Sabres 2014-15 Schedule

26CornerBlitz

Official Sabres' 2014-15 Regular Season Schedule

SABRES ANNOUNCE 2014-15 REGULAR-SEASON SCHEDULE

Buffalo opens its season at home against Columbus on Oct. 9

The Buffalo Sabres and the National Hockey League announced the team’s 2014-15 regular-season schedule. The variable ticket pricing designations for individual games will be released at a later date.

Buffalo opens its season at home on Thursday, Oct. 9, against the Columbus Blue Jackets and then embarks on one of the season’s busiest stretches, with 11 games scheduled over 22 days in October, and a four-game road trip from Oct. 22 to Oct. 28.

November is another busy month for the team, with a season-high 14 games scheduled for the Sabres, including four back-to-back sets. The team’s lightest month is April, when the team plays six games and concludes the regular season at home on April 11 against Pittsburgh.

The Sabres will play five consecutive home games, the team’s longest homsetand of the season, from Feb. 7 through Feb. 15, and faces two five-game road swings in both January and March.

Other highlights from the Sabres’ 2014-15 schedule:

• 22 total weekend dates (8 Fridays; 10 Saturdays; 4 Sundays)
  • Three holiday games (Columbus Day; Thanksgiving Eve; New Year’s Eve)
  • Two home games against Toronto (Sat, Nov. 15; Wed, Apr. 1)
  • Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles visits Buffalo Dec. 9

Sabres schedule is announced: http://www.wgr550.co...ounced/19266294

Sabres and the National Hockey League today announced the team’s 2014-15 regular-season schedule. The variable ticket pricing designations for individual games will be released at a later date.

Buffalo opens its season at home on Thursday, Oct. 9, against the Columbus Blue Jackets and then embarks on one of the season’s busiest stretches, with 11 games scheduled over 22 days in October, and a four-game road trip from Oct. 22 to Oct. 28.

November is another busy month for the team, with a season-high 14 games scheduled for the Sabres, including four back-to-back sets. The team’s lightest month is April, when the team plays six games and concludes the regular season at home on April 11 against Pittsburgh.

The Sabres will play five consecutive home games, the team’s longest homsetand of the season, from Feb. 7 through Feb. 15, and faces two five-game road swings in both January and March.

Other highlights from the Sabres’ 2014-15 schedule:

22 total weekend dates (8 Fridays; 10 Saturdays; 4 Sundays)

Three holiday games (Columbus Day; Thanksgiving Eve; New Year’s Eve)

Two home games against Toronto (Sat, Nov. 15; Wed, Apr. 1)

Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles visits Buffalo Dec. 9

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Annoying that the NHL is doing this delayed "reveal." It's not the NFL. We know what teams the Sabres will play, and how often. We know there will be a West Coast trip and we know we will face some team on its East Coast trip. This is stupid.

Yay! I learned that the Sabres open against Columbus at home and Chicago on the road!

Like I didn't know Buffalo was going to play those teams at some point.

This is silly. I don't care in which order the Sabres play their opponents, and I doubt anyone else does.

Annoying that the NHL is doing this delayed "reveal." It's not the NFL. We know what teams the Sabres will play, and how often. We know there will be a West Coast trip and we know we will face some team on its East Coast trip. This is stupid.

Yay! I learned that the Sabres open against Columbus at home and Chicago on the road!

This is silly. I don't care in which order the Sabres play their opponents, and I doubt anyone else does.

It does add some excitement to a Saturday night. Tomorrow's the big day. I might have trouble sleeping.

I don't really view it as a delay reveal... They had this date penciled in. They may have just decided to reveal the home openers the day before.

W

L

L

OTL

L

W

OTL

W

L

L

L

L

W

OTL

L

W

W

L

W

OTL

L

L

W

L

L

W

L

OTL

L

W

W

L

L

L

OTL

L

L

W

L

W

W

L

L

W

L

W

L

OTL

W

L

L

L

W

L

W

W

W

L

L

OTL

L

OTL

W

L

W

W

L

L

L

L

W

L

W

OTL

OTL

W

L

L

L

W

OTL

W

L

Damn, no home game on my birthday (3/30)...but the wednesday after is vs Toronto, I'll be there!

