GDT: Florida at Buffalo 1-9-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Gigorenko is not ready for the NHL. Haven't we already seen enough of him to know that?

My point is are these other guys?? Grigs actually was playing better before he got benched again. At least he has talent. At least he has the potential to make a play. Some of these guys we are dressing are useless. Just because Grigs is not yet the player we thought he would be does not mean he is not a better option than 1/2 these forwards.

I don't see what going back to Jr's is going to do for him. Give him 40 games at the NHL level. Let him take his lumps. Then next year Rochester is an option. Going back to the Q will do NOTHING to make him better for next year.

Gigorenko is not ready for the NHL. Haven't we already seen enough of him to know that?

This.

Sicknfla: I think the point of playing the retreads is to establish a team-wide attitude of effort, accountability and expecting to win. That is the first step of the rebuild. When talented kids are ready -- and not before -- they get worked into the mix and hopefully elevate the team.

Giving ice time to a kid who hasn't earned it impairs the effort to instill that attitude, so it undercuts the rebuild. I think most hockey people also think it is generally detrimental to the kid's long-term development.

Griggy will get ice time when he earns it. Until then I'd rather see Kenopka skating hard and knocking heads.

My point is are these other guys?? Grigs actually was playing better before he got benched again. At least he has talent. At least he has the potential to make a play. Some of these guys we are dressing are useless. Just because Grigs is not yet the player we thought he would be does not mean he is not a better option than 1/2 these forwards.

I don't see what going back to Jr's is going to do for him. Give him 40 games at the NHL level. Let him take his lumps. Then next year Rochester is an option. Going back to the Q will do NOTHING to make him better for next year.

He's not going to develop here with this roster. Putting a young kid in the mix with a bunch of journeymen is not going to help him. The Q, followed by Rochester, is the best progression for him. He just isn't physically ready for the NHL.

Let this team complete the tank. That's why half of them are scrubs. We don't want to nor do we need to field a team with actual talent this season. No need to inject Grigorenko with no one to surround him.

Personally, I hope he doesn't play another regular season game for this team until the fall of 2015.

This.

Sicknfla: I think the point of playing the retreads is to establish a team-wide attitude of effort, accountability and expecting to win. That is the first step of the rebuild. When talented kids are ready -- and not before -- they get worked into the mix and hopefully elevate the team.

Giving ice time to a kid who hasn't earned it impairs the effort to instill that attitude, so it undercuts the rebuild. I think most hockey people also think it is generally detrimental to the kid's long-term development.

Griggy will get ice time when he earns it. Until then I'd rather see Kenopka skating hard and knocking heads.

Well said.

It's a bad situation. That is definitely the takeaway here. Darcy made a darned mess and Grigorenko has been it's biggest victim.

This

This.

Well put as usual :thumbsup:

This.

That's the way TN did it last time.

This.

Plus it has been entirely more watchable of a team than the previous Rolston version of 'watch the kids suck and lose confidence and get sad boo'. Just need to get the top tier talent to allow them to score more than a goal a game.

This.

That's a much more nuanced response than I would have offered. I was thinking it may have to do with Grigs simply not working hard enough in practice...

Archived