Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Maybe Murray does not want Nolan kept and PLF is leaving as a result?

If we're just going to speculate wildly, I'll admit that this occurred to me too. That "interim" tag has been an elephant in the room. Another reason why completely changing your leadership mid-season, picking a new coach, and THEN picking a new GM was a really F'ed up way to do things.

I would hope someone quit over yesterday's massacre. Not everyone could have been on board with that. That substantially alterred the direction and future of the franchise.

What do you mean? You would not have done that trade? What, held out for more when you know both players could just walk away at end of season? This was a no brainer trade

If we're just going to speculate wildly, I'll admit that this occurred to me too. That "interim" tag has been an elephant in the room. Another reason why completely changing your leadership mid-season, picking a new coach, and THEN picking a new GM was a really F'ed up way to do things.

No. Hiring an INTERIM coach and saying the future GM has the ability to decide on the coaches future. Then fighting for that interim coach is the F'ed up way to do things.

This is all speculation but if this over Nolan then PLF needs to get out. It's an interim coach, let the GM do his job. The last thing we want is people making hockey decisions who shouldn't be making hockey decisions

Edited by Numark

IBN SPORTS WRAP@IBNincarcerated Protected Tweets 6m

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Patty LaFontaine is stepping down from his front office role with the Sabres (Friction with GM)

This means its not going to happen right??

It would make absolutely no sense. LaFontaone just hired Murray how could he already have friction with him?

Pat and Tim and Ted told Ryan and Steve about the trade.

Tim has been carefully talking up "us" as the decision-makers and appears likely to move ahead with Ted.

Pat has been careful to say the GM would make the call on Murray

Only way I can see Patty walking away is a health-realted thing, or Pegula is twice the meddler PA suspects.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.