2014 Buffalo Sabres First Selection Discussion

IKnowPhysics

Who will be the Buffalo Sabres first selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Buffalo Sabres first selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft?

• Sam Bennett - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL) Center; 6’ 0.25”, 178 lbs. 2013-14: 57 games, 36-55-91, 118 PIM
    • Aaron Ekblad - Barrie Colts (OHL) Defenseman; 6’ 3.5”, 216 lbs. 2013-14: 58 games, 23-30-53, 91 PIM
    • Sam Reinhart - Kootenay Ice (WHL) Center; 6’ 0.75”, 185 lbs. 2013-14: 60 games, 36-69-105, 11 PIM
    • Leon Draisaitl - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL) Center; 6’ 1.5”, 204 lbs. 2013-14: 64 games, 38-67-105, 24 PIM
    • Michael Dal Colle - Oshawa Generals (OHL) Left Wing; 6’ 1.5”, 182 lbs. 2013-14: 67 games, 39-56-95, 34 PIM
    • Other
  2. 2. Bonus question: Who will be the first overall selection (currently held by FLA) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft?

• Sam Bennett - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL) Center; 6’ 0.25”, 178 lbs. 2013-14: 57 games, 36-55-91, 118 PIM
    • Aaron Ekblad - Barrie Colts (OHL) Defenseman; 6’ 3.5”, 216 lbs. 2013-14: 58 games, 23-30-53, 91 PIM
    • Sam Reinhart - Kootenay Ice (WHL) Center; 6’ 0.75”, 185 lbs. 2013-14: 60 games, 36-69-105, 11 PIM
    • Leon Draisaitl - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL) Center; 6’ 1.5”, 204 lbs. 2013-14: 64 games, 38-67-105, 24 PIM
    • Michael Dal Colle - Oshawa Generals (OHL) Left Wing; 6’ 1.5”, 182 lbs. 2013-14: 67 games, 39-56-95, 34 PIM
    • Other

These guys F'n kill me......

With 85% confidence, their top 5 right now are:

Bennett

Ekblad

Draisaitl

Reinhart

Dal Colle

I have 5 names who it looks like they may target in the late 1st to their 3rd round pick. Makes no sense to be a smokescreen as there are 60 other players in the same ballpark and you don't throw the mig off with 8% misdirection.

Help us Jesus.....

In light of Devine's interview.....

Sam Bennett will be the choice for Buffalo, based on what Tim Murray appears to want in a player. As for next year, deal with it then, no need to chase Eichel or McDavid, way too far down the line to even speculate this.

It will not take 3-5 years to get the Sabres back in the playoffs. Colorado rebounded quickly, so did Montreal. It can be done.

Sam Bennett will be the choice for Buffalo, based on what Tim Murray appears to want in a player.

What have you heard from Tim Murray that differentiates Bennett from Reinhart? Maybe I need to study harder, but the two are just so similar in my mind.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

1st Aaron ekblad

2nd(sabres) Sam Reinhart

3rd Sam Bennet

4th Micheal dal colle

5th draisaitl.

I'm positive ekblad goes first, be it to Florida or whomever may acquires it. Sorry Bennet fans, Buffalo will take Sam Reinhart. The only way we don't draft Reinhart is if ekblad doesn't go first overall, then we take him

What have you heard from Tim Murray that differentiates Bennett from Reinhart? Maybe I need to study harder, but the two are just so similar in my mind.

They play completely different games. One is physical and relentless in all three zone. One is a genius and can anticipate great in all three zone. One has a great shot and is quite fast on his skates. The other is a superb passer with less speed and weaker shot. One is known as a SOB to play against. The other is known for his sportsmanship. One is a labeled a natural born leader. One is not considered as a leader. There is just a lot of differences between them.

What would be your strategy for rebuilding the team into a championship contender?

Anything where I'm not wasting $2500 - $5000 annually to maintain my place. It's easier on you out-of-town guys!

Edited by Eleven

I'm not.

Nor am I.

Me either. But then I think we will at least be entertaining bottom feeders this year.

They play completely different games. One is physical and relentless in all three zone. One is a genius and can anticipate great in all three zone. One has a great shot and is quite fast on his skates. The other is a superb passer with less speed and weaker shot. One is known as a SOB to play against. The other is known for his sportsmanship. One is a labeled a natural born leader. One is not considered as a leader. There is just a lot of differences between them.

For the record, which one is NOT considered a natural born leader? Cause that is important at that pick no?

For the record, which one is NOT considered a natural born leader? Cause that is important at that pick no?

High end talent and the desire to use it is what matters at that pick, not leadership. Although many often equate the two.

Me either. But then I think we will at least be entertaining bottom feeders this year.

I don't think it's important at all. You know who wasn't a natural born leader? The first Sabres draft pick ever.

High end talent and the desire to use it is what matters at that pick, not leadership. Although many often equate the two.

Bingo.

I don't think it's important at all. You know who wasn't a natural born leader? The first Sabres draft pick ever.

Bingo.

I don't think you can just blow off the leadership aspect with that pick. It does matter. It's why that Ho Sang isn't right up there right? And Gilbert was a leader. a quiet leader but a leader none the less.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.