Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

They won, and I'm glad, but they won because the Jets suck. Three things that really, really irritated me:

1) Bradham's penalties. Ok, I can deal with the 5-yarder. But taunting on an INT return into FG range? If they had lost that game by 3 or less, dammit, we would be crucifying him. Don't do stupid ######.

2) Run-run-pass when the game was FAR from over. Stop it. Your gains have been on the pass. Use it.

3) Sammy, dammit, after your almost touchdown, I remarked that you learned an important lesson as a rookie. And then you slowed down again on your actual touchdown. I hope your teammates teach you the lesson you didn't learn on your own.

Edited by Eleven

Don't most receivers/backs look to the scoreboard to see where the defender is?

That's what the announcers said. I wonder if there are stadiums that don't have live playback, or only have screens on one side.

I don't care. He didn't learn the lesson in the SAME GAME?! I want to love the kid, I really, really do.

The lesson Sammy chose to learn was "look before you celebrate like a dork." instead of "Don't be a dork."

Reading this thread is hilarious. You would think they were on the bad end of a 43-23 score. Team is winning with Orton. Missing starting two tailbacks and on the road, no problem. Jets imploded in 3rd quarter starting with that end zone trickery.

Reading this thread is hilarious. You would think they were on the bad end of a 43-23 score. Team is winning with Orton. Missing starting two tailbacks and on the road, no problem. Jets imploded in 3rd quarter starting with that end zone trickery.

A player taunted to to take us out of FG range. A player taunted and got tackled on his way to a TD. The offense was very inefficient and was insistent on running up the middle (it is the focus of the offense). I never thought we were going to lose today, but something is not right with the offense.

A player taunted to to take us out of FG range. A player taunted and got tackled on his way to a TD. The offense was very inefficient and was insistent on running up the middle (it is the focus of the offense). I never thought we were going to lose today, but something is not right with the offense.

They were missing three starters today. They lost Woods in the game. They are playing with a third/fourth string running back. Still they overcame. I genuinely don't care how ugly the wins are in September and October. It's November and December that count for pretty. You don't make the playoffs in September and October, but you do play yourself out of them. I think the offense will get better. I think Orton is enough of a playmaker to get it done.

They were missing three starters today. They lost Woods in the game. They are playing with a third/fourth string running back. Still they overcame. I genuinely don't care how ugly the wins are in September and October. It's November and December that count for pretty. You don't make the playoffs in September and October, but you do play yourself out of them. I think the offense will get better. I think Orton is enough of a playmaker to get it done.

I am super happy, I was just explaining why the thread read like it did lol. And My other point is, the offense has play makers all over the field at WR, down to its 3rd string RB, the weakness is the interior of the O-line, the jets strength is the interior of their D-line, we lost Woods......and we were insistent in running up the middle from the start with zero success at any point. It was obvious the bills were going to do that today, it didn't work, shocker.

Damn was hoping that the Colts would take care of the Steelers. Bills going to need some help.

Bill's path to the playoffs is within the division not the wildcard. Just too many teams in the wc that are good, including two we already lost to

Helluva lot more entertaining than rooting for a #1 pick. That was a fun ass game to watch.

I think we find completely different things about football to be entertaining. It felt like I was fighting off sleep nearly every minute. At one point we had a series of 7 possession that produced 14 yards combined.

That said, with all of the criticisms being lobbed at Hackett (lord knows I was throwing them during the game), I thought this sequence from Joe Buscaglia's twitter was very interesting:

Joe Buscaglia

‏@JoeBuscaglia

Ultimately, I think the conservative nature does not land on Nathaniel Hackett. But he’s taking the heat for it.

Joe Buscaglia retweeted

Jared E. Smith @JaredSmithCNY · 4h 4 hours ago

@JoeBuscaglia Agree 100%. Covered Doug Marrone for two years at Syracuse. He has been like this, especially when he can ride a defense to W.

3) Sammy, dammit, after your almost touchdown, I remarked that you learned an important lesson as a rookie. And then you slowed down again on your actual touchdown. I hope your teammates teach you the lesson you didn't learn on your own.

How did he not learn his lesson? There isn't a single receiver in the league that doesn't slow up when they're safely heading in the end zone--his mistake on the first one wasn't slowing up, it was thinking he was in without actually looking to be sure. The second one he knew he was safe because he looked. Lesson learned.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Bill's path to the playoffs is within the division not the wildcard. Just too many teams in the wc that are good, including two we already lost to

That Houston loss really hurt us, God dam why couldn't we have uncle moustache for that game.... Were only one game back, but the pats seem to have found their stride, so unless we overtake them in the next few weeks, I just don't see playoffs, not to mention we would need to go into Foxboro and win

That Houston loss really hurt us, God dam why couldn't we have uncle moustache for that game.... Were only one game back, but the pats seem to have found their stride, so unless we overtake them in the next few weeks, I just don't see playoffs, not to mention we would need to go into Foxboro and win

Tank posted it earlier: our schedule coming out of the bye is very winnable. Besides @ Denver and home against the Packers, we can and should win every game we play leading into the math against the patriots. The patriots shcedule is very hard, and we can definitely end up tied or overakig them. TBH I don't have a ton of confidence to win in NE in a must win, but I'll worry about that when we get there Edited by WildCard

I think we find completely different things about football to be entertaining. It felt like I was fighting off sleep nearly every minute. At one point we had a series of 7 possession that produced 14 yards combined.

I was frustrated as hell watching 3/4 of that game. Yelling at the coaches through the TV. Yelling at Sammy through the TV. Jumping up at every TD. Gat dam but it is fun to express some emotion at a sporting event again. Feck the tank.

Tank posted it earlier: our schedule coming out of the bye is very winnable. Besides @ Denver and home against the Packers, we can and should win every game we play leading into the math against the patriots. The patriots shcedule is very hard, and we can definitely end up tied or overakig them. TBH I don't have a ton of confidence to win in NE in a must win, but I'll worry about that when we get there

I know on paper it looks nice, but Miami won't go down that easy again to us, and you look at the league week in and week out and see upsets all over the place. The bills are decent this year, however I'm just not convinced that they'll go on a winning tear, not this season at least. But if it does happen and comes down to a win and in scenario then ill be stoked just to have made it to that position

1 for 9 on the first 9 3rd down conversions. We picked up another two 3rd downs in garbage time to bring the game total to 3 for 12

7 points off 4 1st half turnovers. The average start for the 4 drives was midfield.

40% of Kyle Orton's completions were touchdowns, yet we only attempted 17 passes.

We averaged 2 yards a carry and ran it 29 times.

That's systemic wussery, and it'll hurt his team in the long run.