Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Just to step into the wee-wee contest, IMHO Crosby plus Nolan from the beginning of this season makes the Sabres a playoff team, while Miller on the Oilers from the beginning of the season does not make them a playoff team.

Reasons:

1. The Sabres with Nolan coaching are better than the Oilers.

2. Crosby is better than Miller (and I really like Miller).

Did you see that Bill Cosby is going to have a new sit-com?

She is :lol:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time for the sake of giving you a hard time, but your posts are consistently lacking and I want to make it clear where those areas are. We are butting heads for the same reason every time, which is that I am asking more from you and you don't feel the need to do it. This is not my problem to fix. It's on you.

A little far fetched with the Crosby point, no?

I think everyone here is drastically discounting how well the talent players are playing for Edmonton. They aren't a team of third and fourth liners like Buffalo is. Maybe next year we'll resemble Edmonton with young and talented guys, but right now I don't see it. We're bargain bin while Edmonton is unpolished.

I could be dreaming, but I think there is a fair amount of mediocrity in the EC -- so it's not that hard to make the playoffs -- and I think Crosby is a major difference-maker.

I certainly agree with the bolded part. However, I think a bunch of highly-drafted forwards is a far cry from a good NHL team. There's a reason they stink every year. Losing has become ingrained into that franchise's culture. It's going to take a major housecleaning, including some on-ice moves, to fix it.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time for the sake of giving you a hard time, but your posts are consistently lacking and I want to make it clear where those areas are. We are butting heads for the same reason every time, which is that I am asking more from you and you don't feel the need to do it. This is not my problem to fix. It's on you.

Just curious, who died and left you boss? It's obvious by this post, you are one of the one's who thinks they run the show around here. It's no wonder why newbies don't stay.

Edited by BocceBall

Just curious, who died and left you boss? It's obvious by this post, your one of the one's who thinks they run the show around here. It's no wonder why newbies don't stay.

I'm tired of having to make people's points for them. There are plenty of posters here who understand this and make posts that are well thought out and worth a readers time. Not sure why my reasonable expectations are the problem.

About as shocking as you having a girlfriend. That was a joke. Don't get all huffy.

Josie must be a saint.

I stick around for the beard.

He knows better than to argue with me, usually. We don't have much that we disagree about, but arguing with him when we ARE equally invested in conflicting viewpoints is fascinating. You will rarely meet anyone as stubborn as d4rk, or myself... It will go for hours, involve multiple book references, descend into theories, ascend back to fact, and end in a draw, usually laughing at the stupidity of it all. Ain't worth it. I've got better ways to harangue my brain cells. :P

And there's plenty of posters in this community who fit that bill as well. It's interesting to watch you guys clash. Egos and opinion and differing levels of experience get going and I get the popcorn. I'm a terrible arguer- I'll end up validating your point and still argue my own and get overly verbose over nothing. I'm here to learn.

Play nice, boys. Carry on.

I'm tired of having to make people's points for them. There are plenty of posters here who understand this and make posts that are well tonight out and worth a readers time. Not sure why my reasonable expectations are the problem.

This is the part that is pure ignorance and i will elaborate for you later.

Not sure how many of you have read Lebrun's interview with Murray, or listened to the WGR segment with Lafontaine.

If you have, do you agree there is a definite tone change in terms of the Miller answers?

I'm convinced they have had their chat and Ryan is officially on the market.

And since they have never wavered from the "he can't walk for nothing" position, a deal is going to happen.

It's just a matter of "how soon?" and "for who?"

My impression of Murray is it's not going to take long.

Not sure how many of you have read Lebrun's interview with Murray, or listened to the WGR segment with Lafontaine.

If you have, do you agree there is a definite tone change in terms of the Miller answers?

And since they have never wavered from the "he can't walk for nothing" position, a deal is going to happen.

My impression of Murray is it's not going to take long.

My impression, having not listened or watched any of those things :P, was that Miller's point has been enough words, i want to see action. So rather than saying they will build up a young core and trade picks and prospects for young promising guys, go and do it. The fact is that the only trade in the last 11 months was getting rid of Vanek and bringing in Omark. We haven't done anything to make me think we won't be in last place next year. So I don't think Miller is more inclined to resign now than he was 11 months ago

And for those wanting to tank next year. At best we have a 75% chance of not getting McDavid. There is no point hoping we suck as there is a very good chance we suck and don't get the next Crosby. I don't want a Taylor Hall, I want a Toews or Kane or Crosby.

My impression, having not listened or watched any of those things :P, was that Miller's point has been enough words, i want to see action. So rather than saying they will build up a young core and trade picks and prospects for young promising guys, go and do it. The fact is that the only trade in the last 11 months was getting rid of Vanek and bringing in Omark. We haven't done anything to make me think we won't be in last place next year. So I don't think Miller is more inclined to resign now than he was 11 months ago

And for those wanting to tank next year. At best we have a 75% chance of not getting McDavid. There is no point hoping we suck as there is a very good chance we suck and don't get the next Crosby. I don't want a Taylor Hall, I want a Toews or Kane or Crosby.

Finishing dead last next year guarantees us with McDavid or Eichel who is also rated extremely high.

I'm tired of having to make people's points for them. There are plenty of posters here who understand this and make posts that are well thought out and worth a readers time. Not sure why my reasonable expectations are the problem.

ignorance is bliss isn't it. like i said, who died and left you boss?

it's an opinion board and it doesn't need you running around here correcting people because their opinion differs from yours.

I listened to the PLF interview today. I agree with your impressions. As a related point, Ted Black also stressed the "he can't walk for nothing" view.

PLF also indicated that getting him back in free agency was a possibility, which I found interesting.

ignorance is bliss isn't it. like i said, who died and left you boss?

it's an opinion board and it doesn't need you running around here correcting people because their opinion differs from yours.

Where am I correcting opinions? I'm asking people to support their opinions. Isn't that the entire point of this place? Or do you want to be a passenger in the whaaambulance too?

Perhaps consider sucking it up?

Is this about Miller?

In any case, are you still feeling good about Enroth, who is now 1-10?

Eeeeeesssshhhh.

Nope, had nothing to do with Miller.

But, I'll take the 8 game stretch he put together before tonight, mixed in with one bad night, any day. Yeah, I'm still feeling very good.

Is this about Miller?

In any case, are you still feeling good about Enroth, who is now 1-10?

Eeeeeesssshhhh.

I don't believe relying on Miller to stick around is the answer, and obviously Enroth needs the games to garner some experience. I don't believe Enroth has much to do about the future, just the bridge to the future.

I do understand your point here. But honestly, just take a quick google search of next years draft and it's not just McDavid. The top 5 are suppose to be awesome. I know there is the old addage that next years draft is always better than this year. I get that but the things I'm reading from legit hockey writers is that next years draft should be atleast as good as last years draft (or even better at the very top ie. picks 1 AND 2).

Morning all, I see Ryan is still a Sabre as of roughly 9am this morning. That's it, I'm done with this Murray character, why isn't Ty Rattie or Dimitrij Jaskin in the Sabres prospect pool yet.......... :P

Hhahahahhaa, nice.

Here's what we can expect next year: suck a little or suck a lot. In terms of entertainment value and hope of winning the Cup those two options are exactly the same to me. The only place that they differ is in the opportunity they give you to secure elite talent (it doesn't begin and end with McDavid either). One gives you very little chance, the other gets you in a legitimate conversation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.