Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Who are you talking about. National media? who?

Bob McKenzie. Nick Kypreos. Darren Millard. David Pognotta. Chris Botta.

They've all commented on this knowledgeably throughout the day. Botta and McKenzie were both way ahead of anything Buffalo media had.

There is a certain strange hatred for "rumors." When the national media, especially the ones who have established a VERY good reputation, are all saying the same thing then something is up. It's not nothing. They know something is up, and it's only a matter before we know.

Some might find it hard to separate legitimate professionals with random twitter people reporting stuff. The legitimate professionals don't just say ###### because it's fun.

Buffalo media? I wouldn't really qualify them as legitimate professionals with good reputations. Most just write whatever the national guys are talking about, and then act pissy when anybody points it out.

Edited by Tankalicious

Lots of experience, expertise, history and talent in the management chain. Also, a lot of the buck stops here personalities. That's not necessarily bad, but it's tricky. Add tight time frames, decisions that involve judgment, and the need to communicate, and fruit can be bruised. Boss's boss, who supports who, who called who, etc., all come in to play. Bruised fruit, options, and egos (no pejorative).

Three obvious rub spots, in my mind.

1) Miller / Ott trade

2) Trade on the table

3) Nolan's future.

I see Murray as in charge with all three. Speculation (mine): La Fontaine disagrees with one or more choices, Pegula intervenes on behalf of Murray, and the historically willing to leave La Fontaine does just that.

Add up to the second (at the expense of thoughtful) twitter, media competition, and you get all of us (me included) glued to a message board.

Lots of experience, expertise, history and talent in the management chain. Also, a lot of the buck stops here personalities. That's not necessarily bad, but it's tricky. Add tight time frames, decisions that involve judgment, and the need to communicate, and fruit can be bruised. Boss's boss, who supports who, who called who, etc., all come in to play. Bruised fruit, options, and egos (no pejorative).

1) Miller / Ott trade

2) Trade on the table

3) Nolan's future.

I see Murray as in charge with all three. Speculation (mine): La Fontaine disagrees with one or more choices, Pegula intervenes on behalf of Murray, and the historically willing to leave La Fontaine does just that.

Add up to the second (at the expense of thoughtful) twitter, media competition, and you get all of us (me included) glued to a message board.

Great post. It's a hound's breakfast of hockey people in that organization.

There is a certain strange hatred for "rumors." When the national media, especially the ones who have established a VERY good reputation, are all saying the same thing then something is up. It's not nothing. They know something is up, and it's only a matter before we know.

Some might find it hard to separate legitimate professionals with random twitter people reporting stuff. The legitimate professionals don't just say ###### because it's fun.

Buffalo media? I wouldn't really qualify them as legitimate professionals with good reputations. Most just write whatever the national guys are talking about, and then act pissy when anybody points it out.

It's not that I'm not intrigued by Internet rumors. It's that there is no information at all beyond "something is up." So everyone speculates wildly but we have no real information beyond the basic "some guys are disagreeing over something."

1) Miller / Ott trade

2) Trade on the table

3) Nolan's future.

The Miller trade wouldn't have happend without buy-in from all/most involved (Pegula for sure). I would guess #2 might be a source of disagreement - specifically there could be a player or two being discussed that some don't want to move (e.g., Tyler Myers).

It's not that I'm not intrigued by Internet rumors. It's that there is no information at all beyond "something is up." So everyone speculates wildly but we have no real information beyond the basic "some guys are disagreeing over something."

Yes, but something is up. Something! You must admit that

The Miller trade wouldn't have happend without buy-in from all/most involved (Pegula for sure). I would guess #2 might be a source of disagreement - specifically there could be a player or two being discussed that some don't want to move (e.g., Tyler Myers).

And they should not move Tyler Myers , no way

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.