting services.

Yet I read fans posting how Risto should start the season in the minors and Nikita should be with the big club.

I love the kid, but I am scared we are close to creating the concept of Nikita Zadorov.

We already have. I'm sure it predates it, but let's call it the NcNabb Effect (NME). Young kid on D throws a few checks and suddenly he's the next Scott Stevens (but cleaner).

I would love to get Mantha but from reading Detroit boards they will riot if they give him up for Myers…which I'm perfectly okay with :) i definitely think murray should hold out for him, exactly the kind of player we need (finishing winger). were in no rush to move myers where detroit has young forward talent to the max and needs a good current NHL defenseman to stay in contention for the cup now.

Just curious though, I'm as big of a Zadorov fan as any here on this board, and i know there are a ton, but i remember myself and other wanting Mantha in the draft last year… couldn't believe he fell to detroit. so-- Would you trade zadorov straight up for mantha at this point (hypothetically speaking that detroit would accept)? i think both have improved their stock a lot, even being mid-first rounders in the 1st place

I would do it in a second, which is why I think Detroit wouldn't.

I would do it in a second, which is why I think Detroit wouldn't.

i think i would too, and I LOVE zadorov. it leads back to the debate we had before this past draft about drafting defensemen high, and why so many didn't want Ekblad -- i think many would prefer the young potential top forward than the defenseman. but it also has a lot to do with the depth and needs of our team currently

Haha I like the kid. I think he's got a lot of potential. But I've tried very hard not to be a super fanboi about him.

I'm similar. That's why I haven't let anybody see my Zadorov bikini beach poster. Keeping that one to myself.

Haha I like the kid. I think he's got a lot of potential. But I've tried very hard not to be a super fanboi about him.

I really think the kid can be great, but the last thing we need is another "concept of Kassian" kind of ordeal.

I do believe however that he and Girgenson's should be off limits for the time being. Same of Risto for right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.