Hat Trick Celebrations..strangest?

millbank

Taylor Hall of Edmonton scored a hat trick last evening , after which hats were thrown on ice in recognition of this accomplishment. Additionally, a women/ man :o , became so enthused they ripped of the bra and through it on the ice. What is the strangest item you have seen after a hat trick thrown on ice. ( the throwing of items after a hat trick a in many places a tradition, recall Leafs fans back in the day , taking off their Leaf sweaters and throwing them on the ice, this in disapproval, it goes without saying people throwing things on ice does disrupt the flow of game and is dangerous, but there are instances, where such can be done in fun and celebration. With that in mind have you ever thrown a hat on ice, a team hat these days does cost a great deal. I see the fun , I suppose but it costly.

Not a hat trick but I still find the Detroit tradition of throwing octopi onto the ice hilarious/awesome/bizarre. I enjoy the story behind it but I sure would hate to be the fan that gets smacked in the noggin by a slimy dead/dying cephalopod chucked by a half drunk fan with a bad arm.

Not a hat trick but I still find the Detroit tradition of throwing octopi onto the ice hilarious/awesome/bizarre. I enjoy the story behind it but I sure would hate to be the fan that gets smacked in the noggin by a slimy dead/dying cephalopod chucked by a half drunk fan with a bad arm.

Watch out for fish or chickens (depending on which rink it's at) if you ever go to a Cornell-Harvard game.

Has any team ever gone an entire season without having one player score a hat trick? Because im almost certain this team will not have a 3-goal scorer in any single game.

I'd be happy if at this point we had more than a handful of 3-goal seasons.

Hadn't thought about it until just now, but for all of the Amerks and Sabres games I went to when I lived up there, and all the Admirals games I've gone to in my 20+ years down here, I have never once seen a player on a (pro) team I was rooting for score a hat trick.

And I don't know what I'd do - $20.00 is a lot of money to toss out onto the ice in the form of a team hat...

Question.

What do they do with all of the hats that are thrown on the ice for hat trick celebrations. Charity ? As Campy said they aren't cheap and when you add up the cost of tickets,concessions and yer hat it would be hard for me to throw it away but if it was going to charities I'd be ok with parting ways.

Question.

What do they do with all of the hats that are thrown on the ice for hat trick celebrations. Charity ? As Campy said they aren't cheap and when you add up the cost of tickets,concessions and yer hat it would be hard for me to throw it away but if it was going to charities I'd be ok with parting ways.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Hockey-mystery-What-happens-to-hats-thrown-for-?urn=nhl,167824

above is one answer...

Question.

They are washed and given to charities.

Archived