Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Hmmmm, that's right he did start slow. Maybe it was something to the effect of him being on a better than Kane pace over x number of games. I really wish I remember where I read it. Anyways, I will have to start watching a bit more of London in the second half.

Hmmmm, that's right he did start slow. Maybe it was something to the effect of him being on a better than Kane pace over x number of games. I really wish I remember where I read it. Anyways, I will have to start watching a bit more of London in the second half.

I do think I saw it this way too, that since his first ten or so games he has been at or above that pace. But not including them.

the first 10 games of the season Marner started extremely slow (10GP 1G 4a) as LGR mentioned not sure of the reason - maybe it took him time to adjust from 3rd line last year to be the main man with so many Knights prospects leaving or in NHL camps?

However, since then he is scoring at a 2.56PPG which is definitely in Patrick Kane territory.

new Sportsnet rankings -

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/top-30-nhl-draft-prospects-january/

Mitchel has a negative arrow next to his name which doesn't seem right at all considering how he has played in last 3 months. call it the WJC effect as Rantinen (who did have had a great tourney) passed him.

I doubt anyone give up a top 5 pick this year but if both Isles and Blues go out in first round (so we have say pick 18 and 22) - maybe we have the ammo to move up to 7 or 8.

Then again we can still hope for the Isles to lose Tavares or the Blues to stop scoring 6 per game and still miss the playoffs?

Realistically are Eichel and McDavid the only two from this draft class who will play all of next season?

Those are the only two I'd bet on. You might find another odd one further down (see: Tyler Myers) but it'd tough to pick who. Oh, and likely whomever EDM picks if it isn't one of those two.

If this draft works out as advertised, why would we want to trade away an 18 & 22 for an 8 anyhow? Murray has proven he can find guys late, and Devine has done great work now that he's properly funded. Let them have two more shots at it and see if they can't find another Getzlaf soemwhere in the teens.

Those are the only two I'd bet on. You might find another odd one further down (see: Tyler Myers) but it'd tough to pick who. Oh, and likely whomever EDM picks if it isn't one of those two.

i think maybe Crouse or Zacha could also play in NHL by next year due to their size. Most other high end prospects seem to still put on some bulking up to do.

I'm going to guess the Oilers have FINALLY learnt their lesson and whomever they draft (McDavid and Eichel not withstanding) are playing in the CHL, NCAA or Europe next year.But then again it is the Oilers.

If this draft works out as advertised, why would we want to trade away an 18 & 22 for an 8 anyhow? Murray has proven he can find guys late, and Devine has done great work now that he's properly funded. Let them have two more shots at it and see if they can't find another Getzlaf soemwhere in the teens.

I would move up if Marner drops due to his size scaring off teams with so much talent coming out this year. But I agree they may want to keep their 3 picks (maybe even 4 if Murray can work some miracles with his UFA's). The only other factor I can think of is the 50 contract limit teams have.

Anyone know how many contracts the Sabres currently have? Still think Fasching, Compher and Hurley have to be signed relatively soon. if they haven't already.

I believe they are at 51 right now (I thought 50 was max). However some names of guys contracts that are up after this year include: Jerry D'Amigo, Zac Dalpe, Matt Ellis, Jordan Samuels-Thomas,Tim Scheller Kevn Sudher, Phi Varone, Drew Bagnall, Jerome Gauthier, Tyson Strachan, Matt Hackett and Nathan Lieuwen. Not to mention a few NHL guys who won't be back such as Mez and Beno. That will free up a decent number of contracts.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91113

We aren't going to have an 18 and a 22

I believe they are at 51 right now (I thought 50 was max). However some names of guys contracts that are up after this year include: Jerry D'Amigo, Zac Dalpe, Matt Ellis, Jordan Samuels-Thomas,Tim Scheller Kevn Sudher, Phi Varone, Drew Bagnall, Jerome Gauthier, Tyson Strachan, Matt Hackett and Nathan Lieuwen. Not to mention a few NHL guys who won't be back such as Mez and Beno. That will free up a decent number of contracts.

http://sabres.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=91113

This link talks a little about the max number of contracts, to quote:

....But 18 and 19-year-old players assigned to their team in the CHL do not count against the 50-contract maximum, until they have played at least 11 NHL games in one season.

So Reinhart, Bailey, Baptiste don't count, which puts the number at 48

The cap is going to be interesting when our top prospects (i..e. Risto, Zad, McEichel, Reinhart) start demanding Blackhawks money. It's a problem, but it's probably the best one to have.

Which is why I'm glad Murray didn't give out stupid money to garbage players.

We aren't going to have an 18 and a 22

Really? You know that for a fact? You know exactly how the rest of this season will unfold and the playoffs?

Instead of posting something like this as some kind of indisputable fact why don't you either post not at all or at least say something like "hey guys I am not sure we will have the 18, 22 pick because x, y, and z." It was a hypothetical guess at our draft position this year based on a decent guess as to where those picks may be. It was not out of left field or unfathomable to consider that being the case so don't act or try to waltz in an make a statement like you did, which incidentally did not further the discussion one g*d d*mn bit.

Really? You know that for a fact? You know exactly how the rest of this season will unfold and the playoffs?

Instead of posting something like this as some kind of indisputable fact why don't you either post not at all or at least say something like "hey guys I am not sure we will have the 18, 22 pick because x, y, and z." It was a hypothetical guess at our draft position this year based on a decent guess as to where those picks may be. It was not out of left field or unfathomable to consider that being the case so don't act or try to waltz in an make a statement like you did, which incidentally did not further the discussion one g*d d*mn bit.

Well then. Love you too.