Nolan's coaching staff finalized: Bryan Trottier, Danny Flynn, Tom Coolen and Arturs Irbe

26CornerBlitz

Why is everyone so down on Corsi?

If by that, you mean "why does everyone not like Corsi?" I have no idea, I don't really get that impression.

If by that, you mean "why is everyone disliking Corsi's removal?" I think it's probably because people liked him. He was a former goalie and math teacher. He worked well to develop and maintain some stellar goaltending. Also codified one of the more useful statistics in the game, providing a foundation for much of the advanced statistics work.

If by that, you mean "why does everyone not like Corsi?" I have no idea, I don't really get that impression.

If by that, you mean "why is everyone disliking Corsi's removal?" I think it's probably because people liked him. He was a former goalie and math teacher. He worked well to develop and maintain some stellar goaltending. Also codified one of the more useful statistics in the game, providing a foundation for much of the advanced statistics work.

And his relative is a physics teacher at Caltech......

It seems to me that people are cheering his removal; maybe I am reading it wrong.

And his relative is a physics teacher at Caltech......

BS party school.

It seems to me that people are cheering his removal; maybe I am reading it wrong.

BS party school.

The Sabres had 2 starters for 95% of his tenure. One was the best in the world before Corsi came here. The only thing I can judge him on is his supposed Corsi Number to gauge workload, yet even you admit Lindy would run Miller into the ground. I guess you could give him some credit for Miller's development, but he's pretty much just had a cushy job. Drew Stafford was also signed to that extension by Darcy with Corsi rating given as one of his reasons.

Well, that didn't take long. Corsi, Teppo, Sacco, and Forton all off the list on Sabres.com.

I wonder who will be here next year?

TN has been down on the players' conditioning, so I gotta think McKenney & Allaire will go. Rip stays because he's the only one who knows where the turdburger yellow thread is.

I've read where players have said they got a lot out of working with Braid, the skating coach, but I'm not sure I noticed anything different on the ice. Maybe she's a goner? And a "Mental Skills" coach. That joke practically writes itself.

COACHING STAFF

Head Coach Ted Nolan

Player Development Coach Dennis Miller

Strength & Conditioning Coach Doug McKenney

Asst. Strength & Conditioning Coach J.T. Allaire

Administrative Assistant Coach Corey Smith

Hockey Data Analyst Jason Nightingale

Video Assistant Neil McKenney

Athletic Trainer Tim Macre

Asst. Athletic Trainer Bob Mowry

Equipment Manager Dave Williams

Equipment Manager Rip Simonick

Assistant Equipment Manager George Babcock

Massage Therapist Chuck Garlow

Skating Consultant Dawn Braid

Mental Skills Coach Barbara Meyer

http://sabres.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=36588

Edited by Campy

I think the conditioning is on the players more than staff. This guy is more than capable of coming up with a more strenuous routine. He has been here over 20 years. That gives him at least one year warning to improve his program before dismissal.

Hi Chris, welcome to the board.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, and given Nolan's comments about the players' strength and conditioning, I guess we'll find out soon enough whether Ted places that on the players or on the regimen.

TN has been down on the players' conditioning, so I gotta think McKenney & Allaire will go.

Agreed. Let's not forget that Allaire was with the Bills for a few years when they had many issues with injuries as well.

So was McKenney around when Teddy was coach the first time?

Regarding the question of when McKinney took over. (Sorry, posting from my phone & it isn't letting me quote posts.)

He was there at beginning of Teddy's 1st stint. Essentially his very 1st act as s&c coach was to tear up Smehlik's knee. He had him doing some sort of agility drill and Smelly tripped over a rope and tore up ligaments.

Pretty sure Teddy hired him originally, but not 100% positive.

Regarding the question of when McKinney took over. (Sorry, posting from my phone & it isn't letting me quote posts.)

He was there at beginning of Teddy's 1st stint. Essentially his very 1st act as s&c coach was to tear up Smehlik's knee. He had him doing some sort of agility drill and Smelly tripped over a rope and tore up ligaments.

Pretty sure Teddy hired him originally, but not 100% positive.

I did some googling and came across the '07 Media Guide. It says McKenney was hired in July '95, so the timeline matches up. It also said he was Hartford's S&C coach for 6 years prior, so it's likely he came over from the Whalers with Teddy who was an assistant coach there for a year before Bflo hired him.

Good memory Taro!

Not aware of any connection with Craig, but I am kinda expecting an old friend from the hardest working team in hockey era?

Boughner is the logical choice, but — even though he's probably not qualified — I wouldn't be shocked to see Mike Peca surface.

Not aware of any connection with Craig, but I am kinda expecting an old friend from the hardest working team in hockey era?

Boughner is the logical choice, but — even though he's probably not qualified — I wouldn't be shocked to see Mike Peca surface.

Interesting.

In the end, isn't that what we're all here for.

Now I just need to get everyone on board with the inkman number. It's the number of mm a man can see ones penis beyond his gut. No one wants a negative inkman number.

Damn, I'm so screwed..... But not literally, because logic and a negative inkman number means it's not able to function, therfore i can't be screwed..... I digress....

Let the changes begin

• 1 month later...

So I guess we shouldn't expect any changes in the Sabres strength and conditioning program?

From the BufNews:

The Sabres’ contingent during the weeklong Combine featured General Manager Tim Murray, but he didn’t stick around for Saturday’s workouts. Doug McKenney, the strength and conditioning coach, and his assistant, J.T. Allaire, represented the team during the fitness tests.

So I guess we shouldn't expect any changes in the Sabres strength and conditioning program?

From the BufNews:

The Sabres’ contingent during the weeklong Combine featured General Manager Tim Murray, but he didn’t stick around for Saturday’s workouts. Doug McKenney, the strength and conditioning coach, and his assistant, J.T. Allaire, represented the team during the fitness tests.

That would be a safe assumption.

It'll be interesting to see how much different the condioning program ends up. TN wasn't pleased w/ the Sabres' fitness when he started.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.