Is it Too early to put Grigo and Bust in the same sentence?

theesir

Hertl is 19 too, wouldn't you know....

and he scored 4goals in a game with 9... when was the last time the Sabres scored 9 goals in a single game?

Stafford had a hat trick in back to back games, still he isn't a top 6 guy.

Great players are consistent. That is what keeps Vanek in the very good category.

and he scored 4goals in a game with 9... when was the last time the Sabres scored 9 goals in a single game?

Stafford had a hat trick in back to back games, still he isn't a top 6 guy.

Great players are consistent. That is what keeps Vanek in the very good category.

Yeah, I kind of elaborated a little, you guys are just too trigger happy :-)

At 19 years 330 days, he's almost 20. Another year older than Grigs.

And the Sabres still had the option of picking him over Grigo.

Look, I'm not saying someone should've known about this, or be blamed for something, I'm just annoyed that our so-called top prospect looks like he wouldn't even crack the 2nd line on the Amerks, while someone who went behind him in the draft, scores crazy goals for his powerhouse team.

But I guess, in more ways than one, the reason is exactly that - He plays for a talent powerhouse. And apparently there's a reason they're good, even if they always choke in the playoffs.

And the Sabres still had the option of picking him over Grigo.

Look, I'm not saying someone should've known about this, or be blamed for something, I'm just annoyed that our so-called top prospect looks like he wouldn't even crack the 2nd line on the Amerks, while someone who went behind him in the draft, scores crazy goals for his powerhouse team.

But I guess, in more ways than one, the reason is exactly that - He plays for a talent powerhouse. And apparently there's a reason they're good, even if they always choke in the playoffs.

Better environment for a young creative player on a good team with aspirations and playing with other talented players.

January 27, 2009 (unless I missed one), they scored 10 against Edmonton. A lot of 7's (at least one per season) over the years since.

Great players are consistent.

Well, Hertl did have two more goals in his other two games, so he's off to a good start.

January 27, 2009 (unless I missed one), they scored 10 against Edmonton. A lot of 7's (at least one per season) over the years since.

Well, Hertl did have two more goals in his other two games, so he's off to a good start.

He is off to a great start. His Shot% is .462... that is unsustainable.

I always love looking this one up: Patrick Lalime started his career with a 14-0-2 streak. That one might as well be the king of all "wait a few more games before you judge this guy" examples.

Grigs should have never played last year and they wasted a year of his rookie contract. That said he should still be in junior this year as well. His skating isn't great and he glides way too much. There is a reason why he dropped in the draft. Too me they need to send him down to junior so he can figure out what he needs to do to be a nhl player on an everyday basis. Why rush these kids. This team is scary bad and Girgensons and Ristolainen both need to be in Rochester .

Marek Zagrapan anybody? Another Russian. was drafted 13th

We all know how that went.

He was also in the Q, putting up very similar numbers as Grigs

Zagrapan's nationatity is from Slovakia*****

At least Zagrapan could skate, Grigorenko skates like John LeClair.

And I'm talking post-mulitiple-back-surgeries-2006-John LeClair.

Grigs should have never played last year and they wasted a year of his rookie contract. That said he should still be in junior this year as well. His skating isn't great and he glides way too much. There is a reason why he dropped in the draft. Too me they need to send him down to junior so he can figure out what he needs to do to be a nhl player on an everyday basis. Why rush these kids. This team is scary bad and Girgensons and Ristolainen both need to be in Rochester .

Let's have them bring up Ellis, Zigomanis, and insert Sulzer into the lineup because they'll make the situation so much better. :rolleyes: This team is going to suck with or without the young guys, so IMO this season is about the development of the young guys at the NHL level.

I think folks have to keep in mind that Grigorenko was a high risk, high reward pick. And I don't think Darcy tried to hide it. Most of the draft pundits had this kid pegged as having incredible talent but was no sure thing. We've had two straight years of one high risk, high reward picks paired with one sure thing. Last years draft it was Grigo as the roll-the-dice pick and Girgs as the sure thing. This year Risto was the sure thing and Zadarov was the flier. It should be no surprise if we walk away from those two first round drafts batting .500.

Grigo is a huge talent project. Projects usually take a bit of time. If he hits we are all going to wonder why we questioned him this early. But he may not hit.

I think folks have to keep in mind that Grigorenko was a high risk, high reward pick. And I don't think Darcy tried to hide it. Most of the draft pundits had this kid pegged as having incredible talent but was no sure thing. We've had two straight years of one high risk, high reward picks paired with one sure thing. Last years draft it was Grigo as the roll-the-dice pick and Girgs as the sure thing. This year Risto was the sure thing and Zadarov was the flier. It should be no surprise if we walk away from those two first round drafts batting .500.

Grigo is a huge talent project. Projects usually take a bit of time. If he hits we are all going to wonder why we questioned him this early. But he may not hit.

I would place good money on the idea that Girgensons was the guy they had targeted, but once Grigorenko fell to them, they couldn't resist.

Archived