GDT: Montreal at Buffalo 3-16-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

166368126_slide.jpg

GAME #68: MTL (36-25-7) at BUF (19-40-8) – SUN MAR 16 – 7:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

88 Cory Conacher – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn – 19 Cody Hodgson

27 Matt D’Agostini – 23 Ville Leino – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

32 John Scott – 24 Zenon Konopka – 37 Matt Ellis

X: 28 Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle), 17 Torrey Mitchell (foot)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

6 Mike Weber – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI), 57 Tyler Myers (elbow)

1 Jhonas Enroth

50 Nathan Lieuwen

X: 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI)

Lineup News & Notes

F Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), F Chris Stewart (ankle), F 17 Torrey Mitchell (foot), D Alex Sulzer (LBI), and D Tyler Myers (elbow) were scratches in Saturday's 4-1 loss at NYI.

Weekly Transactions

03/13: Assigned D Chad Ruhwedel to Rochester (AHL); Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel from Rochester (AHL).

03/15: Recalled D Rasmus Ristolainen from Rochester (AHL).

03/16: Recalled G Nathan Lieuwen from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 4-6-0.

Tyler Ennis has goals in back-to-back games and points in four straight.

MONTREAL CANADIENS Montreal_Canadiens_Smiley.png

Final Lineup

48 Daniel Briere – 14 Tomas Plekanec – 11 Brendan Gallagher

67 Max Pacioretty – 51 David Desharnais – 20 Thomas Vanek

27 Alex Galchenyuk – 81 Lars Eller – 21 Brian Gionta ("C")

32 Travis Moen – 8 Brandon Prust – 22 Dale Weise

X: 15 George Parros (healthy), 17 Rene Bourque (healthy), 53 Ryan White (healthy)

74 Alexei Emelin – 79 Andrei Markov ("A")

55 Francis Bouillon – 76 PK Subban

24 Jared Tinordi – 43 Mike Weaver

X: 6 Douglas Murray (healthy), 26 Josh Gorges (hand)

35 Dustin Tokarski

30 Peter Budaj

X: 31 Carey Price

Lineup News & Notes

Montreal scratched F George Parros, F Rene Borque, F Ryan White, D Jared Tinordi, and D Josh Gorges in Saturday's 5-4 OT win vs Ottawa.

Carey Price will not accompany the team to Buffalo. He will be given the day off to rest.

F Michael Bournival (concussion) is on IR.

Weekly Transactions

03/16: Recalled G Dustin Tokarski from Hamilton (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Montreal has gone 5-4-1.

David Desharnais has goals in back-to-back games.

PREGAME LINKS

03/16 – GAME RECAP: SABRES UNABLE TO GENERATE OFFENSE ON LONG ISLAND (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/15 – GAME RECAP: WILD COMEBACK (Canadiens.com)

03/16 – Sabres aim to end skid against Canadiens (John Kreiser – NHL.com)

03/16 – News: All the way back (Canadiens.com)

03/16 – Sabres’ Cory Conacher endured long road to reach NHL dream (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

03/16 – News: SABRES RECALL LIEUWEN FROM ROCHESTER (Sabres.com)

03/16 – Sabres vs Canadiens Game Notes PDF (Sabres.com)

03/16 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Sunday night's game against the Canadiens at First Niagara Center. <5:00>

POSTGAME LINKS

03/16 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Montréal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres (NHL.com)

03/16 – GAME RECAP: LIEUWEN MAKES NHL DEBUT IN LOSS TO HABS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/16 – Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <3:04>

03/16 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <2:47>

03/16 – Jamie McBain speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <1:00>

03/16 – Cody Hodgson speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <2:25>

03/16 – Nathan Lieuwen speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <1:48>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Nice CB!!! Always appreciated

Yet another game I doubt I will watch.... Today seems like a nice day to hit up Letchworth and the awesome dive diner in Mount Morris, serving up food that is guaranteed to give a coronary :)

I caught some of last night's game until the signal went out, then the masses put on college hoops.... I always read through the GDT during or after and man have we Really collectively gone downhill in those.

Good news is the sabres only have 5 more home games including tonight's, so either tickets will become ludicrously cheap, or the feeling of leaving the arena disgusted after a game is near finish.

All that said, 4-1 from the northern counterparts

Yet another game I doubt I will watch.... Today seems like a nice day to hit up Letchworth and the awesome dive diner in Mount Morris, serving up food that is guaranteed to give a coronary :)

I caught some of last night's game until the signal went out, then the masses put on college hoops.... I always read through the GDT during or after and man have we Really collectively gone downhill in those.

Good news is the sabres only have 5 more home games including tonight's, so either tickets will become ludicrously cheap, or the feeling of leaving the arena disgusted after a game is near finish.

Brian's USA Diner? How is that place. I always pass it when I'm going back to, well, RT 20A.

I

I am on service this week, I will keep an eye out for you.

@CanadiensMTL

Les Canadiens ont rappelé le gardien Dustin Tokarski ce matin / Canadiens have recalled goaltender Dustin Tokarski this morning.

Thanks much. Most of these games are rather nondescript affairs. Looking forward to the eventual payoff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.