GDT: Dallas at Buffalo 10-28-13 at 7:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

I have to side with 11 here, ink; there may have been a lot of mixed emotions among the fans towards Vanek, but I don't think hate is/was in the list.

Well I hated him up until last season. If fans didn't hate him, they sure did a lot of complaining about him.

Well I hated him up until last season. If fans didn't hate him, they sure did a lot of complaining about him.

He was the highest paid, biggest star and highest profile player on the team. Criticism is to be expected. Not sure any fans hated Thomas Vanek.

This is a new team, headed in a different direction. Out with the old, in with the new...... Enroth should be playing!!!!!

Yes, let's get the word out there that Miller is no longer wanted/needed. That should drive the price right through the roof.

My only problem with Vanek is that I always felt he could give just a little bit more than he did. He was missing that extra little bit of "it" that would really have put him over the top.

Well said. The video nfreeman posted of Vanek's classic goal against the Caps reminded me that he would show that burst of speed three times a season. It'll be interesting to see if Capuano/playing with Tavares/a change of scenery/whatever can coax more out of him. (References to Lindy Ruff hurting Vanek's chances at being a truly elite player have been redacted, out of deference to the day.)

Yes, let's get the word out there that Miller is no longer wanted/needed. That should drive the price right through the roof.

Miller's been around for 10 years, been a proven starter, Olympic Silver medalist and MVP, Vezina trophy winner and every GM in the league knows what Darcy is doing. Somehow I don't think playing Enroth is going to make Miler worth any less.

Do you think Dale Tallon is sitting in his office talking to Darcy and saying, 'Ya know Darcy, we really need a starting goaltender and were willing to offer you a 1st round pick. But you didn't play him last week so we're going to shop elsewhere'? Come on..........

I'm not rooting for it, but I do see a lobsided Dallas victory in the offing. Lindy coming back. Vanek gone. Hardluck Miller in goal and Mr Rolston behind the bench with less talent than he started the week with. It is a perfect storm. This game may just be the bottom the Sabres need to go through. That has to be one unhappy clubhouse. And then on top of it, Mr Rolston didn't even have Moulson practice with his line mates today... Going to be ugly.

Archived