Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Really? That's a weird way to host a big event, at least IMO. Any idea when that would be then? 7:30-ish?

Not really sure. They said it's going to be during the broadcast of their first HNIC playoff broadcast on the 18th and then it was mentioned that it'll likely be a few-minute feature during the first intermission. Have to think they'll move pretty quickly.

Seems odd considering it's the biggest lottery in a long time...

Not really sure. They said it's going to be during the broadcast of their first HNIC playoff broadcast on the 18th and then it was mentioned that it'll likely be a few-minute feature during the first intermission. Have to think they'll move pretty quickly.

Seems odd considering it's the biggest lottery in a long time...

The league is facking up on this. If they advertised/built it up properly like the NFL does with every event they have, they could make the Lottery at least its own 1/2 hour special.

The league is facking up on this. If they advertised/built it up properly like the NFL does with every event they have, they could make the Lottery at least its own 1/2 hour special.

It normally is

Playoff schedule just came out... 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-and-hockey-night-in-canada-announce-2015-stanley-cup-playoffs-first-round-broadcast-schedule/

Sportsnet has two games next Saturday - Minnesota at St. Louis at 3 p.m. and Winnipeg at Anaheim at 10 p.m. Both times are awkward for most. They need to come out and announce the official details.

There's some mixed signals online. Some say first intermission some say it'll be a part of the pre-game coverage. Pre-game makes way more sense, but they'll have two pregames that night.

Edited by Hoss

Looks to me like the Islanders pick will be 22nd overall (ugghhhh). For the Sabres to get a better pick one or more of Washington, Minnesota, Detroit, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh or Calgary will have to make it to the Confernece Finals.

If 4 teams below them make it to the Conference finals the Sabres will get the 18th pick. 

Im placing my bets on the pick being traded this summer.

Looks to me like the Islanders pick will be 22nd overall (ugghhhh). For the Sabres to get a better pick one or more of Washington, Minnesota, Detroit, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh or Calgary will have to make it to the Confernece Finals.

If 4 teams below them make it to the Conference finals the Sabres will get the 18th pick. 

i hope not if its deeper than 2003

Pretty sure it's 21, not 22. According to NHL.com they're in 10th which => pick 21 pre-playoff juggling.

Wow, I am absolutely in love with the video of Rantanen.  Not that he's going to last after 7, but boy he would be an awesome talent to add similar to Zacha or others. The size, the way he skates is simply amazing.   Daniel Sprong was impressive too.  

Pretty sure it's 21, not 22. According to NHL.com they're in 10th which => pick 21 pre-playoff juggling.

It's 21 and will improve one spot for every team below them that makes the final four.

It could also drop to 27 if the Islanders and the Blues make the final four and 29 if the Islanders and the Blues play in the finals.

There are also some in-between scenarios where the Blues go out early and the Isles make the final four.

NHL officially announces Draft Lottery for next Saturday. In Primetime before Penguins v Rangers.

So it will be before 8 pm next Saturday on NBCSN. The Sportsnet rumors were false.

Hopefully they don't do the countdown from from 14 to 1. If one of the better teams wins the lottery, you will know right away because that team won't be called at the slot they finished the regular season in.  Just announce #1 and thats it! 

Hopefully they don't do the countdown from from 14 to 1. If one of the better teams wins the lottery, you will know right away because that team won't be called at the slot they finished the regular season in.  Just announce #1 and thats it! 

Agreed. I get the anticipation aspect, but if you all the sudden skip calling the Oiler's or someone lower it's pretty obvious who wins

NHL officially announces Draft Lottery for next Saturday. In Primetime before Penguins v Rangers.

So it will be before 8 pm next Saturday on NBCSN. The Sportsnet rumors were false.

NHL.com says 8:00 pm EST, "will take place on Saturday, April 18 at 8 p.m. ET." 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762892&navid=nhl:topheads

Edit:The game starts at 8:00pm, and they say it's right before it, so it will probably be 8:00pm Lottery and 8:07pm puck-drop

Edited by WildCard

The lottery (usually held before the playoffs but for this year is held a week later) for the best prospect since Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid, will be held before Crosby's playoff game where the Penguins are an 8th seed that squeaked into the playoffs because they are a soft team built on skill, a traditional Buffalo move under DR. Crosby, let's not forget, is only there because the Penguins won the lottery, a lottery Buffalo had the same odds of winning as Pittsburgh. 

So....

147741-weird-al-seems-a-little-crazy-1uc

Edited by WildCard

I really don't like that I ran the draft lottery simulator and ended up with these results:

You have run the simulator 100 times.

Arizona Coyotes

Wins: 21

Win %: 21%

Buffalo Sabres

Wins: 12

Win %: 12%

Carolina Hurricanes

Wins: 10

Win %: 10%

Edmonton Oilers

Wins: 9