W

L

L

OTL

L

W

OTL

W

L

L

L

L

W

OTL

L

W

W

L

W

OTL

L

L

W

L

L

W

L

OTL

L

W

W

L

L

L

OTL

L

L

W

L

W

W

L

L

W

L

W

L

OTL

W

L

L

L

W

L

W

W

W

L

L

OTL

L

OTL

W

L

W

W

L

L

L

L

W

L

W

OTL

OTL

W

L

L

L

W

OTL

W

L

Not one over time win? Surely a shootout will go our way...

Edited by Ottosmagic13

W

L

L

OTL

L

W

OTL

W

L

L

L

L

W

OTL

L

W

W

L

W

OTL

L

L

W

L

L

W

L

OTL

L

W

W

L

L

L

OTL

L

L

W

L

W

W

L

L

W

L

W

L

OTL

W

L

L

L

W

L

W

W

W

L

L

OTL

L

OTL

W

L

W

W

L

L

L

L

W

L

W

OTL

OTL

W

L

L

L

W

OTL

W

L

That's 70 points for the record.

Bills/Sabres weekends:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

October 12th - New England at Bills

October 13th- Anaheim at Sabres

October 17th - Florida at Sabres

October 18th - Boston at Sabres

October 19th - Minnesota at Bills

November 7th - Edmonton at Sabres

November 8th - Pittsburgh at Sabres

November 9th - Kansas City at Bills

November 21st - New York Rangers at Sabres

November 23rd - New York Jets at Bills

November 28th - Montreal at Sabres

November 30th - Cleveland at Bills

December 13th - Florida at Sabres

December 14th - Green Bay at Bills

As far as networks go, what is SN1 and City TV?

These are the Rogers-based Canadian channels (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 1, CityTV, FX-Canada) that replaced TSN and CBC as the national broadcasters for the NHL this year.

(CBC will still show Saturday night games for you guys down in Buffalo for at least the next 4 years, but there will be so many more channels to watch different games on up here on a Saturday night.)

This is good for people like me, since the Sabres screwed most of their regular Canadian fans by simulcasting most available Sabres MSG games (those that didn't conflict with Hockey Night in Canada) on Bell TV for people in the Niagara region (not available on the cable company, Cogeco) (also making them no longer available on NHL Centre Ice), which only about 20% of people in Niagara have as their TV provider.

These are the Rogers-based Canadian channels (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 1, CityTV, FX-Canada) that replaced TSN and CBC as the national broadcasters for the NHL this year.

(CBC will still show Saturday night games for you guys down in Buffalo for at least the next 4 years, but there will be so many more channels to watch different games on up here on a Saturday night.)

This is good for people like me, since the Sabres screwed most of their regular Canadian fans by simulcasting most available Sabres MSG games (those that didn't conflict with Hockey Night in Canada) on Bell TV for people in the Niagara region (not available on the cable company, Cogeco) (also making them no longer available on NHL Centre Ice), which only about 20% of people in Niagara have as their TV provider.

Thank you, that makes sense now. All the Canadia stuff doesn't do anything for me down here. But I was thinking the SN stood for NBC(SN) so SN1 didn't make much sense. Basically the Sabres have zero nationally (US) televised games this year.

19 pairs of back-to-backs. Isn't that on par with the two season the Sabres lead the league in that department?

Sabres bitched about so many back to backs. League fixed that by taking away a lot of weekend games.

Sabres bitched about so many weekday games and not enough weekend games. League fixed that by adding a lot of back to backs.

Sabres wont bitch about it this year as it will help the tanking?

Agreed. These back to backs are intentional. I actually can't believe the league would be so willing to play along.

They will screw us in the lottery. NHL Draft '15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjdA6iO0nxI

In other news: West Coast road trip is early this year. Now to decide: go to the Pond where tickets are cheaper or the end of the back to back at Staples that's easier to get to. Maybe both. Maybe.

Holy Pope on a Tricycle! That schedule is madness! 23 games in 48 days before Thanksgiving. That's 28% of the schedule in 5 weeks. Just brutal.

What the hell?!

This is going to be stinking ugly, folks.

We'll be out of the playoffs before Black Friday.

In THE season they want to stink, getting a rough schedule helps. It also can help get a reasonable schedule in the future. 'Hey Gary, remember how you made us play 1/2 our games before the Bills were eliminated and all the rest as back to backs? How 'bout we don't do that again?'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.