Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

May or may not be on waivers.

Erik Erlendsson@erlendssonTBO 4m

Gagner, apparently, being put on waivers for the purpose of a buy out

Josh Rimer@JoshRimerHockey 3m

Wow again RT @SWhyno: #TBLightning to buy out Sam Gagner as long as he clears waivers, team said in a tweet that was then deleted. #Oilers

Erik Erlendsson@erlendssonTBO 3m

Again, hold tight on the waiver situation, that's not confirmed, so it may not be the case

Looks like not.

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod 11s

So looks like there is NO buy out on Gagner for the Bolts, accidental tweet by team rep that was deleted.

Edited by BRAWNDO

By the sounds of it, the social media guy just made a really bad mistake. Doesn't seem like a buyout is happening. Gagner will be another smaller forward for them, though.

Tampa has landed Gagner and Garrison this offseason for Purcell and a 2nd. Good work.

Their lineup right now looks something like (if they go with what they basically had at the end of the season):

Palat/Stamkos/Gagner

Droin/Filppula/Callahan

Killorn/Johnson/Gagner

Panik/Thompson/Kucherov

They have an extra body or two that they could move, too.

Edited by Tankalicious

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

EDM's trade of Sam Gagner to TB for Ted Purcell doesn't necessarily mean Gagner will stay in TB. Buyout a possibility but so is a trade.

Hearing PHX, which recently bought out centre Mike Ribeiro, is a possible landing spot for Gagner. Stay tuned.

Edited by Tankalicious

Linden Vey and Sam Gagner...I take it there was no place on the Buffalo Sabres for either one of them? (Like Brandon Pirri.)

I don't understand this, at all...aren't these the kinds of players Tim Murray said he wanted to make moves for?

(And no, I'm not discrediting the Sabres...I'm trying to understand whatever is going on, a little better...are they not good fits or something?)

I'd rather have Brandon Pirri, Linden Vey and Sam Gagner...than Steve Ott, Matt Moulson and another 30-something year old veteran, who we have seen the best he has to offer a team. At least these kids still have room to grow and develop into solid players...and they wouldn't hurt our chances in the 2015 draft.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

Was JUST about to say that TB could be setting up a trade to Arizona. And I wondered on twitter if maybe Keith Yandle was the target.

Linden Vey and Sam Gagner...I take it there was no place on the Buffalo Sabres for either one of them? (Like Brandon Pirri.)

I don't understand this, at all...aren't these the kinds of players Tim Murray said he wanted to make moves for?

(And no, I'm not discrediting the Sabres...I'm trying to understand whatever is going on, a little better...are they not good fits or something?)

I'd rather have Brandon Pirri, Linden Vey and Sam Gagner...than Steve Ott, Matt Moulson and another 30-something year old veteran, who we have seen the best he has to offer a team. At least these kids still have room to grow and develop into solid players...and they wouldn't hurt our chances in the 2015 draft.)

We've got a Gagner in Ennis. Small forwards aren't what we're really into at this point, I'd assume.

Edited by Tankalicious

Was JUST about to say that TB could be setting up a trade to Arizona. And I wondered on twitter if maybe Keith Yandle was the target.

We've got a Gagner in Ennis. Small forwards aren't what we're really into at this point, I'd assume.

I love Tyler Ennis, we share the same name...and like Myers, he was drafted the day my Father passed away.

But, is Sam Gagner not better than Tyler Ennis? Idk, I just don't understand it...plus, TB and AZ both have smaller players in that mold already too.

(Sorry, I am super bored at the hospital and just looking for conversation.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

Sounds like the Coyotes gave up draft picks and/or prospects to TB for Gagner.

Aww man. Was really hoping I could've called the Yandle move.

I love Tyler Ennis, we share the same name...and like Myers, he was drafted the day my Father passed away.

But, is Sam Gagner not better than Tyler Ennis? Idk, I just don't understand it...plus, TB and AZ both have smaller players in that mold already too.

(Sorry, I am super bored at the hospital and just looking for conversation.)

I don't think it really matters that he may be ever so slightly better than Ennis since the upgrade isn't big enough to make the addition.

Would think that TB would be looking at Connor Murphy and/or Lucas Lessio in a move for Gagner.

The Oilers couldn't move Gagner after he was involved in trade talks for a few years now... And now he's traded twice in an hour.

Not to mention, out of 14 forwards on the Tampa Bay roster, 6 of them are under 6' feet tall...and 4 more stand exactly at 6' feet tall.

I think too much is made of this "size" thing, especially here in Buffalo...Sydney Crosby is 5-11, 200 lbs, Steven Stamkos is 6-0, 190 lbs.

Not to mention, out of 14 forwards on the Tampa Bay roster, 6 of them are under 6' feet tall...and 4 more stand exactly at 6' feet tall.

I think too much is made of this "size" thing, especially here in Buffalo...Sydney Crosby is 5-11, 200 lbs, Steven Stamkos is 6-0, 190 lbs.

Well it's not that having smaller players is bad... It's that having a large amount of them doesn't generally produce much success. Especially when they bring very little physicality.

TB gets 6th round pick in 2015 from AZ for Gagner and Crombeen. #TSN

So it was Gagner and Crombeen for Pringles.

Oh god. Are people really going to cry foul every time a trade gets made and it's not the Sabres doing it?

Babies.

Agreed. Not all players fit, even if they're available for next to nothing. Don't make a move just to make a move.

Oh god. Are people really going to cry foul every time a trade gets made and it's not the Sabres doing it?

Agreed. Not all players fit, even if they're available for next to nothing. Don't make a move just to make a move.

I thought Murray would have longer then a six month honeymoon... :wallbash:

TB retained a third of Gagner's salary. How do you trade a valuable player for another valuable player and then deal him for nothing WHILE retaining salary? I have to think that they could've gotten somebody to take Gagner's full salary while giving more than a 6th...

TB retained a third of Gagner's salary. How do you trade a valuable player for another valuable player and then deal him for nothing WHILE retaining salary? I have to think that they could've gotten somebody to take Gagner's full salary while giving more than a 6th...

Would've thought this was exactly the kind of trade Murray was looking for other than his size but I guess not. Oh jeez Murray why do you suck so bad?! Do something!! Wahhhhhh!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.