Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

LEBRUN: BOARD OF GOVERNORS VOTES IN CHANGES TO DRAFT LOTTERY: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455770

The Sabres would still be guaranteed to get Eichel in the '15 draft if they finish last.

Um ... not if the 30th place team could drop as far as #4 (as has been rumored).

No matter what changes happen next year it's ridiculous that they pushed it so quickly just because of the names in the draft...

Mickey ######-ing Mouse

Edited by That Aud Smell

Depending on the percentages and how the Islanders do, we might not be any worse off (or in a hockey gods love the Sabres world, we could be better off). I know I've been beating the "Isles could easily be a bubble playoff team" drumb...well, I've never wanted to be wrong so badly in my life.

Um ... not if the 30th place team could drop as far as #4 (as has been rumored).

Mickey ######-ing Mouse

Wouldn't have to worry about a lottery beyond the #1 pick until 2016 according to LeBrun's TSN article that I linked. That would mean at worst Eichel at #2 in 2015 if the Sabres finish 30th.

Depending on the percentages and how the Islanders do, we might not be any worse off (or in a hockey gods love the Sabres world, we could be better off). I know I've been beating the "Isles could easily be a bubble playoff team" drumb...well, I've never wanted to be wrong so badly in my life.

Wide Right. No Goal. There have been others.

And I've been okay.

If this ###### goes through and we miss out on 1 of 2 generational prospects? I'm going to lose my motherfunking mind.

Wide Right. No Goal. There have been others.

And I've been okay.

If this ###### goes through and we miss out on 1 of 2 generational prospects? I'm going to lose my motherfunking mind.

Me too, especially since we're so far down the rabbit hole it's functionally impossible (okay okay, nearly impossible) to change course now.

LEBRUN: BOARD OF GOVERNORS VOTES IN CHANGES TO DRAFT LOTTERY: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455770

The Sabres would still be guaranteed to get Eichel in the '15 draft if they finish last.

No matter what changes happen next year it's ridiculous that they pushed it so quickly just because of the names in the draft...

The Sabres should pull the worse tank in the history of sports next year.

1. Shoot pucks at their own net.

2. Pull the goalie at the start of the third period every game.

3. Any Sabres Player who scores goal is a healthy scratch for the next game.

Go 0-82.

Thanks for this 26. You just lowered my blood pressure by 100 Points

You, FNC, and the entire fan base. :lol: It would have been total BS if they had changed to a lottery system for the first three picks in '15.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Wouldn't have to worry about a lottery beyond the #1 pick until 2016 according to LeBrun's TSN article that I linked. That would mean at worst Eichel at #2 in 2015 if the Sabres finish 30th.

Breathe, Mama, breathe.

Lemme go read, rather than react.

lebrun_twitter_49669_normal.jpgPierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

On draft lottery: phase-in approach, 2015: odds will be smoothed among 14 non-playoff teams. In 2016, NHL will increase the number (con't)..

Con"t... of selections that will be determined by way of Lottery draw.

Thanks for this 26. You just lowered my blood pressure by 100 Points

Let's see...nope, still pissed. They are screwing us out of McDavid. If Sabres finished last and Islanders finished second last (or vice versa), we'd have a 43.8% chance of winning the lottery. This new system, depnding on the new odds, could screw us down to 14.2%, if all non-playoff teams are even odds.

They may have just ###### our chances by taking a full one-in-three chance to win the lottery and giving it to teams better than us.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 11m

Sabres Prez Ted Black says with three first-round picks in 2015, team may ultimately benefit from NHL changes to draft lottery win pct.

Poetic Justice would be the Sabres ending up with both McDavid and Eichel!!

Feckin Creepy Ted and his spin juice.

I wanted you to stall and table this shiznit, Blackie, not talk about how it actually might somehow work to the team's benefit.

Even so: It sounds like we're locked into a top-2 pick in 2015.

/praying

Sabres Prez Ted Black says with three first-round picks in 2015, team may ultimately benefit from NHL changes to draft lottery win pct.

That would require St Louis to not make the playoffs. Anyone want to bet on that possibility?

That would require St Louis to not make the playoffs. Anyone want to bet on that possibility?

I figure the NYI miss the playoffs and win the lottery with their increased chances and the Sabres finishing in 30th and dropping to the second overall pick again next year.

Nope. That would be Isles w/ worst record, Sabres 2nd worse, and St. Louis barely missing the playoffs & winning the lottery. Picks 1-3 baby. :beer:

Edited by Taro T

Feckin Creepy Ted and his spin juice.

I wanted you to stall and table this shiznit, Blackie, not talk about how it actually might somehow work to the team's benefit.

Even so: It sounds like we're locked into a top-2 pick in 2015.

/praying

The worse thing is his comment on WGR during the season, we could make the 2015 Playoffs but why would we want too? probably spearheaded this entire change.

Nope. That would be Isles w/ worst record, Sabres 2nd worse, and St. Louis barely missing the playoffs & winning the lottery. Picks 1-3 baby. :beer:

McDavid, Eichel and Hanifin? Armageddon would ensue about 15 minutes later.

I would really enjoy those 15 minutes though.

I cringed when I heard him say that.

I am pretty sure I heard Howard Simon and Jeremy White wincing on the radio as well.