GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 2-25-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Weirdly, I still feel pretty confident that the Leino contract is going to work out.

For that contract to work out, he basically needs to score 60 goals both this season, and next season.

He was hired to score 20-30 goals a season, and add the same number of assists.

So far he's got 10 :blink: over three seasons, granted one of which was shortened.

I remember when our first dog died a couple of years ago now...I found that more difficult to handle in the immediate short-term than the death of a person. Now she's a tchotchke under the TV, which we refer to now and again as "she was a great dog...". The pain wore off quickly...here's hoping that's true for you, Doohickie.

I watched my dog slowly slip from this life.

FB_20140108_11_42_27_Saved_Picture.jpg

...and took her to the vet this morning to finish the job.

Really sorry. I had the exact same thing one week ago (Tues/Wed - same scenario) with my beloved almost 18 year old cat (who was really a dog in disguise - the friendlest, loyalist cat in the world)..................I took a pic that night and she had that same look in her eyes. Is that pic from last night?

haha! Probably not saying much, but Stafford is significantly more effective on the ice then Leino. Leino is virtually useless. He's as easy to knock over as a kewpie doll, and as fragile as a China doll. And we're halfway thru the season, and John Friggin Scott has scored more goals than LAME-o.

Is Leino officially the worst contract in Sabres' history?

I'm sure there may have been a worse contract, I can't personally think of one, but it's pretty damn close.

I agree Stafford has played better for sure, we need to hit the cap floor and if his play stays at this level, I wouldn't overly hate keeping him for a discount,

Weirdly, I still feel pretty confident that the Leino contract is going to work out.

I want what you are smoking, 0 goals in 42 (or however many games he's played) that's unacceptable.... He's constantly injured and he makes a good deal of cash, isn't physical. The only thing he is ok with is the puck in the corners on occasional nights.... What have you seen that makes you think different?

Or is that sarcasm my blonde didn't pick up on?

Really sorry. I had the exact same thing one week ago (Tues/Wed - same scenario) with my beloved almost 18 year old cat (who was really a dog in disguise - the friendlest, loyalist cat in the world)..................I took a pic that night and she had that same look in her eyes. Is that pic from last night?

Sorry that both of you had to say goodbye to your pets. :(

Glad that you both had the chance to say goodbye.

Doohickie, I hope your son didn' take it too hard.

Is that pic from last night?

Actually from Monday. She was slipping fast at that point, although we didn't realize how fast at the time.

That sux man.

(And I don't mean the Red Wings shirt.)

When that pic was taken, we had just moved from Detroit to Fort Worth, and the Wings had just won their first Cup in 42 years. Also of note: That little boy is 6'-5" now.

Edited by Doohickie

If I remember right, he wore that shirt to a Wings Alumni game at U of Mich., and it has signatures of some of the old-timers on the back including Alex Delvecchio.

It's such a sad look to me. You see them grow up and they're strapping and full of life, and then you see that look at the end. It's almost like resignation and "get me out of here."

I dread that with my youngest dog, a German Shepherd mix. Sure, all our dogs were/are family, but Winston is more family than the rest, probably the best dog we've ever had (he even sleeps in bed with us most nights when it's cold). And right now he's in his prime (almost 4 years old). Not looking forward to his decline; he's such an awesome dog. The recently deceased Sugar was my son's dog and he was her boy. I'm sad at her passing, but I never felt as bonded to her as I am to Winston.

I dread that with my youngest dog, a German Shepherd mix. Sure, all our dogs were/are family, but Winston is more family than the rest, probably the best dog we've ever had (he even sleeps in bed with us most nights when it's cold). And right now he's in his prime (almost 4 years old). Not looking forward to his decline; he's such an awesome dog. The recently deceased Sugar was my son's dog and he was her boy. I'm sad at her passing, but I never felt as bonded to her as I am to Winston.

Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss. And bbb's as well. :(

One of the hardest times I've ever cried was when I had to bury one of my cats. That same month or so, the kitten we got to replace him passed away unexpectedly as well. Up until that point, when one passed, my parents did the sad work and kept us kids out of it. They're furry family, and it's kind of embarrassing to admit that I've cried more over pets than most people I've lost over the years. The important thing is that they move on from pain. I avoided getting a pet for a long time because I didn't want to face that again.

(And I know it's unpopular here for obvious reasons, but i dig the shirt! I'll take my dirty Detroit roots somewhere else, now.)

Had a big black lab when I was a teenager/in my twenties. Built as a brick-wall, usually mistaken for a black Rottweiler, with smarts a and serious crush on children, puppies and basically everything enfant.

He was particularly fond of my youngest niece, who he managed to corner in the living room once when she was about two years old - That little girl grabbed that huge head, taller than she, and pushed him away while going "Go away, stupid Butler".

I'll remember that sight for as long as I live.

What we need to remember as pet owners, is when you start seeing that resignating look, you always need to ask yourself at what time that animal stops living for itself, and starts living for you. We owe that much, to friends who become such huge parts of our lives.

What we need to remember as pet owners, is when you start seeing that resignating look, you always need to ask yourself at what time that animal stops living for itself, and starts living for you. We owe that much, to friends who become such huge parts of our lives.

That is beautiful.

Condolences to you both. It's one of the worst things to have to do.

----

True. I wanted so badly for my dog to go on his own so I wouldn't have to make that call, but he just didn't have quality of life anymore. And I still second-guess the decision, even knowing it was the right one.

I'm so sorry, and I understand. I had to put my own dog to sleep almost 9 years ago - he started having seizures, and ended up with one he wasn't going to come out of. One of the toughest days of my life.

That's what I just went through. The "sister" of this cat died a few years ago, and it's the first time I had to put a pet down. She was always the weaker, smaller one, and I loved her even though she wasn't the friendly strong cat this one was........So, I was thinking after that - Wow, I can't picture this one ever getting that weak, but it hit me that it was inevitable.

I kind of obsessed about that type of thing for awhile, thinking when she'd jump up on me, etc. that she'll be gone in a few years, etc............And, then somehow I stopped thinking that and just said Screw that - she's alive RIGHT NOW and that's all that matters.

So, I guess what I'm saying is not to worry about about the inevitable. Winston's not, so enjoy every moment!+

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.