GDT: Dallas at Buffalo 10-28-13 at 7:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

I have come to grips with where the organization is going. Now I just want to follow that progress through games, discussion of the new generation and roster transactions. It is very hard to do that when every thread contains the same discussion from the same posters.

Well, I felt like I was baited, but OTOH I didn't need to take the bait.

I'll go stand in the corner.

Well I finally managed to watch the entire game from yesterday, so thoughts:

Zadorov is not ready and needs to be sent down. I would love to blame the game on Myers but Zadorov just isn't quite there to make it in the NHL. A couple times last night he was out of position or slow to react. Now this seems self serving because I want him sent down but I think he reinforces that fact he needs to be sent down.

Moulson looked good but it was his first game as a Sabre and guys usually come in with their hair on fire. So I will watch him in the coming weeks. His noise for getting open and dishing in pucks was obvious and he had some puck possession and things that I think are stronger than Vanek. Again I need to watch more but I like how he played.

I saw a rare Tyler Ennis performance meaning he got noticed. Hopefully his promotion to the top line gets him out of his funk as last night I actually saw him making some plays.

Stafford... :wallbash:

Cody Hodgson was just as good without Vanek. Again this is a story line to keep an eye on because some have argued Cody will suck after Van leaves. Of course Moulson is similar to Vanek in some ways so maybe he will just keep on trucking.

Ristolainen continues to look better. I like that he shoots first versus guys like Myers who think way to long than fire shots into defenders. His zone presence could use a little work as I think he sometimes gets lost because of the speed but I loved watching him rub out Nichushkin... who by the way I don't think I noticed anything good from.

Overall I think the forwards at times were better that game. They seemed to help out when possible and even though Dallas had 4 goals I think we actually saw a step in the right direction. Credit to Dallas for capitalizing on the chances they did get. Finally I saw some actual offensive zone time and Moulson forechecked (A habit I hope he keeps) which resulted in at least 1 of our goals. A small step in the direction but we are climbing K2 and we only just left base camp.

Archived