Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

3 - 4 years, smart guy, lowballing our expectations for when this team does well in 2 yrs everyone will say he is a great GM.

My thought exactly. And with a three year contract for Nolan, you just know he'll be coaching his cojones off in the second half of his contract to get an extension as the team matures. Three years is the perfect contract length to offer Nolan.

Is anyone else having trouble watching this presser? I get to the page and it just keeps loading

No offense 26, thanks for the link either way

That was a live link. Recorded link not up yet.

@BuffaloSabres

Deslauriers and Klesla, acquired by #Sabres, to start with @AmerksHockey "for now," Murray tells @WGR550.

I think the Moulson, Miller and Ott deals were successful. I think theb McNabb one was a bad one but I guess the future will judge that. I don't like the Halak deal, but maybe Neuvirth shocks us.

(Counting the Miller and Ott deals separately). Three for five is a good number.

The important parts, since none of the prospects are outstanding: gave up two seconds (and one conditional second), a third (and a conditional third) and got back a first (and a conditional first) and two seconds.

Edited by Tankalicious

This season's teardown is over.

Rounding off the picks (LA's 2nds our third going out, Minnesota's and Winnipeg's seconds coming in) and concentrating on the pieces that matter:

Miller, Ott and Vanek (plus McNabb) netted us:

• Two players (Stewart and Neuvirth)
  • Three prospects (Fasching, Deslaurier and Carrier)
  • And four picks (Islanders first, Blues first, Islanders 2nd and the Blues conditional pick)

That's nine pieces with upside. I'm OK with the return. Now we wait and see how they develop.

Edited by dudacek

Miller

Ott

Moulson

Mcnabb

Mccormick

Parker

2014 LA 2nd

2015 LA 2nd

2015 3rd

2015 2nd (conditional)

2016 3rd (conditional)

for

Fasching

Deslauriers

Carrier

Stewart

Neuvirth

Mitchell

Klesa

2014 WPG 2nd

2015 MIN 2nd

2014 WAS 6th

2015 STL 1st

2014 STL 1st (Conditional)

Okay I think that includes everything haha. Sorry it took a few times

Edited by Numark

I think the Moulson, Miller and Ott deals were successful. I think theb McNabb one was a bad one but I guess the future will judge that. I don't like the Halak deal, but maybe Neuvirth shocks us.

(Counting the Miller and Ott deals separately). Three for five is a good number.

The important parts, since none of the prospects are outstanding: gave up two seconds (and one conditional second), a third (and a conditional third) and got back a first (and a conditional first) and two seconds.

I don't think the McNabb deal is a bad one. Murray obiviously want Fasching and was willing to give up a Defenseman that couldn't nail down a spot on the worst team in the league and the picks don't mean much when they were part of the LA's pick from last years trade. I'm guessing that Murray is going to draft a goalie of the future in the next two drafts plus we have a few that could possibly make it from the last two drafts.

I will say this, though:

Scott

Konopka

Mitchell

Foligno

Stewart

Weber

We are Class A ###### to play against.

Don't worry most won't be here in 2 years

This season's teardown is over.

Rounding off the picks (LA's 2nds our third going out, Minnesota's and Winnipeg's seconds coming in) and concentrating on the pieces that matter:

Miller, Ott and Vanek (plus McNabb) netted us:

• Two players (Stewart and Neuvirth)
  • Three prospects (Fasching, Deslaurier and Carrier)
  • And four picks (Islanders first, Blues first, Islanders 2nd and the Blues conditional pick)

That's nine pieces with upside. I'm OK with the return. Now we wait and see how they develop.

That's a pretty good haul considering we probably could have only signed one of those guys if we tried to, and still have a chance to sign Ott or Moulson, although it may not be so likely.

Miller

Ott

Moulson

Mcnabb

Mccormick

Parker

2014 LA 2nd

2015 LA 2nd

2015 3rd

2015 2nd (conditional)

2016 3rd (conditional)

for

Fasching

Deslauriers

Carrier

Stewart

Neuvirth

Mitchell

Klesa

2014 WPG 2nd

2015 MIN 2nd

2014 WAS 6th

2015 STL 1st

2014 STL 1st (Conditional)

Okay I think that includes everything haha. Sorry it took a few times

Thanks for the rundown! I heard so many names and numbers today my brain took leave.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.