Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

I can already say that it wasn't phenomenal. Whether it was good (minimum) or very good (max) depends on the details of the Moulson deal.

Now that the details of the Halak deal have been "changed," I'd say it's between so-so and pretty good.

Jonathan Willis@JonathanWillis 1m

Does anyone disagree that Tim Murray had a phenomenal start to his career as #Sabres GM?

Yeah, wow - watching the Sabres next season will be like getting a root canal and a vasectomy at the same time. Oh, I forgot - every draft pick will be spot on and in _____ (fill in the blank) seasons, we will be awesome. Please give me a wakeup call in time for the 50th Anniversary season; maybe we won't suck then.

John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl

The Wild's draft picks coming back to Buffalo in Matt Moulson trade are a second-rounder in 2014 and second-rounder in 2016, source says

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Catching up. Stempniak to Pitt for a 3rd.

Third rounder for Pittsburgh.

Did we get more for Moulson than the Isles for Vanek?

I think the 2 second roundes for Matty are ok, so we received 1 first and three second rounders for Vanek.

The Halak trade I do not understand, but we will see what happen.

Well, the only hope is the future - the team will be really brutal to watch the rest of the season.... Leino, Stewart, Scott....there isn't much talent on the bench now. This last week should put a stop to the Sabres' late season surge.

I really like how much cap space we're going to have to work with. We should be able to buy ourselves a quicker rebuild now.

Your going to have to convince players to actually come here, and I would doubt that anyone with a choice between Buffalo and somewhere else are picking Buffalo unless its for twice the salary

Your going to have to convince players to actually come here, and I would doubt that anyone with a choice between Buffalo and somewhere else are picking Buffalo unless its for twice the salary

...which they can provide.

So the next time we see the Sabres on the ice there will be a much different roster.

Less: Moulson, McCormick, Halak and Add: Neuvirth, Mitchell and Conacher. Not to mention no more Miller, Ott and adding Stewart.

Seems like a bunch of mercenaries playing for the Sabres the rest of this season.

Edit: Forgot about the Conacher waiver pick up.

Now that you put it that way... yes, this team stinks like ######!

Klesla involved in the Washington deal for Halak. Guess that's better than a 6th rounder because most 6th rounders never make it

Rusty is our new $3 million Amerk!

Well, the only hope is the future - the team will be really brutal to watch the rest of the season.... Leino, Stewart, Scott....there isn't much talent on the bench now. This last week should put a stop to the Sabres' late season surge.

One of those things is not like the other. Stewart doesn't belong on that list - he's a two time 25 goal scorer.

did you mean Mitchell?

I'm tired of this story line. It doesn't fly. Guys go to crap teams all the time.

I'm tired of this story line. It doesn't fly. Guys go to crap teams all the time.

Sure they do, when theres little interest in them elsewhere and the team grossly overpays them

Even when the Sabres were decent players overlooked them for bigger market teams. What good FA is going to want to sign a contract with the Sabres this offseason if they have another offer from a better team?

The only player I can think of that passed up better teams for a smaller market was Horton going to Columbus

Some players have actually stated that they prefer to go to crap teams or non-traditional markets to get out of the spotlight. You never know.

Name one besides Horton

Sure they do, when theres little interest in them elsewhere and the team grossly overpays them

Even when the Sabres were decent players overlooked them for bigger market teams. What good FA is going to want to sign a contract with the Sabres this offseason if they have another offer from a better team?

The only player I can think of that passed up better teams for a smaller market was Horton going to Columbus

Name one besides Horton

Stamkos

Name one besides Horton

Stamkos and Horton. Not saying it is common, but it certainly has happened before.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

We should hire back Darcy Regier as the Assistant GM in charge of selling off s**t.

I was listening to the guys on WGR550 and they are jumping up and down about how great the Sabres and Tim Murray did at the trade deadline. These are the same guys who were ripping Darcy Regier apart for his actions. Regier's trades aren't looking so bad now. Look what he got for Vanek for example. Regier had flaws, but he did acquire a lot of future assets for which he should receive some credit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.