Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

So glad this is now done. That whole MN thing was scaring me. Vanek lost all interest in this team and the youth has been carrying any good play so far this season. Get Miller on the next train outta here and call it a day. I can finally breathe now that the TRUE rebuild is now underway. Get a power forward for Miller, draft top center and off we go.

So glad this is now done. That whole MN thing was scaring me. Vanek lost all interest in this team and the youth has been carrying any good play so far this season. Get Miller on the next train outta here and call it a day. I can finally breathe now that the TRUE rebuild is now underway. Get a power forward for Miller, draft top center and off we go.

I'm with ya.

Thing is, with the scuttlebutt that Vanek wants to sign with the Wild next season, who was going to give the Sabres anything like this for him? I think this was the smart move, because I'm sure Vanek gave them the heads-up that there's no fricking way in hell he's resigning to this clusterf*ck.

Moulson could work out, but I suspect they're looking to trade for even more picks or, as someone noted, another Larsson.

Florida needs a goaltender NOW!

Thing is, with the scuttlebutt that Vanek wants to sign with the Wild next season, who was going to give the Sabres anything like this for him? I think this was the smart move, because I'm sure Vanek gave them the heads-up that there's no fricking way in hell he's resigning to this clusterf*ck.

Moulson could work out, but I suspect they're looking to trade for even more picks or, as someone noted, another Larsson.

Two big reasons that (so far) we got less than we did for Poms:

1. Pominville had 1.5 years left on his contract.

2. The chances of re-signing Vanek seem lower due to everyone assuming he's headed to Minnesota.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.