Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Thanks :blush: I'm ashamed to admit it was a 15 minute MSPaint hack job.

The words combined with the visual delivery of the core make it all happen ;)

If Stafford does this we can sell him at the deadline ( again a captains trade)

@Leino: Do you really think he will be here next year?

I can't see them moving Ville or buying him out. That cap hit is needed I would think. Also, who is going to step in as tank commander?

You have left out one very important factor here, a certain winger will be entering a contract year. I fulling expect the 16 goals he scored last season to jump up into the 30's this year.

Not to mention the Leino Factor. Is there much doubt that Leino will have a huge bounce back year scoring 20-25 goals? Not enough to push this team into the playoffs, just enough to ruin everyone's hopes and dreams.

Can't see Stafford doing much of anything with what little talent he has around him. Remember, in his 30 goal season, he scored what, 4 hat tricks, and with Vanek and Pommers still here during that time, he wasn't getting top end coverage on him. That's changed.

Ville, as I stated, isn't changing anything in my opinion. He needs a game changer to play decent (Briere when he was with the Flyers). Ville isn't one to make things happen himself, he is a product of those around him, I don't see the Sabres bringing a player in to change that.

Other than the Sabres, what team(s) will honestly go for a flat out tank? Calgary, in my opinion, is the only other team that may do it. The Flames have 5 picks in the first three rounds. They also have a new, young GM wanting to build "his" team. I understand next year's draft is believed to be the best in years, but I just do not see any other teams going for a complete tank.

Well according to the GM we're not tanking either. Maybe just trying not to improve. Yet. Kinda sorta. Nudge nudge wink wink.

Other than the Sabres, what team(s) will honestly go for a flat out tank? Calgary, in my opinion, is the only other team that may do it. The Flames have 5 picks in the first three rounds. They also have a new, young GM wanting to build "his" team. I understand next year's draft is believed to be the best in years, but I just do not see any other teams going for a complete tank.

I am suspicious of the Hurricanes. I have a bad feeling that is where McDavid will land.

A team like that, or Vancouver or New Jersey that starts poorly could decide mid-season to ride the tank.

Burke will bluster that he would never do it, but Buffalo and Calgary seem the likeliest teams in tank mode.

Florida's young talent could take a leap and Edmonton has been down too long, although bad starts in either market could result in a housecleaning that could lead to a tank-motivated sell-off.

We all know the Islanders story.

Edited by dudacek

Teams I see at or near the bottom next year: Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Vancouver if they sell off some pieces, Nashville, Winnipeg and Phoenix.

Proof will come later, but Benning said his new team is better than it showed and it was his goal to make the playoffs this year.

I'm interested to see what he does.

Proof will come later, but Benning said his new team is better than it showed and it was his goal to make the playoffs this year.

I'm interested to see what he does.

If they do sell off some pieces I would expect them to be looking for NHL talent in return, but just in case it's for prospects/picks I listed them.

Looking ahead to 2015 Dylan Strome looks like a viable option with one of those later 1st rounders. Now the catch with him will be he plays with McDavid. That could skew his stats a fair amount. Of course if we draft McDavid then why not go out and get his linemate? 2015 sure will be a fascinating draft.

Looking ahead to 2015 Dylan Strome looks like a viable option with one of those later 1st rounders. Now the catch with him will be he plays with McDavid. That could skew his stats a fair amount. Of course if we draft McDavid then why not go out and get his linemate? 2015 sure will be a fascinating draft.

Same reason you go after Bennet, because they played together :P

Will it matter much if Seatle gets an expansion team next year ? I read here somewhere that it won't happen because they won't build an arena without an NBA team.

But the clippers just been bought from someone from Seatle with deep pockets, this might happen sooner rather than later.

Will it matter much if Seatle gets an expansion team next year ? I read here somewhere that it won't happen because they won't build an arena without an NBA team.

But the clippers just been bought from someone from Seatle with deep pockets, this might happen sooner rather than later.

Yea, Seattle will take longer than even I thought. I thought they could get it done because I thought the desire was mutual, but it seems like the NHL wants Seattle more than Seattle wants the NHL.

Gary Bettmen has publicly stated on multiple occasion that expansion is not happening in the next year. Even if the Clippers move to Seattle it would take several years to build an arena and the NHL board of governors would have to vote on expansion and set it up. They won't expand from 30-31 teams. This isn't happening soon, just like Patrick Kane isn't coming to Buffalo soon.

Edited by LGR4GM

Gary Bettmen has publicly stated on multiple occasion that expansion is not happening in the next year. Even if the Clippers move to Seattle it would take several years to build an arena and the NHL board of governors would have to vote on expansion and set it up. They won't expand from 30-31 teams. This isn't happening soon, just like Patrick Kane isn't coming to Buffalo soon.

Yeah don't give kane to buffalo much chance myself, certainly not after reading he likes it in chicago.

Gary Bettmen has publicly stated on multiple occasion that expansion is not happening in the next year. Even if the Clippers move to Seattle it would take several years to build an arena and the NHL board of governors would have to vote on expansion and set it up. They won't expand from 30-31 teams.

I think this is right - thank God.

just like Patrick Kane isn't coming to Buffalo soon.

I also think this is right, and that's okay. He's going to get another big contract that will take him past his prime. Ideally, he might be a guy we could bring on a la the Canadiens getting Briere for a last run to glory. Kane would be NHL-old by then, but he could come here and play situationally. I actually sort of like the chances of that happening.