All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

Past 5 starts for Miller he is GPA 3.2 and 2-3 record. Blues fans are saying he's not looking good lately. Looks like those fluky longshots are starting to get past him again. Maybe they're not allowing enough shots?

http://cinesport.stltoday.com/nhl-saint-louis-blues/highlights-miller-blues-fall-to-stars/

Edited by 716

Past 5 starts for Miller he is GPA 3.2 and 2-3 record. Blues fans are saying he's not looking good lately. Looks like those fluky longshots are starting to get past him again. Maybe they're not allowing enough shots?

http://cinesport.stl...-fall-to-stars/

I was watching the 4th goal the Stars scored against him last night - he had a good look at it - it just beat him.

And his SVG% isn't very good the last 5 games played - 110 saves out of 125 shots for .880 SVG%

He's actually now dropped out of the Top Ten in all the stats. His SVG%, which is his best stat, has dropped to 11th in the league. I think he was 8th or 9th not that long ago.

If he can just make it to the Semis, as Eleven mentioned, we'll be happy.

Edited by Jsixspd

Ironic that the Blues could be the team that helps us complete the tank. If the Sabres lose their next two games in regulation they are officially guaranteed the best odds in the lottery and at least the number two pick. Thursday's game in St. Louis could be the one.

They could, of course, finish it earlier if Edmonton wins and Florida gets a point between now and Tuesday night while we lose in regulation Tuesday.

I wanted to get rid of Miller awhile ago. The Sabres were in decline and in no need of a $6mil goalie. There's no axe, it's just water cooler talk; that lately he has started letting in bad goals. But I wish him all the luck to at least get to the conference finals...who among us doesn't want this to happen? It's just that Miller chronically lets in bad goals from time to time, wondering if it's a vision problem from the point. I think the Western Conference game is different...bigger bodies crashing the net, screening etc. and that exploits a weakness in our guy.

I want miller to win a cup, after being on this team for so long, he really deserves a ligit chance.... I haven't watched a minute of Blues hockey since the trade so I can't add a lot, I just get my info/gossip from here..... Can the blues actually make it to the conference/cup finals..... Seems like they may have some weaknesses

I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again... Why?

Because I thought he was a good player for our team, for many years, and because he has Zero chance at winning anything in this city.... Just because he plays for a another team doesn't mean I shouldn't root for him (unless it's Boston, Toronto, etc)

Now If it's buffalo vs. St Louis in the finals this year, then absolutely not.... But we know the flaw behind that theory

Edited by wyldnwoody44

Because I thought he was a good player for our team, for many years, and because he has Zero chance at winning anything in this city.... Just because he plays for a another team doesn't mean I shouldn't root for him (unless it's Boston, Toronto, etc)

There's a difference between wanting him to win it and thinking he deserves it. I'm rooting for him in St. Louis, but I wouldn't say he "deserves" anything. It wasn't like any of his time here was really harsh or devastating. And it wasn't like he did enough to stop this team from being terrible. He was a part of it.

1 My post was mildly sarcastic.

2 It's a thread dedicated to former Sabres on the Blues. Make a list of what we're allowed to talk about.

You can talk about whatever you want, and you put it best by saying your post was only "mildly sarcastic."

I found the anti miller posts annoying before the trade, and still do. That's all.

You can talk about whatever you want, and you put it best by saying your post was only "mildly sarcastic."

I found the anti miller posts annoying before the trade, and still do. That's all.

I probably should have used a smiley.

I wanted to get rid of Miller awhile ago. The Sabres were in decline and in no need of a $6mil goalie. There's no axe, it's just water cooler talk; that lately he has started letting in bad goals. But I wish him all the luck to at least get to the conference finals...who among us doesn't want this to happen? It's just that Miller chronically lets in bad goals from time to time, wondering if it's a vision problem from the point. I think the Western Conference game is different...bigger bodies crashing the net, screening etc. and that exploits a weakness in our guy.

I agree. I don't think there are too many people here that truly hate Miller, or have "an axe to grind". Just because some people don't bow down to him like he's a god doesn't mean they hate him.

I want miller to win a cup, after being on this team for so long, he really deserves a ligit chance.... I haven't watched a minute of Blues hockey since the trade so I can't add a lot, I just get my info/gossip from here..... Can the blues actually make it to the conference/cup finals..... Seems like they may have some weaknesses

He carried this team through some tough times. He really does deserve a shot. That said, I don't want Saint Louis to join the "we have a cup" crowd before the Sabres do. So I'm rooting for conference finals, that's it, then he can go to Anaheim or Detroit or whichever and win there.

Edited by Eleven

There's a difference between wanting him to win it and thinking he deserves it. I'm rooting for him in St. Louis, but I wouldn't say he "deserves" anything. It wasn't like any of his time here was really harsh or devastating. And it wasn't like he did enough to stop this team from being terrible. He was a part of it.

Sure he was part of it, I think part of me wants him to get it, but part of me still thinks he played hard and with the ruff "goalie rotation" he's earned it.... So some deserving, just like players like Ott that really seem to put it all out there, I'd be glad to see him win, however he wasn't a long time sabre, so I don't view him in the same light

He carried this team through some tough times. He really does deserve a shot. That said, I don't want Saint Louis to join the "we have a cup" crowd before the Sabres do. So I'm rooting for conference finals, that's it, then he can go to Anaheim or Detroit or whichever and win there.

I always forget about the "don't win a cup before us" and I'm completely on board with that statement.... Just please no Boston.

Sure he was part of it, I think part of me wants him to get it, but part of me still thinks he played hard and with the ruff "goalie rotation" he's earned it.... So some deserving, just like players like Ott that really seem to put it all out there, I'd be glad to see him win, however he wasn't a long time sabre, so I don't view him in the same light

I always forget about the "don't win a cup before us" and I'm completely on board with that statement.... Just please no Boston.

Don't worry about Boston; they have a goalie and he won't want to go there anyway. Detroit (home) and Anaheim (wife, to a certain extent, although she spent significant time in Buffalo) are naturals.

I think Miller's ability to pick and choose where he wants to go this summer is all dependent on his performance in the playoffs. He couldn't ask for a better defensive team in front of him. If he lays an egg, I doubt Anaheim, Detroit or any top teams will want him, especially for the pricetag he wants as a 33 year old goalie.

Edited by 716

Yep. The zero cup NHL franchise list has grown ever shorter over the past decade, and we're certainly not getting crossed off that list in the next 3 to 4 seasons. We need to keep a tight hold on all the miserable company that we can.

However, if the Blues met another team in the finals that also has never won one then I'd root for the Blues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.