What did I miss??!!??!!

BetweenThePipes00

First post since 2011 ... nothing much has happened, right?

Looking around I still see many familiar names, which is great. I have been meaning to come back since Murray came on board but haven't had much of a chance ... rest assured I've watched every aghonizing minute on the ice ...

So where do we stand? X., eleven, Tom Webster, Ink, Taro, Spndnchz, d4rksabre ... Is AudSmell still around? I am looking at you ... talk to me. Optimistic? Same old, same old? (Forgot shrader ... how did I forget shrader?)

Have to update that avatar ...

Edited by BetweenThePipes00

Looking around I still see many familiar names, which is great. I have been meaning to come back since Murray came on board but haven't had much of a chance ... rest assured I've watched every aghonizing minute on the ice ...

So where do we stand? X., eleven, Tom Webster, Ink, Taro, Spndnchz, d4rksabre ... Is AudSmell still around? I am looking at you ... talk to me. Optimistic? Same old, same old?

Wow. Welcome back! And yeah AudSmell still is around.

So where do we stand? X., eleven, Tom Webster, Ink, Taro, Spndnchz, d4rksabre ... Is AudSmell still around? I am looking at you ... talk to me. Optimistic? Same old, same old?

Greetings B2theP!

In six words:

Scouring draft for next young savior.

sums it up for me.

So where do we stand? X., eleven, Tom Webster, Ink, Taro, Spndnchz, d4rksabre ... Is AudSmell still around? I am looking at you ... talk to me. Optimistic? Same old, same old? (Forgot shrader ... how did I forget shrader?)

Hiya! Nice to meet you!

I annoy everyone with my art and am d4rk's long suffering girlfriend! :P

Just lots of gallows humour and what X said.

Greetings B2theP!

In six words:

Scouring draft for next young savior.

sums it up for me.

Yup ... and I am cautiously optimisitc that we have someone now who will pick the right guys ... or trade for the right guys ... or whatever it takes. I was always a defender of Lindy but much less so of Darcy. I feel pretty good about Murray. I am not sold on Nolan as the coach for when they (hopefully) are contenders again, but we'll see who he brings in on the staff and cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yup ... and I am cautiously optimisitc that we have someone now who will pick the right guys ... or trade for the right guys ... or whatever it takes. I was always a defender of Lindy but much less so of Darcy. I feel pretty good about Murray. I am not sold on Nolan as the coach for when they (hopefully) are contenders again, but we'll see who he brings in on the staff and cross that bridge when we come to it.

I like Murray. So far we've had really one trade deadline, but the proof will be what he does between now and Oct: the draft, trades, and free agency.

I think he's thick skinned and has the potential to act boldly and quickly should the need arise.

He's got buckets of ammo this offseason in terms of picks and money to spend. We'll see what he does.

So far, I'm optimistic.

Edited by X. Benedict

I like Murray. So far we've had really one trade deadline, but the proof will be what he does between now and Oct: the draft, trades, and free agency.

I think he's thick skinned and has the potential to act boldly and quickly should the need arise.

He's got buckets of ammo this offseason in terms of picks and money to spend. We'll see what he does.

So far, I'm optimistic.

I hope that what he does between now and October isn't viewed as proof of anything.Even if he executes his plan exactly as he wants to this offseason, plans change. We will need to see how he adapts before we really know what he's all about. I hate bringing up the thought of evaluating him after three years because it will inevitably bring up responses about the old "three year rebuild", but that really does feel like the minimum amount of time before you can really know what kind of GM someone is.

I hope that what he does between now and October isn't viewed as proof of anything.Even if he executes his plan exactly as he wants to this offseason, plans change. We will need to see how he adapts before we really know what he's all about. I hate bringing up the thought of evaluating him after three years because it will inevitably bring up responses about the old "three year rebuild", but that really does feel like the minimum amount of time before you can really know what kind of GM someone is.

Point taken.

But I am keenly interested in how he uses the assets the team has - and how he justifies them. He needs to build a team. I want to see a foundation.

I thought that you took up an alias and were posting under that account.

You disappeared and then PA mysteriously reappeared, hhhmmmm????

I guess you ditched the alias.

I suggest you scour the Sabrespace archives and read every post since your last one in 2011.

Just so you know, September 23, 2011 was a momentous day for the board.

Point taken.

But I am keenly interested in how he uses the assets the team has - and how he justifies them. He needs to build a team. I want to see a foundation.

It is an important year. While Shrader is of course right, we shouldn't crucify or cannonize him too soon, what he does this offseason could very well make the difference between getting it right like the Blackhawks/Pens/Avs or dragging this out like the Thrashers/Oliers/Panthers.

Edited by BetweenThePipes00

Pipes. PIPES.

Piiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppeeess.

Good to read you, sir.

One of my favorite threads since you've been gone was PA's "trial" of Terry Pegula thread. The charge wound up being "meddling." I even did some lawyering stuff on it (like, I wrote a statute!), and got to act like a judge (Internet-al variety (I was terrible)). The prosecution sorta broke down when it was resolved, over some objections, that the charged conduct was, in point of fact, probably not "criminal" at all (X was instrumental in that regard, I think), and that the term "meddling" might, in fact, be synonymous with the term "owning."

Also, Kim Pegula and I are still not an item. Which is sad.

Yo

Pipes. PIPES.

Piiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppeeess.

Good to read you, sir.

One of my favorite threads since you've been gone was PA's "trial" of Terry Pegula thread. The charge wound up being "meddling." I even did some lawyering stuff on it (like, I wrote a statute!), and got to act like a judge (Internet-al variety (I was terrible)). The prosecution sorta broke down when it was resolved, over some objections, that the charged conduct was, in point of fact, probably not "criminal" at all (X was instrumental in that regard, I think), and that the term "meddling" might, in fact, be synonymous with the term "owning."

Also, Kim Pegula and I are still not an item. Which is sad.

I am sorry I missed that one, I should have come back as soon as Darcy was let go ... especially given all the time I could have spent posting while sitting at the rink while my son was on the ice. He has become quite the rink rat.

I suspect I would have sided with the defense as well, I think Pegula has just been an owner ... not with the results we wanted yet but nothing insane. Granted, I have no inside details of the LaFontaine departure, but if Murray is the right guy, then LaFontaine did a good job and I thank him for his work.

Yo

See this is the kind of insight I came back for. Can't get this just anywhere, folks. I've looked.

I am sorry I missed that one, I should have come back as soon as Darcy was let go ... especially given all the time I could have spent posting while sitting at the rink while my son was on the ice. He has become quite the rink rat.

I suspect I would have sided with the defense as well, I think Pegula has just been an owner ... not with the results we wanted yet but nothing insane. Granted, I have no inside details of the LaFontaine departure, but if Murray is the right guy, then LaFontaine did a good job and I thank him for his work.

See this is the kind of insight I came back for. Can't get this just anywhere, folks. I've looked.

I miss ranting on you and kicking you between the pipes. Lol

And you still never thanked me for those binoculars I mailed to you. :censored:

Sorry. You may recall, though, that having them in my possession when I was found in a hedge on the Pegula estate turned a misdemeanor trespass charge into a felony stalking charge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.