• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Article about Halak to Minnesota potential: http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/3/2/5462564/buffalo-sabres-jaroslav-halak-trade-minnesota-wild

Jaroslav Halak's stay in Buffalo might not last very long.

When the St. Louis Blues dealt the goaltender to Buffalo a few days ago in exchange for Ryan Miller, it was assumed Halak would pick up right where Miller left off. But the Sabres are actively trying to trade Halak to the Minnesota Wild, according to Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune.Minnesota is listening, but general manager Chuck Fletcher is hesitant about trading for a goalie St. Louis was so eager to get rid of (via Russo):

But some inside the
worry he was a product of the Blues' stingy system and there's a reason St. Louis felt Miller, not Halak, was the final piece of a
puzzle.

But if the price is right, Fletcher could pull the trigger.

Russo also reports that the Wild have inquired about New Jersey Devilsgoaltender Martin Brodeur.[

Also there's word that the wild may have been in on the Miller thing but it became too rich for them. Halak or someone else could be the fallback plan ?

At this point I'd have to say that Halak > Brodeur. I wonder what NJD is looking for in return?

After watching the Caps-Flyers this afternoon, I'm wondering if both of those teams would want to give the Sabres a call about Halak too.

TRADE IDEAS:

McPhee wants to make moves with his job on the line. His first priority is moving Erat while improving his club to try and make the playoffs. After today's game the Caps still need goalie help and I think Halak has played excellent against them in the past.

To WSH: Halak , Adam

To BUF: Erat, 1st Round Pick (Sabres choose '14 or '15)

Probably slight overpayment from WSH but McPhee did trade P. Forsberg for Erat

Montreal is looking to get bigger on the wing

To MTL: Stafford

To BUF: 3rd Round Pick 2014, Conditional 2nd Round Pick 2015 that can become a 1st if Stafford scores 30 goals.

Reported that Ottawa likes Stewart. Tried to get him from Blues.

To OTT: Chris Stewart

To BUF: Mike Hoffman, Shane Prince, lower level prospect of T.Murray's choice

Ducks are looking for help on D. Sabres need high end goalie prospect.

To ANA: Christian Ehrhoff,

To BUF: 1st 2014(Ottawa Ryan trade), John Gibson

Overpayment by Ducks because of possible recapture penalty to Sabres

Oilers need a franchise player on the back end. Sabres need one up front.

To EDM: Tyler Myers, 2015 2nd

To BUF: Jordan Eberle, Ladislav Smid, 2015 1st

Just putting these out there for fun. Maybe a bit slated toward our side but overall not too far from correct value IMO.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

You're not getting a substantial piece like a first or Wilson in a deal for Halak. Let alone both.

Maybe Erat, Chandler Stephenson and a 3rd for Halak and Stafford.

Edited by Tankalicious

Strongly disagree. I'm not even sure Brodeur is an acceptable backup at this point, and he's not going to reverse the aging process when the date on the calendar changes.

In 11-12 Brodeur has similarly poor numbers in the regular season and then took the Devils to the finals.

You're not getting a substantial piece like a first or Wilson in a deal for Halak. Let alone both.

Maybe Erat, Chandler Stephenson and a 3rd for Halak and Stafford.

Erat has negative value, taking him from WSH is a favor to them. Like Kotalik in the Regehr trade.

Stafford is very erratic but a change of scenery could see him hit 25 goals yearly. He has played well lately and McPhee thought he had him at the deadline last year.

Edit: I changed who I had Stafford going to anyways. lol

One trade I wouldn't mind seeing would be acquiring Evander Kane.

Something like Ehrhoff, Grigorenko, Armia / Hodgson, Ehrhoff, Armia

Myers, Ennis, Grigorenko for Kane, Byfuglien

E. Kane is Iginla 2.0 if coached up.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

TRADE IDEAS:

McPhee wants to make moves with his job on the line. His first priority is moving Erat while improving his club to try and make the playoffs. After today's game the Caps still need goalie help and I think Halak has played excellent against them in the past.

To WSH: Halak , Adam...

You lost me at Adam.

Guest Sloth

Myers trade value is rather high. If Buffalo were to trade a player on the current roster, he'd get the most in return. Taylor Hall for Tyler Myers would be a fair trade, in my opinion. I have to admit I hope Myers is kept in Buffalo.

Edited by thanes16

Myers trade value is rather high. If Buffalo were to trade a player on the current roster, he'd get the most in return. Taylor Hall for Tyler Myers would be a fair trade, in my opinion. I have to admit I hope Myers is kept in Buffalo.

I tend to disagree with this thought. Why do you consider his value as "rather high?"

Erat has negative value, taking him from WSH is a favor to them. Like Kotalik in the Regehr trade.

Stafford is very erratic but a change of scenery could see him hit 25 goals yearly. He has played well lately and McPhee thought he had him at the deadline last year.

Edit: I changed who I had Stafford going to anyways. lol

One trade I wouldn't mind seeing would be acquiring Evander Kane.

Something like Ehrhoff, Grigorenko, Armia / Hodgson, Ehrhoff, Armia

Myers, Ennis, Grigorenko for Kane, Byfuglien

E. Kane is Iginla 2.0 if coached up.

Oh my goodness those are some terrible offers. Far too much to give for one player. Your top center prospect, your top wing prospect and your top defenseman? Your top current center, your top defenseman and your top winger prospect? Far too much.

I tend to disagree with this thought. Why do you consider his value as "rather high?"

24-year-old 6'8" dman playing the best hockey of his life over the last 30 games or so. That's the spot.

Guest Sloth

24-year-old 6'8" dman playing the best hockey of his life over the last 30 games or so. That's the spot.

Bingo!! Myers is beginning to play w/ a veterans presence/elite skill level many hoped for. Myers potential is up there.